Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How do i get Honda H100 to go faster ??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

disposibleher...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:31 - 15 Jul 2005    Post subject: How do i get Honda H100 to go faster ?? Reply with quote

hey everyone, just wondering if could make my honda h100 s motorcycle go a bit faster. How much would this cost what parts would i need. Reply with your advice.> thanks a lot

Ben Twisted Evil

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 01:06 - 16 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Not really much you can do. The H100 top speed is pretty much limited by the gearing. You go past peak power at about 50mph in top gear.

The front sprocket is about the biggest that will fit in place while the back is about the smallest that would fit.

You could maybe tune the engine a touch to get more power, but without playing with the gearing you are not going to gain any top speed and you might well loose initial acceleration. If you could get it to hit the red line (mine used to top out at just over 8000rpm in top) then you might gain 2~3mph.

All the best

Keith

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:16 - 17 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it on good authority from an aussie who races them that the thing to do is fit an MTX125 reed valve block.

Good luck finding one though, they are common as rocking horse poo.

That said, an H100 is pretty damned fast as it is. Mine will do 65mph with me on it (I am 17 stone). For a 98cc piston ported 2-stroke that is absolutley phenomenal.

There is all sorts of crap you could do to give it more power, but at the expense of reliability. Better left and appreciated for what it is, they are fantastic little bikes.

If you really want to go faster (as in from A to B faster rather than higher top speed), see if you can find a disc brake front end for it. It is amazing how much quicker you ride when you are confident that you can stop when you want to.

DM
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:39 - 17 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
For a 98cc piston ported 2-stroke that is absolutley phenomenal.

You mean in stock form Laughing?

There are also a lot of things you could do to make it faster without lowering its reliability at all:

1) Give your exhaust a good de-carbonizing with the 'ol caustic soda technique.

2) Take your cylinder off and give the exhaust port a good clean, maybe buff it with some metal polish.

3) Clean the carbon from the top of your piston and also give it a good buffing, sans polish. Also a good opportunity to check for piston and ring wear. You can generally tell if you need new rings if there are brown stains below the rings. Probably worth buying a new piston and set of rings if you see this, especially if the bike is second-hand.

If you've never done any of this before than together they'll make for a nice boost in horsepower, somewhere in the 1 hp range Very Happy. But you'll notice better response and crisper performance all around.

Now for another little boost, depending on your mechanical skill, you could also take a dremel to the various ports and give them a touching-up, just getting rid of casting flaws and misalignments between the sleeve and block.

Other than all of that, I really don't want to suggest anything more, since I don't know how your bike would react.

Stinkwheel, I don't think changing the reed valve block would make much of a difference without changing the carburator as well. And even then it might not be worth it without screwing with the porting. Most 100cc 2ts seem to be restricted mostly by the intake and exhaust port sizes and usually by quite a bit.

Last edited by DM on 20:26 - 17 Jul 2005; edited 1 time in total

knockout_bar
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:26 - 17 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a two stroke right? Is the down pipe derestricted? I say this because my 1978 KE175 has two restricter plates in the expansion chamber. I was quite suprised to find restricters on something bigger than a 50cc. That explains why it wont wheelie hehe, they're going as soon as I sort out a permanant home for the bike.

"egg flied lice" - R6jonny (inspired by McGee) Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:13 - 17 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.jorgetutor.com/greatbritain/inglaterra/se/cliffs/cliffs10.jpg

Thumbs Up Wink

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:51 - 18 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

No restrictors on an H100. The exhaust may look like a trifle silly but there is a proper double cone expansion chamber in there, the removable part of the baffle is the stinger. You could probably make a freer breathing stinger, but you would have to get the length bang on to get any benefit out of it.

I am lead to believe the reed block thing is due to the H100 one having two leaves and the MTX one having 4 leaves. Gives a slight reduction in the blowback through the carb which means more of the fuel that is drawn into the crankcase makes it as far as the combustion chamber.

I suppose you could use thinner/no head gasket too to increase the squish. Get this wrong and you will break the engine in a possibly terminal way though. I don't have figures for how much squish to leave. If you don't know what squish is and how to measure it, don't try.

disposibleher...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:51 - 18 Jul 2005    Post subject: Honda H100 Reply with quote

Cheers for all the help guys, i was wondering how about Sport Carbs, Sport pipes stc what about buying something for it ?

If someone could give ideas on where to find such things ?
How would these affect my bike ??

Thanks to all.

Ben

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:33 - 18 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Think Micron used to make a pipe for it. And you could probably play with other carbs to get one that would fit (if you are prepared to do a lot of fiddling round).

However, end of the day at 65mph you will hit the red line in top gear and short of paying for very expensive custom made gearbox internals there is nothing you can do to raise the gearing.

All the best

Keith

DM
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:40 - 18 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to grind part of the casing to allow a larger sprocket to fit? Very strange that the designers wouldn't allow for larger sprockets.

Maybe you should just sell the H100 and get an RXS. Boat loads more options and if you're crazy enough then you can have a seriously mental bike on your hands with some work. Standard fare around here to either bore one out to 115cc or buy a 135cc kit and tune from there. New rims, wider tires, better shocks and a welded reinforced frame makes for quite a speedy and capable ride.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:47 - 18 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The back sprocket is tiny and the front sprocket is fairly large unfortunatly.

I suspect (although never checked) that they have just used the MT5 gearbox, maybe with a different primary drive ratio and sprockets to do it on the cheap.

All the best

Keith
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 257 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1