the Evil Raspberry

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Grubby
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:16 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claud 14.7 to 1 wrote:
2 words for you; RACE CAN. the bike sounds about 6000000x better.

That ain't a race can, it's a modded standard one, Big Steve from Basingstoke & myself modded it, basically I measured up the length we wanted to get & then Steve chopped out half of the baffle, cut out about 6" of exhaust outer & then welded it all back together. top bit of work by Big Steve, credit where it's due eh! It's sounds the puppies pips now & the throttle response is still ok without any recarburation Thumbs Up It pulls wheelies a treat too.
the tasty paint was done by Graham at Plastec in Reading & won best paint at the Lion rally, with a bit of canvassing eh Clanger Cool
I'd thought about a belly pan but it would look like a half faired bike which is neither one thing or another so NO is the answer to that & Clanger hates faired bikes too so Razz
Oh & the rest of the work was done by lil ol me (Takes a bow!)
Just wait for the pics of me Busa when I've put it back together after it's winter strip & rebuild, that's gonna look very naughty, in a Busa sorta way Karma

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:33 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grubby wrote:
Claud 14.7 to 1 wrote:
2 words for you; RACE CAN. the bike sounds about 6000000x better.

That ain't a race can, it's a modded standard one, Big Steve from Basingstoke & myself modded it, basically I measured up the length we wanted to get & then Steve chopped out half of the baffle, cut out about 6" of exhaust outer & then welded it all back together. top bit of work by Big Steve, credit where it's due eh! It's sounds the puppies pips now & the throttle response is still ok without any recarburation Thumbs Up It pulls wheelies a treat too.
the tasty paint was done by Graham at Plastec in Reading & won best paint at the Lion rally, with a bit of canvassing eh Clanger Cool
I'd thought about a belly pan but it would look like a half faired bike which is neither one thing or another so NO is the answer to that & Clanger hates faired bikes too so Razz
Oh & the rest of the work was done by lil ol me (Takes a bow!)
Just wait for the pics of me Busa when I've put it back together after it's winter strip & rebuild, that's gonna look very naughty, in a Busa sorta way Karma

Apparently you wheelie them too much it will seize up on you, oil doesnt get to the first piston or something Confused

Grubby
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 08:53 - 10 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no danger of that now we've split up. I doubt that I'll be riding Clangers SV again Sad
Oh well I'll just have to live with excessive horsepower instead of nimble handling Twisted Evil

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 11:05 - 11 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bike only ever gets wheelied by me accidentally at traffic lights and hisnibs when he gets the chance to ride her...which isnt actually that often!

Oh and after fitting the Braking waveys, the pads and sorting out the yoke lower at the weekend, he did have the chance once again!

New piccies due soon!

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 11:28 - 11 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

recent pics

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 11:34 - 11 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

new wavey disks

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:44 - 11 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a very trick color that you chose hmmmm it would go well with a micron scortched titanium exhaust no no.... no sorry I don't want to influence anybody to spend cash on bike bits I take it back but that colour sure looks nice Very Happy

Grubby
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:19 - 12 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only popped a little power wheelie honest...oh & that lil stoppie outside the house. I was very good to your bike I thought Clanger.
By the way I want to take some decent pics of both of them sometime soon for my portfolio I'm going to build of bikes that I've built. I've still got some of my others, I need more though. Thumbs Up

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 13:18 - 14 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I guess I could let you do that.....
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 7 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2