BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My Accident

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net
View previous topic : View next topic  

war4gamerz
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:01 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: My Accident Reply with quote

Yesterday (31-01-06 approx Midday) I was knocked off my bike. Luckily the driver hit my engine and not my leg!

I was on around about when this lovely lady driving a people carrier made by the lovely people at vauxhall noticed a gap on the round about and decided to shoot onto the round about, she may have noticed that there was a gap and no cars coming so she could get on her way quicker, but she failed to see me!

After picking my bike up (CG 125 BR) she asked if I was ok, so I said yea, just my foot is killing me from the bike landing on it. The three things that are said next are great! They are classics!

1 - It wasn't my fault I didn't see you! (Plenty of view of me coming, just wasn't bothered about me on the round about, just who was approaching it)

2 - It was six of one, and half a dozen of the other so it's half my fault and half yours! (Yep I can see the logic here, a woman is never totally in the wrong, I am a bloke, so it must be my fault. Who cares that I had the right of way and I was already on the round about, I'm a bloke it's my fault!)

3 - I stopped as soon as I saw you! (yea, after the f**king big bang and watching me shoot off side ways)

Then she got the hump when I told her I had to inform my insurance company that my bike was knackered! and reminded me that it was half my fault that she didn't see me!

My gears are wrecked, my bike won't start unless you apply loads of throttle then wont idle, my front brakes (Drum) skweel! and I just spent £250 on new tyres, tubes, chain and sprockets and drum shoes, just 4 days before, aint life great.

Just thought I'd mention the great things the woman driver said in her defence as my insurance company (Carol Nash & EXCELLENT!!!) and the solicitor along with the police thought they were great.

Safe riding to you all!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 20:10 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky mate, good luck with the claim - sounds like it will be a real pain in the arse with this dozy bint.

Got legal cover on your insurance? I found my insurance company absolutely useless in my claim, it was the appointed solicitor from my legal cover dealing with the damage leathers etc that has really done the digging and the hard work.

Any witnesses? Sounds like they might be crucial in this claim.

Good luck with it all Thumbs Up

war4gamerz
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:39 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legal cover all good. Carol Nash will be sending me out a hire bike as soon as her insurance comapny admit liability!

Everyone says that she is in the wrong 100% no questions, I had right of way, she should have looked better and noticed me!

I phone Carol Nash approx 1400 - 1500hrs on the day, next day my claim form is at my house, the appointed solicitor rang the next day (they want to to take pics of the round about, and the view she had, of the WHOLE round about!) so they are really good.

There was a witness, but with my bike in to middle of the round about I couldn't get his details, and neither of us had a pen and paper, the woman driver had that and gave me her details, well a name and number until I asked for the rest!

before I knew what damage there was I told her that I was going to take it and get it checked for damage, she didn't mind this and asked me to give her a call to let her know if the bike was okay, as she wanted to avoid the insurance company if possible, but then she added that she hoped it all didn't cost me to much! I told her it wouldn't cost me a penny, to which to got more pi**ed with me, lmao

It should all go in my favor! (fingers crossed)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bigedyant
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:28 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like you shouldn't have a problem. I just hope it doesn't drag out too long.

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny stuff?

wantser
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:47 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://members.optusnet.com.au/yeseron/Thread%20pics/wrongforum.jpg

war4gamerz
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:53 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeyC wrote:
funny stuff?

The accident is just one of those things, but what the woman said in her defence is funny (well it was to me)

garry
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: c nash Reply with quote

the legal peeps at carol nash are brill !!! if not a lil slow, but its not there fault , the whole legal system is like this, it took them 6 month to sort a non fault claim out for me ! good luck + keep pestering them ..............

war4gamerz
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:58 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the info on them.

I've just take a shed load of phot's to send to the solicitor!

So fingers crossed time

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:56 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your foot still hurting?

It can be pretty easy to break something and not really notice, I'd get to a Hospital/Doctor and get it checked, just on the off chance.

R4nger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, go to the hospital right now. It is really paramount as any medical and personal injury claims could be void if you don't.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

war4gamerz
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 08:46 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foot was fine after 4 days, starting a new job soon, so can do without the whole thing getting to big. But thanks 4 the advice!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 99 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1