Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Why I am saying Goodbye to BCF before a proper Hello

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Random Banter by G (24 Mar 2014 - 20:39)
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:51 - 26 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

angryjonny wrote:
I heard people die during childbirth.

I nearly did.
Note to self: must try harder.

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:53 - 26 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP is a girl? Shocked

Funniest thread this week.

Apart from the mumsnet one.
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 26 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I thought a Cervix was a species of Tyranid?

https://www.willenbooks.co.uk/images/500112.2.jpg

Knew you were a warhammer 40k nerd, by the way orks are better...

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 22:08 - 26 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running home to tell mummy, takes on a whole new perspective!!! Laughing

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 26 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffytheReasonableFeminist wrote:
I bet the chaps on these fora aren't expected to take such a level of banter. No doubt there are jokes and humour, but there'd soon be uproar if anyone actually offered them anywhere near the level of insult they routinely dish out to women.

Shall we try it, maybe pop over there and quote some Dworkin? Imply that they might have homosexual inclination?

Challenge accepted? I'm fairly certain mumsy wumsy net won't come close to some of the stuff I've seen on these forums Embarassed

All we need now is Krad Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 26 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*
I miss Kradmelder's epic meat.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:37 - 26 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

That amused because yes the blokes DO take such banter and much worse than the OP received.

Which is often the issue in such situations - blokes do play nicely around women for various reasons - and so women have no concept of how they actually act when on their own.

Also amusing they need to keep going on about misogyny when it seems it's actually just their misandry Smile.

hellkat wrote:
The thing is that they appear to consider themselves extremely right-on and in tune with all forms of modern female thinking.

Sadly true for so many of their ilk that push for 'rights', trying to claim any of those they are trying to 'protect' are obviously even-more-so victims suffering from Stockholm-a-like stuff.

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 26 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Self-righteous, joyless and reactionary. Are the "mums" on there typical? Seriously, if we have kids is my wife going to turn into one of these things? Do not want.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:11 - 26 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why I am saying Goodbye to BCF before a proper Hello

Is this a suicide thread? Confused

Legally, I can not say do it, but in a way... What's the point of asking us?

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 26 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr jamez wrote:
BuffytheReasonableFeminist wrote:
I bet the chaps on these fora aren't expected to take such a level of banter. No doubt there are jokes and humour, but there'd soon be uproar if anyone actually offered them anywhere near the level of insult they routinely dish out to women.

Shall we try it, maybe pop over there and quote some Dworkin? Imply that they might have homosexual inclination?

Pass the popcorn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Spudly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:37 - 26 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
*sigh*
I miss Kradmelder's epic meat.

I would have donated body parts for the chance to see Kradmelder go into that thread on mumsnet.

"You women are sitting around here chattering like a group of half grown baboons. Be quiet, white men are talking. Why are you here?"

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 26 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wouldn't have got the chance.

I have been on there sporadically today to try and argue the case that you can't judge either a forum OR a bunch of hobbyists based on the random rants of one person who is held in nearly as much (low) esteem by the people on here as the ones over there.

I've been nice, I've been (hopefully) lucid, I haven't insulted anyone or resorted to name-calling. I haven't been banned from the site as far as I can tell, I can still post elsewhere on it with no problems, but I can no longer post in that particular thread.

I find this response a bit Confused - how can there be a reasoned debate on the subject if anyone with an alternative opinion is not allowed to express it? Rolling Eyes

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:55 - 26 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

angryjonny wrote:
Self-righteous, joyless and reactionary. Are the "mums" on there typical?

You have to worry that these woman are breeding the children who will be running our rest homes at some point in the future Rolling Eyes

Benno
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:04 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

swampy wrote:
Can someone who has registered at the old Mumsnet remind the frothing feminists that Benno (who seems to be the target of most of their ire) is an Aspergic court jester. They are therefore being somewhat disabisist (as cited in their posting guidelines) in failing to allow him to express himself despite the problems he has with social interaction.

This has been mentioned I think in the dating thread that one particularly Millie Tant poster seems to be quoting quite often, and is therefore in the public domain.

I'd do it myself, but I honestly think I would wither and die like Dracula in the sunlight if I registered there..

https://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1375/29/1375299642573.jpg

Also, Hellkat you are a fucking legend.

The fact they deleted your post says everything one needs to know about mumsnet.
The fact that Prime Ministers have had "interviews" with mumsnet also says a lot about the way this country is governed. This is a genuine matter of concern to me, it worries me a lot.

Let me draw attention to this post on mumsnet:
Quote:
You're not being too easily offended but this is not specific to biker culture: this is just male culture. This is rape culture. This is misogyny. This is, sad to say, normal.

Wow. Just wow. Refer to the picture I posted above.

(I also love the fact that a "Mrs Hippy" has downrated my abusive post, I couldn't make this shit up if I tried Laughing )

On the subject of social interaction I was offered a job on the spot today after wow-ing a board of directors in interviews. I'd like to see someone with women's studies degree walk into a job in which you can earn 72k in your first year Middle Finger

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:15 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

yambabe wrote:
but I can no longer post in that particular thread.

I find this response a bit Confused - how can there be a reasoned debate on the subject if anyone with an alternative opinion is not allowed to express it? Rolling Eyes

Well that's interesting. I managed to get back on there after clearing my cache and have been following the thread. I re-registered as a new name but am still not able to post on that thread (although I can on another thread, I tested my new name on a more innocuous thread elsewhere) ... and I thought it was just me that they have banned. Interesting to see that you (who have been fairly reasonable) are also finding it impossible to post. So they must definitely be banning us by IP.

One of my associates (the not-very-esteemed, not even with her postgrad diploma in Wimmens Studies, going by the title of "unlinked student") reckons if you reset your modem box that you will get a new IP address.

But to be quite frank ... I simply can't be bothered enough to do so. They have (in the manner of many women) not aware when to stop, and have ventured too far beyond reasonable judgment in their deletion of posts and now only sound ridiculous as there is no way of telling what they are reacting against. I can understand them deleting nobcat, although I was a tad annoyed that nobcat lasted longer than me *sulk*

But they are now just making forays over here to see if we are talking about them (Its better to be talked about than not talked about, ladies) ... and mostly simply self-congratulating on "winning" the argument (I don't recall providing an argument) - and on telling newcomers to the thread what was going on, before it was all deleted, in a particularly tiresome form of Chinese Whispers*. And being denigrating of the educational standards of their "opponents", e.g., making particularly snakey remarks about Dragonfly's posts.

Personally I find deletion the lowest and most senseless form of censorship. At least on BCF the posts are usually just removed to FFW or hidden in a sort of cyber paper-fold that you have to lift up to see what is written there.

Deleting is simply a method of summarily removing someone's ability to defend themselves. I bet they wouldnt be so eager to remove such capability for defence if it was a woman with her hands tied behind her back being beaten with a stick.

*Which - just in case anybody wasn't aware what Chinese Whispers is - is a childrens party game.

Benno
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:22 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
yambabe wrote:
but I can no longer post in that particular thread.

Well that's interesting. I managed to get back on there after clearing my cache and have been following the thread. I re-registered as a new name but am still not able to post on that thread (although I can on another thread, I tested my new name on a more innocuous thread elsewhere) ... and I thought it was just me that they have banned. Interesting to see that you (who have been fairly reasonable) are also finding it impossible to post. So they must definitely be banning us by IP.

One of my associates (the not-very-esteemed, not even with her postgrad diploma in Wimmens Studies, going by the title of "unlinked student") reckons if you reset your modem box that you will get a new IP address.

But to be quite frank ... I simply can't be bothered enough to do so. They have (in the manner of many women) not aware when to stop, and have ventured too far beyond reasonable judgment in their deletion of posts and now only sound ridiculous as there is no way of telling what they are reacting against. I can understand them deleting nobcat, although I was a tad annoyed that nobcat lasted longer than me *sulk*

But they are now just making forays over here to see if we are talking about them (Its better to be talked about than not talked about, ladies) ... and mostly simply self-congratulating on "winning" the argument (I don't recall providing an argument) - and on telling newcomers to the thread what was going on, before it was all deleted, in a particularly tiresome form of Chinese Whispers*. And being denigrating of the educational standards of their "opponents", e.g., making particularly snakey remarks about Dragonfly's posts.

Personally I find deletion the lowest and most senseless form of censorship. At least on BCF the posts are usually just removed to FFW or hidden in a sort of cyber paper-fold that you have to lift up to see what is written there.

Deleting is simply a method of summarily removing someone's ability to defend themselves. I bet they wouldnt be so eager to remove such capability for defence if it was a woman with her hands tied behind her back being beaten with a stick.

*Which - just in case anybody wasn't aware what Chinese Whispers is - is a childrens party game.

There was an argument? All I know is I posted a silly reply and she ran off crying instead of being mature (being hypocritical does not automatically make me wrong) and just ignoring the troll and continuing.
I've been humiliated (and physically threatened) to the point that thin skinned pansy fairies like her would claim to have PTSD and need life long fucking therapy and I'm not hanging by a rope yet, in fact I'm still going strong. This is why I have no fucking sympathy for people with such thin skin. Life goes the fuck on. Living on a hair trigger of emotional break down is no way to live. Rolling Eyes

Just noticed this post as well (on mumsnet)

Quote:
Sensitive isn't synonymous with willing to accept gender based insult.

Someone tell me, did I actually make a gender based insult? Or was I just generally insulting? I confess the intent was to convey a generalist insult, but I don't know where she extrapolated the gender-based malice from.

Benno
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:31 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear god this gets better and better. She tries to analyse every line from my abusive post, and concludes with

Quote:
An insult is insulting because of the underlying social construct it draws upon. Not because of the beliefs of the individual offering the insult.

Feminists: over analysing and misinterpreting, and dismissing reason and rationality with rhetoric since...fuck, who knows when? Laughing

I'm heading over to make an account now, this is going to be great Twisted Evil

Quote:
The dating one is the one I read. They saw those women as pieces of meat at a market. And even if they met their standards of slim and conventionally attractive (and of course this is an objective thing, everyone except the poster was socially conditioned) they didn't like them. They just wanted to trick pretty girls into having sex with them.

Thanks for reading my mind...that's a pretty offensive thing to say to be honest. If I said a similar thing about women it would be misogyny, but to make generalisations about men is just fine. By the way, it is utterly objective whether someone is morbidly obese or not.

Hey fatties, I know you're reading this thread. I've just been offered a job that pays more money than yours (go ahead and put in the effort of proving me wrong, it will be a worthy use of your ATP) and I have a hot girlfriend as of fairly recently. I'm better than you, deal with it. By all means extrapolate whatever crazy theories you want to from this spiel.

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:53 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Anyway, this is getting repetitive. To lighten the mood, here's my cat"
Ste, you kill me mate!

Dave500
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:05 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilDawson8270 wrote:
Dave500 wrote:
I used mumsnet the other week when I got chicken pox
Please don't hate me Crying or Very sad

Go die in a fire
Bit harsh, but I sure felt like it.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:33 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mumsnet people, have any of you got the balls to post here?

Spudly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:54 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

yambabe wrote:
He wouldn't have got the chance.

I have been on there sporadically today to try and argue the case that you can't judge either a forum OR a bunch of hobbyists based on the random rants of one person who is held in nearly as much (low) esteem by the people on here as the ones over there.

I've been nice, I've been (hopefully) lucid, I haven't insulted anyone or resorted to name-calling. I haven't been banned from the site as far as I can tell, I can still post elsewhere on it with no problems, but I can no longer post in that particular thread.

These are the people speaking on behalf of your gender sadly yambabe. Presumptuous, ignorant, intolerant and self absorbed. Everything they are accusing us of, interestingly.

It's turned into whatever the female equivalent of a circle-jerk is. Banjo-strumming party maybe?

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:18 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spudly wrote:
Banjo-strumming party maybe?

So much rubbing, they would eventually catch fire.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:26 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do mean this without a single shred of irony.

Mumsnet seem to mention the word misogyny a lot.

Quote:
Misogyny /mɪˈsɒdʒɪni/ is the hatred or dislike of women or girls.

On a forum that blatantly trashes men and talks about them like they are scum.....

No irony at all, honest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jackw72
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:23 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are in a male-dominated environment, eventually the discussion will turn to sex, women, football, guns, science or something in between and around those - and the toilet seat will remain up (not in my house but generally).

If you are in a female-dominated environment, eventually the discussion will turn to ___insert what women talk about___ - and the toilet seat will stay down.

This is common, natural and should be expected if you have a grip on reality; evidently the Mumsnet inhabitants are so stuck on being victimised that they are living in a previous period of our history.

Everyone experiences discrimination of some kind; it is inevitable and if you fear or are affected by something that is inevitable you probably aren't living.

This is why you cannot go around making blanket statements about a forum, gender, country, culture or people. Although, we do through human instinct make snap judgements, we are advanced enough now to appreciate that if we want people to not judge us, we must pay them the same respect.

In my short time on this planet I have met many people, more specifically women, many of them inspiring and beautiful.

The problem is you get ladies like Mumsnet inhabitants who have the unbelievable and insatiable urge (with an quasi-undeniable right) to twist words and meanings to suit their pathetic attempt at uniting probably to make up for something they are missing from life.

The most bemusing thing is essentially they are acting just like the female equivalent of BCF with female chauvinism instead of male. Making for an embarrassing excess amount of ethnocentrism and xenophobia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Benno
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:18 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackw72 wrote:
The most bemusing thing is essentially they are acting just like the female equivalent of BCF with female chauvinism instead of male. Making for an embarrassing excess amount of ethnocentrism and xenophobia.

I have to disagree with you there, BCF isn't chauvinistic or excessively misogynistic. That's just a few troll posts (including myself). Further to that I'd hope that we can all identify a rational argument when we see one rather than call it a "misogynist rant".
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 59 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12