Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Just for 125 riders :)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

LewisD
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:45 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl_steveo wrote:
Lewis that is awesome. Where do i get me a one of them.

https://www.workshopchops.co.uk/index.html

Gaz & Mick from Workshop Chops will sort you out Smile
They are the best UK dealer (Tell them Lewis sent you Wink )

The whole bike cost me £2200.
And that's including Construction, MSVA test, DVLA registration and Tax Smile

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one. But can you explain the gear thing. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LewisD
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 05:54 - 21 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's a semi-automatic. There is no manual clutch.

You just roll off the throttle and bang it into gear, then get back on the throttle again.

On the suicide shift, you push it forwards to change down, and pull it back to change up.
Or if you don't want to let go of the handlebars you can change gear on the toe as normal (though it's in GP configuration, toe down to change up, toe up to change down).

It'll idle in any gear, and is a bastard to get into neutral Smile

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:22 - 21 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to say Lewis mate, that is one hell of a 125, sounds beasty and it's good to have such a positive attitude, be proud Mr. Green

That's wicked how you've put it together, nice stuff mate Thumbs Up

Keep the posts coming guys, i'm sure there's other 125 riders out there Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:23 - 21 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

That gearing is mad I don't think I could ever use it. But the bike does indeed sound awesomely beasty.

MikeCBR125
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:55 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more of a sporty bike guy. Love the CBR range and I'll actually make love to a Suzuki GSX 1300R Mr. Green

I ride a Honda CBR125 RW7, love it.
- Fast enough (can push it to 80 on a long down hill stretch)
- Comfy
- Looks good (IMO Very Happy )

https://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af159/Redoko1992/P7150037.jpg

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:07 - 24 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will just photo whore Thumbs Up

https://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o177/CRMCC/dragonfly/048copy2hdrre.jpg
https://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o177/CRMCC/dragonfly/IMG_3815.jpg

BenR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 24 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh more photo whoring. Laughing

Don't mind if I do. Thumbs Up

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g308/bennyboy73/IMGP1349.jpg

It's not finished yet "but one day soon & for the rest of it's life". Wink

Mord
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:50 - 24 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenR wrote:

Is that really 125cc? Shocked Nice Thumbs Up

BenR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 24 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep (really 124cc). Thumbs Up

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:06 - 30 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mordoklej wrote:
BenR wrote:

Is that really 125cc? Shocked Nice Thumbs Up

Haven't been on in absolutely ages Shocked

But had to bring up the old topic again Wink

I have to say, that RG125 does look a lot bigger than a 125, if it wasn't for the little 2T exhaust, then it could easily be mistaken as a 400 Thumbs Up

I've noticed many 125 posts since i've been away, so if anyone wishes to share pictures, stories or anything about their 125, then go for it Razz Thumbs Up

deltron
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:33 - 30 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I bought myself a nice little nsr 125 a few weeks ago,have not been that far on it yet as it's a tad slow seeing as it's still restricted but i'm looking to change that soon.
It's alot more comfortable than I thought it would be but then again the longest journey i have done was only 75miles.
It looks great and the smell reminds me of being 16 again and riding my ts50x back in the early nineties:)

Alasdair Murison
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:39 - 01 Dec 2009    Post subject: Re: Just for 125 riders :) Reply with quote

What's the longest journey you've ever done?

About 800 miles over three days touring Scotland. most in one day was 280miles iirc

What do you like about your 125?

Everything: handeling, looks, sound...etc etc

If you could change anything what would it be?

No cost limit? All round Brembos, Ohlins shock and forks, seat cowl, maybe a tad more squirt.

https://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2009/09/01/bikepics-1770379-full.jpg

fiveus
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:31 - 02 Dec 2009    Post subject: honda valadero 125 Reply with quote

2003 honda valadero 125

up to now wales to newquay cornwall about 266 miles.

I love how reliable it is and the fuel economy is pretty good 75 miles to the gallon.The size of the bike also suits me im 5ft 9"Plus can also do a bit of off roading on it as well

the only thing i would like on it would be a bit more adjustability on the forks.and a bit more power for the hills[/img]

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:03 - 02 Dec 2009    Post subject: Re: Just for 125 riders :) Reply with quote

Alasdair Murison wrote:

About 800 miles over three days touring Scotland. most in one day was 280miles iirc

No cost limit? All round Brembos, Ohlins shock and forks, seat cowl, maybe a tad more squirt.

Wow mate, an 800 mile tour on an RS, that's awesome! I'm not that overkeen on 2 strokes, despite being way better speed wise compared to 4 strokes. I have to say, that is one lovely looking 125, i like the new model RS's, they look really sharp Thumbs Up

I bet it cost a bomb in fuel, and did you ever break down or have any problems? If not, then that is superb for a 2T 125, and especially an RS, because they are known for being unreliable.

Great stuff though man, if you got any pics of the tour, then upload them on here! Love to see 'em! Thumbs Up

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:12 - 02 Dec 2009    Post subject: Re: honda valadero 125 Reply with quote

fiveus wrote:
2003 honda valadero 125

up to now wales to newquay cornwall about 266 miles.

I love how reliable it is and the fuel economy is pretty good 75 miles to the gallon.The size of the bike also suits me im 5ft 9"Plus can also do a bit of off roading on it as well

the only thing i would like on it would be a bit more adjustability on the forks.and a bit more power for the hills[/img]

I love the Varadero mate, it's such an awesome bike, read all about it in the January issue of RiDE magazine, it's a great 125. I was thinking of getting one before i stumbled across the bike i have now, if it wasn't for the price, then i would of got it, but even secondhand they are a fair bit Rolling Eyes

I once parked up next to a Varadero 125 without an L plate, i honestly thought it was a 400 or something, was really big and beasty. I love sports touring bikes, them and crossers are my favourite of all motorbikes, even though there are some very sexy sports bikes out there...

Anyway, there must be loads of 125 riders out there, be great to see your answers to the questions, and like many others, post some pics! Thumbs Up

Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated Very Happy

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:38 - 02 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Honda XL125...now sat in my uncles shed. What a waste of a fun little bike.
Longest journey was probably about 200miles, not to buzzy for a single and had a comfy seat. 6 speed box meant abit more toe-action. Rear Pro-Link suspension was good. Drum brakes were adequate.
Wouldn't change anything. It kicked over easily. Returned good MPG. Tank wasn't too piddly. Handled greenlaning and carriageways fine, was abit light at the front end (Showa) but predictable.
https://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/howlingterror_2006/XL125.jpg
I'd have it back in a flash.

Pat
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fiveus
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:25 - 04 Dec 2009    Post subject: Re: Just for 125 riders :) Reply with quote

milkster125 wrote:
Alasdair Murison wrote:

Wow mate, an 800 mile tour on an RS, that's awesome! I'm not that overkeen on 2 strokes, despite being way better speed wise compared to 4 strokes. I have to say, that is one lovely looking 125, i like the new model RS's, they look really sharp Thumbs Up

I bet it cost a bomb in fuel, and did you ever break down or have any problems? If not, then that is superb for a 2T 125, and especially an RS, because they are known for being unreliable.

Great stuff though man, if you got any pics of the tour, then upload them on here! Love to see 'em! Thumbs Up

love that bike Very Happy Very Happy

ManxieG
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:23 - 04 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this will work Laughing

I haven't actually ridden it yet as its been a project so Ill let you know in a few weeks what its like. Laughing Laughing

https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/nuttymanxmare/December2009545.jpg

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 05 Dec 2009    Post subject: Re: Just for 125 riders :) Reply with quote

I had a 1996 CG125 BrS/T

milkster125 wrote:

Couple of hundred miles, going down to Oxford, although the return journey was a bit of a fail due to an off I had down there. However the bike made it back under its own power.

Yearly average mileage was 20k.

milkster125 wrote:

The way it gave me huge balls when I rode it, its in town performance and it was cheap cheap cheap.

milkster125 wrote:

Make it less of a target for chavs to nick and burn out.

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p157/Kal_hybrid/Bike/cg125/000_0063.jpg
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p157/Kal_hybrid/Bike/cg125/000_0059.jpg

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S

Alasdair Murison
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:58 - 07 Dec 2009    Post subject: Re: Just for 125 riders :) Reply with quote

milkster125 wrote:

ye i do have a shit load of pics from it, with my mate on his SV650s aswell, i'll have a look later on and try and get some up in this topic.

cheers for the compliments Very Happy

when i got it new, it averaged 53mpg for the first 5000 miles, then after fitting the full arrow system and larger carb, that soon dropped to 36mpg over the next 1000 miles..... woopsie.... but sooooo worth it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwj_bCDHZFA

0-60 dropped from about 8-9 seconds to 5.5 Very Happy

had one top end rebuild done, but that's expected, elsewise no problems at all Very Happy

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:29 - 08 Dec 2009    Post subject: Re: Just for 125 riders :) Reply with quote

Alasdair Murison wrote:
milkster125 wrote:

ye i do have a shit load of pics from it, with my mate on his SV650s aswell, i'll have a look later on and try and get some up in this topic.

cheers for the compliments Very Happy

when i got it new, it averaged 53mpg for the first 5000 miles, then after fitting the full arrow system and larger carb, that soon dropped to 36mpg over the next 1000 miles..... woopsie.... but sooooo worth it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwj_bCDHZFA

0-60 dropped from about 8-9 seconds to 5.5 Very Happy

had one top end rebuild done, but that's expected, elsewise no problems at all Very Happy

checked out the video buddy, awesome speed mate! I can't believe some of the comments on there Laughing

I remember going on the back of my mates RS125, and it was in shit condition, he had a hole in the air filter which apparently provided him with "more speed" and there were holes drilled here and there for other modificatons, it was stupid lol.

However, we hit 117mph with me on the back, and i'm not joking, i thought the bike was gonna blow up! Nice bikes, but i just don't like the sound of 2 strokes, can't grumble really, getting 33bhp out of a 125 is pretty amazing.

That's the one downside to modifications, it does put your fuel consumption up, which is a pity really. My bike is all standard, i guess getting more power out of it with some mods would be good, but i'd rather wait and spend the money on real modifications for a big bike Very Happy

Alasdair Murison
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 08 Dec 2009    Post subject: Re: Just for 125 riders :) Reply with quote

milkster125 wrote:

checked out the video buddy, awesome speed mate! I can't believe some of the comments on there Laughing

I remember going on the back of my mates RS125, and it was in shit condition, he had a hole in the air filter which apparently provided him with "more speed" and there were holes drilled here and there for other modificatons, it was stupid lol.

However, we hit 117mph with me on the back, and i'm not joking, i thought the bike was gonna blow up! Nice bikes, but i just don't like the sound of 2 strokes, can't grumble really, getting 33bhp out of a 125 is pretty amazing.

That's the one downside to modifications, it does put your fuel consumption up, which is a pity really. My bike is all standard, i guess getting more power out of it with some mods would be good, but i'd rather wait and spend the money on real modifications for a big bike Very Happy

ye it's nippy, but fast...... i wanna 600!!!! Very Happy

lol

still enough to wipe the smiles off of my mates' faces, as they watch the "hairdryer" disappear into the distance, mwhahaha

corsas suck BALLS!!!!

Alasdair Murison
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:23 - 08 Dec 2009    Post subject: Re: Just for 125 riders :) Reply with quote

milkster125 wrote:

lol

still enough to wipe the smiles off of my mates' faces, as they watch the "hairdryer" disappear into the distance, mwhahaha

corsas suck BALLS!!!!

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:52 - 09 Dec 2009    Post subject: Re: Just for 125 riders :) Reply with quote

Alasdair Murison wrote:
milkster125 wrote:

lol

corsas suck BALLS!!!!

Hairdryers or not, RS's are fast bikes! There's loads of videos on youtube of RS125's whizzing past the camera, its crazy! Corsas, Peugeot 106's, Golf GTI's and Citreon Saxo's can all fuck off! Had many chavs in each one of those cars think i'm a piece of shit on my bike, and cut in front, drive like pillocks and act like dickheads, they nearly caused me to crash once Thumbs Down

I want a 600 though mate, my 125 is a 4 stroke, so not very fast, i've only topped 73mph on it, but it's been a thrill to ride, no matter what anyone else thinks.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 169 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7