A Proper 125...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pat172
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:14 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

haGGard wrote:
I recieved a huge wave on my scooter today from some guy waiting at traffic lights on the other side of the road Razz I was well chuffed Laughing Razz

was he dressed in black and white, have a white cap saying traffic police on the front Laughing Razz

scott_hood_88
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 02:16 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Proper Bikers start when there 16 and work there way up through the various displacements Very Happy .

Proper bikers are people who ride bikes because they want to not because they have to wait another year for a car, or because they live in the city, I'd say a proper bike is anyone who actually goes out there gets there cbt and as soon as they can legally and finacially gets a full licence, it doesnt matter if they get DAS and jump on a gixxer thou as a pose machine because they'll never be able to ride it as good as someone whos gone through displacement (50, 125 , 400 , 600 750/1000) but to be honest anyone thats on 2 wheels gets a nod from me, were a group that have to put up with all aspects of riding.

Quote:
Gilera DNA50s are technically mopeds as they have 50cc engine. As it doesn't look like or handle anything like a scooter then I would not call it a scooter, ever.

I have an aprilia rs50 which is a geared 50 still gets catagorised as a moped

Pat172
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 09:12 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats because its a 50cc, if it was classed as anything else the little kids wouldnt be able to ride it ona provisional.

anybody who links a DNA 50 to a motorbike is very mis-led and will have a hard life if/when he chooses to move to bigger bikes.

i love 50cc's its the perfect way for people to start their scootering carrer, as ive said before i done my first CBT on my 16th birthday, my 2nd CBT on my 18th birthday and over a year later ive still got a twist and go, and im doing my A2 for my bandit.

i personally think RS50's mito 50s and the like are the most pathetic thing in the world, i personally dont like geared 125's but geared 50's is just next level dumbness!

but, if you like it, if you enjoy riding it and you think the DNA is a motorbike then fair play to you. we're all 1 big group it helps to get on!

scott_hood_88
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 09:21 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i personally think RS50's mito 50s and the like are the most pathetic thing in the world, i personally dont like geared 125's but geared 50's is just next level dumbness!

I dont agree with you on that one, while I admit geared 50's are a bit pointless having to change gear every 5mph (restricted), they are excellent practise for gears and clutch control, as for geared 125's they make up a huge segment of the bike market with just about every manufactuerer producing one, so theres a large enough market for them from comuting bikes like the bulletproof cg125 to sport bikes like the 97mph RS125

---NC23---
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:13 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can tell pat has never ridden a geared bike cant you, i owned a derbi gpr 50 when i was 16 (geared 50) and it was faster than any 50cc scooter, or cg125 and even a lot of 125cc scooters, i did my cbt on a scooter and ive used various scooters abroad and theyre the most boring things in the world, NNNEEEerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

scooter riders are not bikers because scooters arnt bikes, their scooters,

in my eyes a motorbike is a 2 wheeled vehicle with manual gears regardless of engine capacity not a sit up and beg rev and go.

all BIKERS get a nod from me, with or without l plates, if a scooter nods at me they might get one back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:30 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only got a DNA because I hate the look of scooters, and didn't want to have to learn gears and learn the roads at the same time. I did have a go on my mates Derbi Senda 50 after a couple of months and considered getting one.
I think its best if you start on a twist-an-go but get a geared bike as soon as you're ready to.
But just sticking with twist-an-go's is just plain silly. Also people who never do anything more than their CBT aren't much better. If you can't ride a bike then just don't. I'm doing my A1 test as soon as I can afford it. Already did my theory and got 35/35.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

---NC23---
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:01 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry m8 i went a bit off topic there, i meant to add, nice bike Wink

Pat172
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:13 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you can tell pat has never ridden a geared bike cant you,

obviously you dont know me

ive owned zxr 400, a few rs 125s a mito 50 and a mito 125, and now a bandit 600....

also countless automatics, SR50, runner 125, runner 172 and now ive built my own scooter

if you would like a race im more then happy to meet you down santa pod one weekend Laughing ill show you how pants scooters are

just because i have a big bike and a full bike licence dosnt mean im like you and automatically slag off scooters....

today ive been riding a CG125 around the chiltern hills and all the bikers gave me nods, when i ride my scoot i get a frown Crying or Very sad

its apitty un educated people like you lot, tar scooterists with 1 brush, fair enough there are alot of twats on 50cc twist n go's but if we didnt have scooters id sayd for sure 75% of todays biker population wouldnt be here, they wouldnt of started riding and would be in their cars

---NC23---
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:46 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok pat i take my previous statement back. sorry
may i ask wer did i say scooters were pants? and i am fully aware of how quick you can make your 172cc runner or whatever it is in a straight line, id much rather race you on a set of twisties, but if santa pod is your bag then so be it, i like things that require a little skill to ride, otherwise its just boring

im only 18 myself and have held a full licence for 5 months, owned a gpr50 then my cbr400 triarm, like i said i have ridden various scooters, including a 172 runner but i think there boring

Pat172
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:03 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

gota admit riding a stadnard 172 runner is boring, riding something with, i think it was 330bhp/tonne is fun Laughing

also where you live plays a part, i live in west/central london - ill let you read the forthcoming article that a friend of mine has written before the mags publish it! its suprising

today i was riding along, stuck in traffic on my Bandit and i realised how anoying it was to use a clutch and gears.

other times when im on a long road on the scoot i wish i had 4, 4 stroke cylinders and some gears to play with.... luckily i got both Laughing

Scooters are my hobby and im good wiht them, i wouldnt of built a sprint hybrid other wise, but i do get anoyed when people look down on them because their twist and go, just like if i was to look down on you because you only have 400cc and i can do the 1/4 mile faster Razz

each to their own

Section59
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:09 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

[sarcasm] I have been riding since i was 9/10 yrs old (Started off-road - THE best place for beginner's imo.)

In total i have ridden for about 10 year's on plenty of different bikes, so therefore im more of a propper biker then any of you lot.
[/sarcasm]

Just because i ride a DT-125 atm doesn't make me or anyone else any less of a biker then those on there big bikes.

Same goes for people on scooters - Just because they ride a scooter on the road, it doesnt mean they are not "propper bikers", they might have a nice CR-500 in the shed at home that get's caned every weekend for all you know.

IMO if you're riding something with two wheel's, you're a biker. When im riding on the road i give a little nod to every biker, give em a flash if i know there is a copper round the corner ect ect - im lucky to get a nod off any biker's round here, both scooter boy and power rangers.

Must be my L-Plate - They think im a noob because of a stupid little red L on my bike, when the truth is i have prolly ridden longer then most of them. Middle Finger Mr. Green Middle Finger

And back on-topic...

Nice RX mik! Thumbs Up

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus christ, mountain out of a mole hill Rolling Eyes

Nice bike Cool

sean1968
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:27 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: 2 wheels Reply with quote

A Bike is a bike is a bike. If it has two wheels and an engine its a bike. You really should get out more. I own a Aprilia SR-50 scooter which i bought cos the missus keeps robbing the car and i ended up getting the bus or walking to work. Just cos its a rev and go doesnt make you with your R1's any better than me. I can still cut through traffic and I still have motorcycle entitlement on my licence, which I need to ride it. So in my reckoning, that makes it a bike. Ask any bloke, Size is not important. We're all the same in the end.

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:56 - 19 Apr 2005    Post subject: Updated! Reply with quote

Finally got round to cleaning my bike on Sunday, but had to find batteries for the camera...

So took these minutes ago. Thought you might like the way that these were newer than the last one that the previous owner took.

Mik
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 1 day ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2