Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

H100s. Hi-beam tell-tale?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:28 - 01 Oct 2005    Post subject: H100s. Hi-beam tell-tale? Reply with quote

Just finished sorting out the wiring on my H100 ready for the MOT. It now has crimp-terminals everywhere there was PVC tape and a shiny new AR50 headlamp, which can't be any worse than the standard one and has those handy kawasaki quick-release bulb holders.

It now has a brake light switch on the front and I am less worried about it bursting into flame if I switch the lights on. One question though.

Maybe I'm just being dumb, but I can't find the high beam repeater light. I'm pretty sure it is an MOT requirement and there are connectors for one but where is it supposed to be? I can't see hide nor hair of one on the clocks.

Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:35 - 01 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not familiar with that bike so I haven't a clue where it should be. If all else fails stick a fruit gum in the headlmp ...

https://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/VWPweb2000/photos/wl12.jpg

Ichy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:47 - 01 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate can't really help but if you get really desperate couldn't you just fit a bulb holder somewhere for the MOT? Not even sure its a requirement? Just looked at https://www.ukmot.com/bike/1-2.asp and it doesn't mention telltales.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:57 - 01 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was more that if it isn't supposed to have one, then it is unlikely to be a requirement for the MOT. If it is supposed to have one, it would be nice to put it in the right place for sake of completeness.

Bezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 01 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one a few years ago as a commuter, could have sworn there was a high beam light in the instrument pod.....but... I've still got the Haynes for it, checked that and there is nothing for a High Beam light on either wiring diagram for the 100A or the 100S just the Neutral and Indicator lights.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:50 - 01 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's odd because there is a space for one in the wiring loom. Maybe the usual Japanese 'using the same loom for a lot of bikes making it unecessarily complex' design strategy.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:34 - 01 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

On the face of one of the clocks? I have a very vague feeling that there was an extra warning light on the H100S2 over the H100S.

All the best

Keith

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:51 - 02 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres headlamps you can get with a hole in the top (if you can actually see the shell) and this lights up blue when the main beam is on.. dont know if it would be possible to bodge a similar thing on an existing headlamp???

100% sure the blue mainbeam warning is a mot requirement... (unless you know mot stations that will overlook these things) or maybe a bike that old didn't have one, and as such wont need one... might be worth contacting the dvla?

Only other place i can think might know is the uk classic honda club, never really looked there much but... or even moped army (though its not a moped its worth a try)

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:04 - 02 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, well it is a fair point that it would have to be missing a wheel or something to fail its MOT at the place I am taking it. The guy is a small 2-stroke buff, any time you go there he has a pile of fizzies, GP100s and suchlike on the go.

I also spend a shitload of money on tyres with him (I'm in every six weeks for a tyre for something or other) so it would have to be actively dangerous for him to fail something. Plus he knows full well I will go into his carpark and bodge repair anything he fails it on then come back 1/2 hour later, so he usually just say something like "I've passed it, but you need new front wheel bearings." Hands over two new wheel bearings "£7.50 for those.".

Just I'm in amongst the wiring at the minute so now would be the time to fit it if I'm going to. What I'll do I think is put a couple of wires in there for one with nothing on the end of them and tape them to the appropriate bit of the loom. Then I won't have to re-enter the birds nest in the headlamp if it turns out I need one.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 03:22 - 02 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Quick check on Bikepics:-

https://www.bikepics.com/pictures/385125/

Big picture but it shows the high beam warning light on the rev counter. This this wasn't there on the earlier H100S I think.

Cannot see anything in the MOT test instructions for a bike about a high beam warning.

All the best

Keith

Bezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:48 - 02 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just depends what year bike it is then, up to 1984 at least there was no high beam light as it isn't included on the wiring diagrams.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 182 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1