Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Latest addition to the collection .. 'For the 2-strokers!'

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 16 Jul 2005    Post subject: Latest addition to the collection .. 'For the 2-strokers!' Reply with quote

Howdy all..

Just thought I'd post a few pictures of my latest vehicle: A 1994 RGV250R. The bike is totally standard, just been serviced and a genuine 14000 miles on the clock, previously owned by a two-stroke enthusiast with too many bikes in his garage.

Anyway, the pics..

https://predator.bikepics.com/pics/suzuki-rgv250-94-bikepics-392928.jpg

https://predator.bikepics.com/pics/suzuki-rgv250-94-bikepics-392929.jpg

https://predator.bikepics.com/pics/suzuki-rgv250-94-bikepics-392930.jpg

https://predator.bikepics.com/pics/suzuki-rgv250-94-bikepics-392931.jpg

(I would of got some pictures of the other side, but I couldnt get a decent one due to the sun.)

She's in excellent condition, I'd say immaculate but theres a few imperfections, either way, its not been dropped and I'm over the moon.

Its going to be my track bike, get a few track days done and I plan to start club racing next year for the new season. Going to be very expensive to run and maintain but I dont really care, its a fantastic machine!

One very happy Keith! .. Until it goes pop anyway. Laughing

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 19:56 - 16 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a Civic Type R in the background? Nice..

Lee_367
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:47 - 16 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, couldn't keep away from the 2 smokes eh? Laughing

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 20:52 - 16 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice money pit 250cc two-stroke Laughing

remeber to run it on TTS (or simular) and to warm the bike before riding.
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 16 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:
Nice money pit 250cc two-stroke Laughing

Laughing Yeah, they no doubt cost a lot to run, but its not like I'm using it for roads, thats what the bandit is for. Also, its running on Putoline TTX at the moment, so will probably keep using that stuff, saves all the hassle of bleeding the system for Motul 600 which I usually use in 2 smokes.

Lee, I've grown up with 2T's and find the power delivery of the bandit way too boring, figured I might as well go back to a smokey stroker and enjoy it, even though its going to cost a fortune to run and maintain. Razz

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:51 - 16 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one keith. Thank god you didn't get another rs125, eh!!! Wink

Smart buy, always wanted one, but can't afford it at the moment (well could but I like having a bit of change in my pocket)

Insurance? How much? Or are you not putting it on the road, full stop?

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 22:16 - 16 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Its going to be my track bike

its too good for a track bike, get a batted-up cheap tuned KR-1S or a RS250 trackbike for a few hundread quid of eBay. it would a real waste of a fine rare machine if you use that bike as a track bike.
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 16 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
Insurance? How much? Or are you not putting it on the road, full stop?

I had a quote for around £300 TPO, but it was an online thing, so would get cheaper over the phone. Its got an MOT but no tax so I'll probably insure it TPO and use it for light road riding.

I took it for a quick ride tonight (naughty me couldnt resist it!) That bike flies, but its certainly not an easy bike to ride, very little go before 8000 but then it moves! Got it to 100mph no problem, with loads left in it.

I know what you mean about tracking it, Tatters. After the ride this evening, I'm tempted to use it for a few track days then maybe sell straight after winter for something like a ZXR400, which will handle a bit more abuse during racing, that way theres no need to keep stopping to let the bike warm back up again. Laughing We'll have to wait and see though. I planned to get some race fairing, race pipework and rebuild the top end over winter, get it all tuned properly for the track, but it'll be a damn hard thing to race competitively and at an affordable budget. I've got it now and I'm pleased, but I dont think this is going to be race material with someone on such a low budget.

Mmmm, I smell of putoline and its lovely! Mr. Green

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:55 - 17 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Josh|RD125LC is green with envy!!!!*

Keith you lucky b*stard! What a lovely machine, and in the best colour too! Looks bloody great! And a reasonable price as well. Now all you have to do is ditch the Bandit! Don't take the RGV on track days please. As tatters said, it would be such a waste. Cheap KR1S's going cheap on ebay, and they're a tad faster than the RGV.

The only thing I can fault about the RGV is the powervalves it uses. I have the RG which is the baby brother, and that uses the same valves as the RGV, but only uses two, whereas the RGV uses four! Ouch. So you got to make sure they are checked for weaknessess, because they are prone to falling into your barrell! Best way to make sure that doesn't happen is to buy Dave Cooper Racing valves, which would cost you 580 quid (240 for me because I only need two). These are made so that theres no chance of any of the valves dropping. But as an added bonus, they are reported to give an increase in power, in the RG125's it was claimed a 5bhp increase. These valves are wickedly expensive, so just make sure you check yours!

Take care of it, and it may not cost you as much as you think!

(Josh looks at the RD350LC's). Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 17 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had big plans for this bike, but I'm probably going to get insured and tax it, use it for a month then sell it on for a 400 4T, something which wont sting me for reliability issues as I just want a bike to start racing with but without stupid costs. Dont matter though, I'm pleased with it for now but doubt it'll be in my possession for long. Mainly bought it as I was getting such a bargain, would be in profit if I decided to sell it, which I probably will once the v5 has come through in a few weeks time.

At least it smokes a lot, in true 2t stylee! Very Happy

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 17 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm sure you'll definitely make a profit on that. That'll give you plenty of money to buy a mint CBR400 NC29 in Repsol colours! Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 13:50 - 17 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've done no track days and you plan to start racing next season.... Eh?

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 17 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
You've done no track days and you plan to start racing next season.... Eh?

Good aint it! Laughing

I'm going to get a fair few done before winter around Croft, its the only place the NEMCRC run their meetings. I may not even race, but I'd really like to, whether it happens or not is another story, dont exactly earn the best of wages and racing isnt the cheapest of sports.

Will have to wait and see. Thumbs Up

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 16:15 - 17 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to find out if you're actually quick or not first, you can be the quickest person in you're group on the road but the track is a different place full of uber quick people.

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 17 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
You may want to find out if you're actually quick or not first, you can be the quickest person in you're group on the road but the track is a different place full of uber quick people.

Yeah, I tend to be one of the people that takes it easy on the roads and dont try to push it. How quick I am on track is another thing. Will just have to wait and see, looking to get a track day booked up for next month and will go from there. Thumbs Up

I know that racing is a very demanding sport and theres very little point racing unless you are going to be competitive.

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 17 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely bike. Does seem as if it'd be a bit of a shame to let what looks like such a tidy bike go down the track bike route.

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 17 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom wrote:
Lovely bike. Does seem as if it'd be a bit of a shame to let what looks like such a tidy bike go down the track bike route.

Yeah. As soon as I went to view it I thought "hmm, this bike is waaaay too nice to become a track toy" but I bought it regardless. Would easily get what I paid but I'd rather have someone put it to good use and keep it as it is.

Will probably sell it on in a few weeks time then go for something a bit more worthless and easier on the wallet, perhaps an older ZXR/CBR4.

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 20:28 - 17 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Thumbs Up

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 16:51 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it was only a matter of time before you bought a 250 smoker after the comments you gave my TZR.

If you did want to take up racing, you can get plenty of ratty TZRs on eBay and enter Yamaha Past Masters with BMCRC.

Cheapish.

Lovely bike, too good to race/become a track tool though.

Gaz

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:34 - 22 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:
I knew it was only a matter of time before you bought a 250 smoker after the comments you gave my TZR.

Laughing Yeah, I've been looking for a smokey stroker for a while and this popped up. Thought I'd treat myself. Smile

I've decided its too good for track so chances are, I'll either sell it on or get a top end rebuild done (to be on the safe side) and use it for fun weekend use. Havent decided yet, but I'm skint at the moment so nothing would get done this month. It just gets to sit there in the garage, looking all sad like it wants to be abused on some twisties. Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 294 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1