Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Gear Problems, Suzuki Bandit

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

MonkReadusuk
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 08 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:43 - 18 Feb 2006    Post subject: Gear Problems, Suzuki Bandit Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have just got back on my Bandit after not using it over the winter, think its beeen about 3-4 months since i was last on it. All was ok, untill i tried to get it into 2nd gear. With the clutch fully in, all I can do is get it into neutral, even then, the foot lever is very hard to kick up and it won't budge into 2nd. Going down into 1st is easy as normal, but up is the problem. I have taken a look around the lever to see if there are any obvious problems, but nothing.

Anyone have an idea what it could be?

Many Thanks,
____________________
-Monk-
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:25 - 18 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the lever off, clean and regrease.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Guest
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:26 - 18 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
Take the lever off, clean and regrease.



Thumbs Up


This will solve 98% of Suzuki gearbox problems. The other 2% are wrong oil and slack chain Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkReadusuk
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 08 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:21 - 18 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
sickpup wrote:
Take the lever off, clean and regrease.



Thumbs Up


This will solve 98% of Suzuki gearbox problems. The other 2% are wrong oil and slack chain Wink


Does it use the same oil as the Engine, the bit that you use the eye glass at the bottom to check its level? Just incase, I may do that aswell!
____________________
-Monk-
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Guest
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:56 - 18 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, wet sump combined engine and gearbox. If you're going to drain the oil do it after a run so it's nice and hot and thin. Don't burn yourself on the pipes and be careful undoing the sump plug, the threads in the sump seem to be made of cheese these days and a heavy handed previous owner may have weakened them.

Personally I wouldn't use fully synth in a Bandit (actually I wouldn't use any form of synth oil but that's a whole other argument that's beaten to death every week on every bike forum Wink )
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:06 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

Personally I wouldn't use fully synth in a Bandit (actually I wouldn't use any form of synth oil but that's a whole other argument that's beaten to death every week on every bike forum Wink )


I would considering it's an oil cooled engine. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 162 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: peanuts (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 0.42 - MySQL Queries: 16 - CDN Objects: 34 - Page Size: 52.03 Kb