Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Just for 125 riders :)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

J-Dan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:47 - 07 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i just got my self the derbi gpr 125 08 model not been on it yet but come wednesday as long as no snow Very Happy i will just wondering if anyone knows were to get cheap insurance and does it hurt 2 ride cuz i am looken 2 go 2 the south of france on it or maybe just london Laughing

Alexio
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 07 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try confused.com Thumbs Up

J-Dan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:26 - 07 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep got it to 1100 fully comp Thumbs Up better than a car sort of

Alexio
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 07 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's expensive for a 125! Well, I've never had fully comp to be fair. How old are you at that price?

J-Dan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:34 - 07 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

am i am just 17 and its a sort a new bike and just like one fall and its right off becuase fairings so expensive

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 07 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't go comprehensive.... get TPFT.

It's cheaper to fix your bike yourself anyway, and you don't lose no-claims.

Mine came to £270 TPFT when i was 17...

Dunc

I was MrDunkable in a previous life. Then questioned why I was the one being dunked...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

J-Dan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:24 - 07 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea but if i come off the road at it will be recked and a fairing for it is 250 becuase derbi not many spares

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:28 - 07 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't come off the road Laughing

It's seriously worth it in the long run... If you do come off the road and claim your insurance will double because of your age.

Just my advice, i say go tpft.

Try https://www.thebikeinsurer.com

Thats what i used, and you get free legal cover if you insure through using their site.

Free legal cover is useful if someone decides to not see you and write off your bike Thumbs Up

Dunc

I was MrDunkable in a previous life. Then questioned why I was the one being dunked...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ish765
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:26 - 08 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an RXS100. Pick in my profile.

What's the longest journey you've ever done? Wales and it was HELL. Got really cold (my fault) and ran out of petrol Crying or Very sad

It was like torture.

What do you like about your 125? It's great fun on the whole, just been out in the snow, no probs, It's cheap. looks OK runs ace.

If you could change anything what would it be? I would like it to fit me better. But that's because I crave to go long distances. I would love to say I don't need anything more but in truth i'm looking to get something heaver that has a fairing and can cruse at 60 without feeling like your always at top revs, just to stay up with traffic on A roads.

Adrian
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 04:30 - 09 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine. 2005 model. Could do with 10 mph extra top speed, and less vibration. Apart from that...love every inch of it! Very Happy I added a givi screen to it, some chrome trimming Very Happy, it's tail tidy, racing spark plug, and using the shell v power that turns it into a beast Smile)).

https://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2010%5C01%5C08%5Cbikepics-1872188-full.jpg

Alexio
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:47 - 09 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian wrote:
Here's mine. 2005 model. Could do with 10 mph extra top speed, and less vibration. Apart from that...love every inch of it! Very Happy I added a givi screen to it, some chrome trimming Very Happy, it's tail tidy, racing spark plug, and using the shell v power that turns it into a beast Smile)).

https://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2010%5C01%5C08%5Cbikepics-1872188-full.jpg

Beautiful! Thumbs Up I wish my red CG still looked that shiny!! I'll have to give mine a proper clean the next time I have the chance, once I manage to clear the snow off of it that is.

Adrian
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 07:48 - 09 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's a lot! I'd love to see your CG, post a pic... Very Happy

Alexio
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 09 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian wrote:
Thank's a lot! I'd love to see your CG, post a pic... Very Happy

Well seeming as you asked so nicely I shall drag my CG picture out once again! (all the way from my profile!!)

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/alsweetex/DSC00263.jpg

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:15 - 09 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the footpeg rubber? Laughing

Alexio
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:30 - 09 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunc wrote:
Where's the footpeg rubber? Laughing

Oh that got lost in a field. I tried replacing it with some old C90 ones and they didn't fit so I ended up ordering proper ones. Saying that I've just dropped the CG out on the snow twice, I should check if everything is ok, I didn't even bother to think about it. I just keep on riding, no weathers going to stop me! Thumbs Up

27cows
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 09 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:

Well seeming as you asked so nicely I shall drag my CG picture out once again! (all the way from my profile!!)

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/alsweetex/DSC00263.jpg

I hope you've adjusted your chain Laughing

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 09 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

27cows wrote:

I hope you've adjusted your chain Laughing

Confused Chain looks fine to me, especially if it's at the slackest point.

Having said that I once had to lob my chain back on at the side of the road, like you did to your pushbike when you were ten, before I accepted I required a new one. Laughing

Adrian
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:18 - 09 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice bike Alexio, could do with some ACF-50 and cleaning Wink Consider adding a screen, it changes the bike completely, honestly! Smile

27cows
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 09 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muzza wrote:

Having said that I once had to lob my chain back on at the side of the road, like you did to your pushbike when you were ten, before I accepted I required a new one. Laughing

That would be fine...if it was a trailie with a foot of suspension travel Laughing

Alexio
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 09 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

27cows wrote:
Muzza wrote:

That would be fine...if it was a trailie with a foot of suspension travel Laughing

That was a couple of weeks after I got a new chain for the first time (after about 15k miles) so it was constantly needing adjusting at that point. Thanks though, and I really should invest in a screen and some ACF-50 - especially after using it all this winter.

27cows
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 09 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:

That was a couple of weeks after I got a new chain for the first time (after about 15k miles) so it was constantly needing adjusting at that point. Thanks though, and I really should invest in a screen and some ACF-50 - especially after using it all this winter.

Nah, it'll be fine. The newer ones are of vastly superior build quality to the old ones. The first one I had rusted quicker than I could polish it. The second one I only had for a couple of months during the summer of 1998, so it didn't get a chance to decay more than it already had Laughing

misterdave
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:23 - 10 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting my new and first bike thursday, so my first and longest journey will be ... 93!! miles somerset to plymouth.
let's hope for good / reasonable english winter weather Very Happy

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 11 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week I put my £100 deposit down on an 07 xt125x with 700 miles on the clock. I haven't been able to test ride it yet, but if I dont like that one they have a dt125 too.

My insurance company said they wouldn't insure it TPFT or fully comp, then I got quoted £560 through Bennetts. I checked one of those comparison website and got quoted £260 fully comp through the AA. I wonder which one I will go for....?

Im dead excited Mr. Green

davart
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:26 - 11 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the longest journey you've ever done?

South Yorkshire to Skegness - approximately 200 miles round trip. Was lovely and sunny going there and torrential rain on the way back. Was nice and warm once the water in my boots reached body temperature! Got a few nods and waves along the way, which was cool.

What do you like about your 125?

Simplicity. Old-school mechanics that can be sorted yourself. The economy is a plus too with ever increasing fuel prices. I like the retro-look of the bike - the 70s styling.

If you could change anything what would it be?

It has a full chain case which sometimes catches. Caused me to have to stop my module one test but the nice red-head lady examiner put it down to the weather Wink If Carling did test centres...

J-Dan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:56 - 14 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi wonder if anyone coud tell me the problem i was acceratating along the duel got to about 60 mph then i nothchied speed started to drop so changed down gear to pick speed back up but when doing that i jumped forward so i came to stop on duel and it woundnt move in N then changed to frist reved and i was away anyone know the problem or not its a derbi gpr 125
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 133 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7