Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

UK jobs, fuel shortgages etc. Brexit dividents?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 24 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Frankly, the EU are being dicks for the sake of it with regard to cross-channel goods.

My colleagues and I deal with a few exports. So a sealed container of foodstuffs going through France for onward travel to outside the EU. That means the contents have been inspected and certified and a numbered seal applied to the container.

It had the wrong vehicle registration number on one of the documents. Everything else correct. Now what I'd expect to happen is the container be held at customs until new paperwork could be issued. There's no question about the container and its contents.

What I wouldn't expect is French customs officials to break the seal, casually open the container and tramp about in it. It's got foodstuffs in it and they are not even for use in the EU, just transiting on their way to Ukraine. If there was a question about its contents, there's a procedure for inspecting these things so it can be opened in a suitably hygeinic environment, inspected by someone considered competant to issue new documentation then re-sealed. Not rummaged through by some flatfoot on a power trip.

As it is, the whole lot is going to land up in a skip. As soon as they took that seal off without a competant person being present, the chain of custody was broken.

This isn't even something different to what happened before Brexit, the documentation is the same because it's a third country export. What has changed is the attitude of the French.

Except before Brexit there was no French custom checks so how this is the same? The documentation before Brexit is third country export documents issued by UK and the only custom check would have been the exit of the single market border say in Poland.

There was no intermidiate custom checks on any other borders say French or German along the way.

Now French do custom check, because UK is the 3rd country. You literally voted to leave the EU and the single market and now complain about it LOL Laughing

Wait until you find about he EU’s new Entry/Exit System (EES) which will require fingerprints and facial scans to be taken from UK travellers heading to EU countries.

It’s set to begin in October 2024 Laughing

There is more though. EES is part of the European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS) that will likely be implemented next year 2025.

ETIAS is not a visa, it is a travel authorization being implemented to boost security and stop criminals entering Europe. One of the many checks will be against European Criminal Records Information System (ECRIS).

If you have a criminal record, it does not mean that you will automatically get declined for an ETIAS, as it depends on the details of your criminal conviction and when it occurred. There is no exact list of which criminal convictions will prevent you from obtaining an ETIAS but you can assume that crimes of a more serious nature are likely to lead to a declined application.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/fr/MEMO_16_3706
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 24 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papers, please.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 24 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was any thought of Brexit regret Val is here to dispel it Thumbs Up

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:45 - 24 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Except before Brexit there was no French custom checks so how this is the same? The documentation before Brexit is third country export documents issued by UK and the only custom check would have been the exit of the single market border say in Poland.

There was no intermidiate custom checks on any other borders say French or German along the way.

Now French do custom check, because UK is the 3rd country. You literally voted to leave the EU and the single market and now complain about it LOL Laughing

No, they were being dicks. They have rules and regulations aren't following them. The person who opened that container did not have a reasonable reason to do so and was not qualified to remove the customs seal.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 24 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Wait until you find about he EU’s new Entry/Exit System (EES) which will require fingerprints and facial scans to be taken from UK travellers heading to EU countries.

It’s set to begin in October 2024 Laughing

Suits me, keep them out too. Particularly pleased that both Labour and Consertive have in the past few days, turned down the offer from Ursula van Whatsherface to open borders for under 30s to work acrosso EU and UK..
.. its easy to anticipate the direction of majority travel, and once in its hard to repatriate such visitors when time is up.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:34 - 25 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free travel for under 30s? Sounds good if we're getting fit birds from Denmark but I suspect we'd just be getting freshly minted citizens of the male and middle-eastern persuasion.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:12 - 25 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Free travel for under 30s? Sounds good if we're getting fit birds from Denmark but I suspect we'd just be getting freshly minted citizens of the male and middle-eastern persuasion.

How would all these middle eastern people get european passports in order to take advantage of this scheme?

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:52 - 25 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

We probably dont need this scheme for now having just pilfered the best Ukraine had to offer (skilled labour, hot women and of course their scientists).

Balding 60 year old British men need a 20 year old Ukrainian wife dont they? It's closer than Thailand Smile

Apologies to MeeSohYung if you're reading this - I didn't mean your husband Smile

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:56 - 25 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

How would all these middle eastern people get european passports in order to take advantage of this scheme?

They won't need passports. EU identity cards will be valid travel documents as they are within the EU for the people in this scheme.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:18 - 25 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's to do away with visas. not passports.

People from the EU still needed their passports to enter the UK whilst we were in the EU. This scheme wouldn't have changed that.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:34 - 25 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Billions of Euros spunked on bureaucrats... I'm sure the EU will figure out a way Wink

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:55 - 27 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look. An EU country wants to pass legislation to forcibly repatriate irregularly arriving assylum seekers back to the last "safe" country they initially crossed over from.

Thing is, it's Eire and they want to send their illegals back to the UK.

I'd suggest we run whatever reason the French give that makes this impossible through google translate and forward it on to them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68914399

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:08 - 28 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked a bad day to give up gluesniffing.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:30 - 28 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Oh look. An EU country wants to pass legislation to forcibly repatriate irregularly arriving assylum seekers back to the last "safe" country they initially crossed over from.

Thing is, it's Eire and they want to send their illegals back to the UK.

I'd suggest we run whatever reason the French give that makes this impossible through google translate and forward it on to them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68914399

" a UK government source said the UK “won’t accept any asylum returns from the EU via Ireland until the EU accepts that we can send them back to France.”"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c2vw51eggwqo

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:18 - 28 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

quid pro quo - I do love a bit of Latin Smile

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:18 - 29 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear Ireland, you wnated a free border, you have one.

Lets pass them from Calais to Dublin. probably cheaper than Rwanda.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13