Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My GPZ750 Fighter Project

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

satans_BIG_helper
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:06 - 28 May 2005    Post subject: My GPZ750 Fighter Project Reply with quote

Well i got a GPZ 750 for a baragain price off ebay it aint run for 6 years n all that brakes are all knackered so is most the bike to be honest..

To date ive sorted the carbs out as they looked dreadfull, fitted progressive springs and bypassed the anti dive junk, Top yoke conversion and renthal replica bars, Changed the headlight, Modified the Dash board lights top suit the new top yoke etc.... Loads more still to do... excuse poor quality pics my phone doesnt like low level lighting Crying or Very sad

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Satans-Helper/468b20e4.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Satans-Helper/3f1cc493.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Satans-Helper/ba662d7f.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Satans-Helper/a7dc85a0.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Satans-Helper/840fe4fc.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Satans-Helper/picture00058.jpg

satans_BIG_helper
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:17 - 28 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

O yeh forgot the before pics

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Satans-Helper/DSCN0285.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Satans-Helper/DSCN0289.jpg

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 13:20 - 28 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good..

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

satans_BIG_helper
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:22 - 28 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the billet spacers ready for my discs now so i can start to put the TDM850 callipers on Very Happy just gotta work out how to do it without it looking too messy Rolling Eyes Will put up some better pics when i remember to take my camera to the shed Embarassed

phill.c
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:46 - 28 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

that front end looks ace Thumbs Up

satans_BIG_helper
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:58 - 28 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers much better than the orignal look i reckon Cool, im trying to source the wiseco810 cc kit and the performance engine parts for it (and a spare engine that i can do all the big bore stuff n that too), once i get the front brakes done and working the back end is next for some re modelling as it is fucking huge at the back... maybe a R1 rear end or summat i dunno yet tho Crying or Very sad , Then the real fun comes with the exhaust im thinking of making a twin hi level system but that will be last on my list wanna get the bike rideable first so i can play with the suspension settings

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 00:38 - 29 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

satans_BIG_helper wrote:
Cheers much better than the orignal look i reckon Cool, im trying to source the wiseco810 cc kit and the performance engine parts for it (and a spare engine that i can do all the big bore stuff n that too), once i get the front brakes done and working the back end is next for some re modelling as it is fucking huge at the back... maybe a R1 rear end or summat i dunno yet tho Crying or Very sad , Then the real fun comes with the exhaust im thinking of making a twin hi level system but that will be last on my list wanna get the bike rideable first so i can play with the suspension settings

Sounds expensive... I can just hear the 'cha ching' noises in your local dealer.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

satans_BIG_helper
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:47 - 29 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far to date its cost me £450 that includes buying and collecting the bike, the top yoke, the fork springs, headlight brackets, any fluids, the TDM calipers, the bilet spacers n the bars n fork seals... prolly a few things i forgot....o yer a battery Wink i reckon when im finished its gonna be about £1000, a friend of a friend has the fancy cams and possibly a wiseco engine kit i can have Cool (cheap)

i reckon it will be finished by the end of the summer if things go to plan but i doubt it LOL as i aint got a clue with the brakes as i have to make mounting brackets for the calipers nad im not too good at metal work Sad

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 12:00 - 29 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good SBH, it's taken some time to do though. Wink

The bike looks much better without the fairing and those new bars on it. Thumbs Up
HurtMePlease This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

satans_BIG_helper
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:52 - 29 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stew wrote:
Looking good SBH, it's taken some time to do though. Wink

The bike looks much better without the fairing and those new bars on it. Thumbs Up

Cheers m8, when its all done u can have a go if u like m8 but with u being so old n that u prolly wont like it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Them bars cost me £13 Cool DT125lc bars if any one wants some:wink: Some time this week ill get the calipers on and show them off aswell Cool

jayluvmito
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:04 - 29 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep the reare end and cghop the number plate plastics and shit off, led light in the tail peice, and mount the number plate on the back wheel. gives ya a super clean rear end, those gpz's have clasic lines. not thought of chaining the forks and wheels to newer 3 spokes?

Chr!S
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:12 - 29 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a R1 rear end race fairing and cut holes for the brake lights, and use some aluminium angle for the number plate bracket. Thumbs Up

Looking good.

satans_BIG_helper
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:56 - 29 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chr!S wrote:
Get a R1 rear end race fairing and cut holes for the brake lights, and use some aluminium angle for the number plate bracket. Thumbs Up

Looking good.

The R1 rear end was in my mind Cool As it would probably be the best looking one to go with the Twin pipes i want to fit... Just need to find some downpipes that go 2 into 1 and exit either side so i can start playing about with cans and such

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 29 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet bike man. Did you deliberately go for the green since your last bike was bright green? Looks very.....different! I like it.

I'd probably fit twin halogens to it myself if you were keeping it naked.

By the way, one huge lookin' garage!!! Surprised Thumbs Up

satans_BIG_helper
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:15 - 30 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
Sweet bike man. Did you deliberately go for the green since your last bike was bright green? Looks very.....different! I like it.

I'd probably fit twin halogens to it myself if you were keeping it naked.

By the way, one huge lookin' garage!!! Surprised Thumbs Up

I had twin spot lights on it but they didnt look right Sad, it was green when i got hold of it m8 i have a paint job planned but that will be the absolute last thing i do....

the garage isnt mine unfortunately Crying or Very sad its works but they dont use it so i get to take over it Cool it is probably the coldest garage i have ever worked in Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 338 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1