Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Aprilia RS 125 derestricting help, power valve!!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

steve8137
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:43 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Aprilia RS 125 derestricting help, power valve!!!! Reply with quote

Hey,

I have recently found that i have a power valve on my restricted Aprilia RS 125. However it didnt appear to be working as my rev range would stop at 8000. So i cleaned it out and i found my acceleration to be much better. However it did not increase the top end? How do i make my bike go faster top end as it currently can go about 80mph. Is it the exhaust?

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ash t
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

What does it rev up to??

What RPM is it at when you are doing your top speed??

ash

steve8137
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:49 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

well when i'm changing though the gears it will rev up to 11000, red line. But when i was doing my top speed i was at about 9000 maybe a little more, but it didnt feel like it could get much more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ash t
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:53 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm im unsure of whats going on there!

steve8137
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:56 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be the exhaust? I only have a standard exhaust. Although im thinking of getting a new one next week. Could you tell me which one you would go for, arrow? I have heard some people like jim lomas, what do you think? cheers

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:01 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its possible that the power valve cable thing might need adjusting. Think it tells you how to do this in the workshop manual. Other than that, I have no idea other than the blades movement is slightly restricted.

Its also possible that the exhaust on your bike is from another country. I know theres a country (not sure where exactly) where the RS125 are also restricted in the exhaust and need either chopping up to remove the internal restrictions or replacing with a full power expansion chamber.

Next time you have the fairing off, have a look at the expansion chamber and see what the engraved numbers are. I know my friends numbers on his restricted exhaust were totally different to any other english systems. Thumbs Up

Also, on the topic of exhausts. Arrow sound nice and make slight power improvements, but are quite expensive considering its only mild steel, will corrode and rust from the outside quite quickly in the typical english weather. You're paying for the arrow brand more than anything. The stainless steel Jim Lomas systems are much better, or even Jolly Moto but I'm not sure whether they come in anything other than mild steel.

Last edited by Keith on 17:03 - 12 Jun 2005; edited 1 time in total

steve8137
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:03 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i cleaned the power valve i didnt clean the blades as i couldnt disconnect it for some reason. Could it be anything to do with this?

ash t
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaning the PV means cleaning the blade!!

Its hard to get out...warm the engine up, let it cool enough so you can wiggle it out, and wiggle it out!!

Then get the MR.Muscle oven cleaner out and CLEAN!

Jobs a good'un!

steve8137
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:18 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok then. I just feel sorry for the rents when i try it again because after last time, when i couldnt get the blade out, no idea why, but i was fuming, lol. Oh well, all good fun! Cheers

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 20:05 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

If you have recently removed the blade then it should come out fairly easily now.

Clean the blade thoroughly. Make very sure that you put the blade in the right way up.

It does sound like you bike is a bit down on top end power. However that could be that the valve is not opening fully due to the build up of cack on it.

All the best

Keith

steve8137
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i didnt actually manage to get the blade out!! Any tips? lol

I don't believe it, just went for a quick cruise on the bike and got stopped by the fucking police for doing 70mph in a 40!! Fucking wankers, i hate them! Although i managed to suck up to them and stopped them giving me 5 points (3 for speeding and 2 for no L plates), so they just gave me a 'verbal warning', suggested i go home and off they went!!!

Chr!S
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:44 - 12 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve8137 wrote:
Well i didnt actually manage to get the blade out!! Any tips? lol

I don't believe it, just went for a quick cruise on the bike and got stopped by the fucking police for doing 70mph in a 40!! Fucking wankers, i hate them! Although i managed to suck up to them and stopped them giving me 5 points (3 for speeding and 2 for no L plates), so they just gave me a 'verbal warning', suggested i go home and off they went!!!

You sound like a muppet. Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 293 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1