BCF: Bike Chat Forums

DRZ400

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

kat250
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: DRZ400 Reply with quote

Im basicly looking at buying one on suzukis finance option atm. I just want to know what the difference in models( i know thye sm and the trailie model) I have heard of some of the models having plastic tanks? That kinda thing. Im prob gonna get an sm model but want to buy the parts for trail riding too. Anyone care to offer some advice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:28 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had the 2 wheel version, but have the same engine in my quad and they are strong engines, very reliable.

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plastic tank version has less "road features" such as indicators (i think).

It also has a different carb, louder pipe and ignition. Might run hotter cam timings and higher compression.

Any decent motocross / trail bike shop should be able to tell you.

I wouldn't get the plastic tank version, as the gain you get is not worth the lack of comforts.

andy198712
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:19 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends what you want it for?

sm for road riding

S model for mainly road with some off road
and E for mainly off road, its much better then the S so choise wisely
i'd go with E but its up to u
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ohdannyboy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:36 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, i brought one in july last year as my first proper bike. i got the SM model and its great... as a first bike, i was craving more power after a few weeks, i think it puts out 34bhp standard and as i brought the 05 model i couldnt find any bling bits for it like exhausts, susp or brakes ect.

bottom line, id say that its good as a first step on the bike ladder but if you have got an itchy throttle hand like me then you will be wanting something with a bit more punch. Im getting a hornet 600 in july to aleviate the power predicament. Twisted Evil

anyway hope i helpd good luck in finding your bike Thumbs Up

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:48 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a road bike, trail style bikes are rarely that powerful feeling.
Especially factory supermotos usually.

However get it off road and you'll have plenty enough of go.

andy198712
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:55 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends where you use it too, dont use it on long striaghts and stuff get it in the twisties and back lanes then they're greaT!!!!

kat250
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Im wanting an sm more than anything(it seems to be a cheap reliable option) Im currently on an sv650. Im an aprentice motorcycle mechanic aswell (Was thinking of picking up the faster engine and bits and having two engines and tuning one up abit Twisted Evil . I am wanting to do abit of off road aswell but my main prioraty is a 10 mile comute of back road so no problem with straights. But keep coments coming people Thumbs Up Very Happy .
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 7 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1