Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Silverstone National - 12/13th November (?85)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dracan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:01 - 11 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do people normally do about insurance? Do you let your insurance company know you're doing a trackday?

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 15:11 - 11 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your insurance won't care about the trackday as you won't be covered by them. You can take out additional (expensive) insurance for the trackday. Most don't bother.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 15:31 - 11 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/bcfbinometer.jpg

The current odds of binnings are

White Noise 3/1
Wave2k 5/1
Yokogeri 7/1
Davo 7/1
Dracan 9/1
Silver 9/1

The Odds will be increased if you are on a new bike and or are very low on cash

Last edited by Wave2k on 18:15 - 11 Nov 2005; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dracan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:37 - 11 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:
or are very low on cash

That's me buggered then! Confused

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 17:50 - 11 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Silver's odds?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 11 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit!

Got to work this morning with the intention of booking (as I forgot yesterday! Doh! ). There were 14ish places left in Inters. Got dragged into three hours training, came out and they'd all gone! So, I'm in Novice and the reserve list to go up to Inters if someone drops out or if there's a cancellation! Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 18:46 - 11 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
Dammit!

Got to work this morning with the intention of booking (as I forgot yesterday! Doh! ). There were 14ish places left in Inters. Got dragged into three hours training, came out and they'd all gone! So, I'm in Novice and the reserve list to go up to Inters if someone drops out or if there's a cancellation! Rolling Eyes

oh bugger! i was hoping to follow someone more experienced! Shocked
WN

edit:

come off it i can better odds than that. but i do recon some will go down the queston is who
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 19:34 - 11 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be there, dont know if/which bike ill have with me. If poppy is working i will take her out for a spin. This is only if there is a space free for me on the morning.
J

Dracan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:33 - 11 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just realised - the first racing game that I did at my work had Silverstone as one of the tracks! I've just dug out the ps2 version so I can learn the track Wink

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:31 - 12 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracan wrote:
I've just realised - the first racing game that I did at my work had Silverstone as one of the tracks! I've just dug out the ps2 version so I can learn the track Wink

Have a look here, there's an onboard video. To be honest it's not that hard a track to learn:
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=39126

White Noise wrote:
oh bugger! i was hoping to follow someone more experienced! Shocked

edit:

come off it i can better odds than that. but i do recon some will go down the queston is who

What is there, five of us? I reckon there's a good chance... I just left a game of poker £20 up (and I normally lose!) what are the chances of my luck lasting all weekend??

jay12329 wrote:
I should be there, dont know if/which bike ill have with me. If poppy is working i will take her out for a spin. This is only if there is a space free for me on the morning.

You coming on track? At the moment only Novice and fast are left.

Yokogeri wrote:
Any one got either an Dainese or RST leather jacket they can lend me???

Have you booked and you have no leathers, or are you looking for better leathers? Confused

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 09:58 - 12 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:

jay12329 wrote:

You coming on track? At the moment only Novice and fast are left.

I dont know yet depends on a whole load of things happening. I'm picking a trailer up tonight, so thats the first of many in place.
J

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 12:49 - 13 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope your having a good day guys. Feeling realy shitty so havnt got out of bed.
J

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 20:29 - 13 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

no binning! Thumbs Up Laughing
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight

Dracan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:31 - 13 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not by us lot anyway! There were a few bins though. Was all in all a very good day! I really enjoyed my first trackday - and hopefully will be many more to come in the future! Thumbs Up

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 22:30 - 13 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that i have had some food and got a beer in my hand i can now be arsed to write a bit of the day.
rode there from silvers where i stayed the night, ended up passing a bike on the A so and so! loook over, leathers this time in the morning got to be on there way to silverstone Laughing
i disappear off but other still in my mirrors until i spot a nice empty dual. take the slip road off to silverstone and as its quiet i wait for the bike behind. start talking at the junction and then pull over. happens to be none other than Dracan, small world! Laughing
continue on our way and about a mile outside silverstone its starts raining! turns out to be a small shower but leaves the tarmac wet till miday. turn up sign in and prep the bikes.
yoko is started to get aquaited with his steed for the day and to be fair he didn't look too happy! Laughing went for a small ride round the paddock and got a bit of a OMG type smile on his face! Razz
i'm booked into inters and so is davo, until i get on my bike ready to leave the garage where i am informed davo had changed to novice! bugger so i'm the only one in inters! arse! you should have seem my face as all the bikes that turned up seemed to be track bikes!
get out on the first session and the track is wet and my concidence is shot after my off so i am tiptoeing round along with a few others. slowly over the next sessions and as the track drys out i get quicker but still not feeling 100%, my main problem being speed on straights, i seem not to want to get the power on and get to top speed asap as im not confident that i can stop the bike! Rolling Eyes the last session of the day and i go out only for someone to bin it at the pit exit! Shocked after the restart everything begins to come together and feel much happier but still have worries about getting the bike upto speed and stopping it. but as a general confidence boost today has been great especially as i didn't drop it! Laughing also come to the realisation that the main difference between a quick and a slow track rider is how aggressive they are with the throttle and braking. good day had by all but think that i will book in novice next time! Laughing
WN

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 13 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=66183 Thumbs Up

Dracan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:31 - 14 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dracan.co.uk/silverstone_131105.php

TELVIKING
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:56 - 14 Nov 2005    Post subject: Newbie says Hi! Reply with quote

Hi all, It was nice meeting fellow ZX7R owner White Noise and the rest of the Gang at Silverstone (i was the Grey old F***er with the Spanked arm).

I was Impressed by the fact that you all stayed on because the Track was a bit greasy!

I only live 8 miles away from Silverstone so I will probably see you all there again next year?

KEEP IT UPRIGHT

Tel.

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 15:06 - 14 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to met you tel Thumbs Up , would be good to catch up again on track!
WN

Dracan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:08 - 19 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=751969

Dracan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:34 - 26 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Was browsing through this thread ...

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=56939&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100

Check out the third post on the 3rd page! Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 158 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3