Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Why I am saying Goodbye to BCF before a proper Hello

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Random Banter by G (24 Mar 2014 - 20:39)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:57 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benno wrote:
MissTamsin wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how immature people can be online, as if hiding behind a keyboard gives you the right to regress to being 5 years old and taking your ball away if you are losing Rolling Eyes

I get into confrontations a lot on nights out because in real life I talk EXACTLY like I do here on BCF. You may feel a little better knowing this Thumbs Up.

I was referring to the OP Laughing

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://militantlibertarian.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/NightOfTheLivingStatists.jpg

If only I had my AR......

Thanks Obama
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissTamsin wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how immature people can be online, as if hiding behind a keyboard gives you the right to regress to being 5 years old and taking your ball away if you are losing Rolling Eyes

https://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/325/699/4fc.jpg

Substitute UT2K4 with BCF, the same applies. Very Happy

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:05 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight I go to bed in tears. I will miss the OP whoever they were.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:13 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel Badger wrote:
Tonight I go to bed in tears. I will miss the OP whoever they were.

Don't be sad, there'll be another non-entity along to fill the void left by their passing.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:59 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

What gets me is the apparent surprise on the OP's part. "What the hell?!? I found this amazeballs bikers' forum and after reading past threads and gaining a sense of what gives at bcf generally, I signed on the dotted line....and WHACK...a slew of sexist bastards scuttled out of the woodwork and bummed the living teats off me."

Yeah. No shit.

Fact is bcf is full of sexist shitbags. I myself am not particularly guilty of sexist shitbaggery. But you take the rough with the smooth. There used to be regular outbreaks of anti-semitism and racism as well. Much of that has - since kradmelder left - abated. You will also not have to look too far to find blatant homophobia.

It's all there. For better or worse - and let's be honest, usually worse - so quite why you failed to notice is a little perplexing. I'm probably a bit more impervious to it than you because I have a knob, am old (so am a partly unreconstructed tosser), and am increasingly apathetic.

BCF is to my mind obviously very anti-PC. Although not quite as much as it might think. It's far more sexist than racist for instance. You might be wondering why sexism - and to a lesser extent, homophobia - are regarded as fair play at BCF in a way that racism is not.

This is because biking is about testosterone, machismo and trying to be all tough and 'ard, like. Griefing slags and giving queers stick fit with the overall mission of bcf biker blokedom quite nicely.

Tiresome as fuck, but with intermittent moments of hilarity - often when such pathetic grandstanding and hubris goes fatally wrong. Stick around, watch loud mouthed idiotic bastards lose limbs and/or die. You might even learn something in the process. Mr. Green

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Minty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:03 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I personally think this is going to stick in my mind for quite some time. I doubt I will get over to Lanzarote where the weather was all we could have asked for and the hotel was fantastic. The kids had a great time.

Sorry, what were we talking about again?

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:09 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
and to a lesser extent, homophobia - are regarded as fair play at BCF in a way that racism is not.

Because we call each other fags/gheys etc etc??

I don't think bcf is that homophobic or sexist IMO.

I think a good chunk of it is playing up to get a reaction. So if someone like the OP turns up and starts getting touchy about sexism, you can be sure there will be flurry of sexist comments incoming; not necessarily because those posters are sexist, but because they are just saying whatever it takes to get a rise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:08 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benno wrote:
I get into confrontations a lot on nights out because in real life I talk EXACTLY like I do here on BCF.

Yes, I imagine you do spend a lot of time talking loudly about yourself.

https://www.theclimbinghangar.com/wp-content/uploads/round2.jpg

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:20 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commuter_Tim wrote:
Substitute UT2K4 with BCF, the same applies. Very Happy

You mean...?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/97/Unreal_Tournament_2004_Coverart.png

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 09:33 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the OP's location and career this is either Ollie/Alice in Sunderland/DiscoBiscuits mother or a friend/colleague of his mothers.

The Irony is strong in this one.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:19 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

smegballs wrote:
and to a lesser extent, homophobia - are regarded as fair play at BCF in a way that racism is not.

Because we call each other fags/gheys etc etc??

I don't think bcf is that homophobic or sexist IMO.

I think a good chunk of it is playing up to get a reaction. So if someone like the OP turns up and starts getting touchy about sexism, you can be sure there will be flurry of sexist comments incoming; not necessarily because those posters are sexist, but because they are just saying whatever it takes to get a rise.

No way uh huh nope. Remember that lezzer with the cbr600 iirc? She always got some comment or other aimed at her rug munching proclivities.

But is that homophobia you ask. Ah yes - good question sir, good question indeed. And in any case, might that not have been just an isolated (although consistent across both time and tone) instance of lezzer bashing rather than something indicative of a deeper seated uphill gardener intolerance?

Sadly that is not such a good question because the answer is very obvious to me.

Bcf search results for "ghey" - 1061 (try it)

Hey now. Don't think I'm what you might call particularly bothered by this frequent association at bcf of homosexuality with weakness, lack of strength, and generally being substandard in a whole host of ways. But don't think it ain't there. Cos that wouldn't be tres bright.

covent.gardens
World Clap Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be more bans, to protect the childr- protect the new members!!!!11

Won't someone think of the ch--ad revenue
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, you are..? Confused .

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:11 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
After doing a bit of skim Mooncup research, I asked Mrs Raffles if she was familiar with the product. She said that she wasn't and asked me how I knew of their existence....Well, I said, I heard about them on a bikers' forum....

You really need to blame Hellkat for this.

I was blissfully unaware of the existence of these evil devices until she mentioned them in another thread.

Mooncup.... WTF is that I thought?... That day google was not my friend Sick

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:22 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi.
Don't bring me into this thread!

I was quietly standing on the sidelines (on my box behind the fence) and watching without posting, because you know it would only get messier than a blocked mooncup if I contributed.

Mr. Green Thumbs Up

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

*thinks "flounce" should be replaced with "mooncup" a la oh whatever happened to such-and-such a bcf member not seen for 4 weeks or more? Oh s/he mooncupped*

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:45 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Oi.
Don't bring me into this thread!

I was quietly standing on the sidelines (on my box behind the fence) and watching without posting, because you know it would only get messier than a blocked mooncup if I contributed.

Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Mmmmm...coagulated....
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:15 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooncups... Wife uses one.. swears by it but feminine she is not. To be fair though if you add up the cost of one of those little weird devices against the cost of the throw away alternatives she's saved us a small fortune.

As for BCF. Its full of idiots. Myself included, but we are a funny piss taking bunch of idiots who would probably never get along with each other at the best of times if it wasn't for our shared love of piss taking and motorcycles. In the years I have been here I have learnt that should you want to actually learn about motorcycles then stay in the motorcycle sections, new rider, workshop, general bike etc. If you want to learn about the warped and twisted side of life then explore further down the home page into the general chat areas.

Its not sexist, it is not just PC. We do not discriminate against one person just because they are female, we discriminate against everyone equally and if you rise to the bait you get eaten alive. If you laugh at us or, as has proven, take the piss back then you become a well respected member of our little family.

Think of the place like a new work place. Your the new person, the apprentice, the butt of the jokes and the outsider. Hang around and laugh at yourself and lighten the fuck up and you'll find everyone moves onto the next poor bastard to join BCF and you can help make them feel "welcome!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 12:58 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are these people?

https://georginaguthrie.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/withnail-and-marwood.jpg

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:58 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Re: Why I am saying Goodbye to BCF before a proper Hello Reply with quote

Petrichor wrote:
... currently at the stage of getting ready for the CBT, trying to find my way around things, places and people. There is no actual biker I know personally at this point, so I've read a lot about bikes and biking on the web.

Shocked

Pay your dues.

Enjoy learning to ride, it is fun, and cool, and all the awesome things our mothers thought we shouldnt be allowed to do when they put us into convent schools way back then.

But remember that preparing for your CBT does not automatically qualify you for biker-world righteousness.

I know, because (many mooncups moons ago, even before I came upon BCF) I have made exactly that same older-woman over-educated outspoken Jenny-come-lately noob female learner rider mistake that you are now making.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
Its not sexist, it is not just PC.

Presumably means "it's not sexist, it is just not PC." If so, then this strikes me as a bit oxymoronic. Ok, ok - although everything sexist is not PC, not everything un-PC is sexist. But really - there's plenty of sexist shit that gets posted on BCF. Please don't try to pretend otherwise. That would be churlish - worse still, plain wrong.

The more pressing question is who actually GIVES a fuck? Me, for one. But not very often. Most of the time I can't be bothered, or else I just think wow what a fucking douche bcf member "x" just was.

pinkfloyd wrote:
We do not discriminate against one person just because they are female, we discriminate against everyone equally and if you rise to the bait you get eaten alive. If you laugh at us or, as has proven, take the piss back then you become a well respected member of our little family.

Neh man that's absolute fucking bollocks, that is. For although everyone might get a "beating" there are definite undeniable moments when some are "discriminated" against on specific, particular grounds. Take Usually Wrong for instance. A despicable shitebag in my view. But one who definitely saw some homophobia iirc. And all this tits and gary crap. I get it. I like it. I laugh at it. But for fucks sake how is it not sexist?? Don't be naive dude.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

And stop insulting people you don't even know.
Hell Rolling Eyes way to go, luv.

I like pink things (sometimes) and I like Hello Kitty things (sometimes). Its only by chance that I am a scruffy cunt who never wears co-ordinated anything, that you haven't just insulted me with your derisory remarks about the choices of other women who are actually OUT THERE riding bikes while you were still busy doing whatever the fuck you were doing before you took it into your head to get on a bike.

I booted around on bikes aged 23, and then spent the intervening years between then and 38 years old being a good-little-wife-and-mother* - and then I came late back to biking. I made MANY of the same mistakes you are making now.

And now I'm here on BCF, after having been dipped my toe in a fair few other forums of many different types (!) and I quite like it here. Liking BCF and liking every single person on the forum are two quite different things, as I am sure you are very capable of appreciating.

I could have joined several of the verbal forays into bullying new members, its tempting to hunt with the pack, its very very tempting to have a smart mouth and drive someone away just because you can, because the others are.

I could have defended more of the "victims" than I have (and I am often the first to stand up for an underdog when I think they have a valid point of view) when I have seen beyond the noob and understood they are equally as talented and often have more to offer than most of the people bullying them on here.

But mostly I sit tight, keep my own counsel and just get on with riding my bike. In uncoordinated, unsafe and frankly not even waterproof riding gear, on dodgy bikes that have seen better days and occasionally of rather questionable road-worthiness.

If my bike needs fixing, I just wait til my fella finds the time to get round to it, or until I can afford to put it in the shop, cos I have no interest in being a righteous sister of the spanner, and I rarely do ride-outs unless it absolutely suits me to get off my arse. Hardly anybody's idea of a right-on biker chick. But I'm out there (currently on a shit-box black BMW 750 - when it gets a new battery!), getting on with it, getting on with riding and living.

Am I being blinkered, or is it just that I have better things to do with my life than worry what a pack of nerdy twats I dont even know think of me? I know how I see it. Guess which is the correct answer, and you might get a Blankety-Blank chequebook and pen.

I say it again.
Pay your dues.
Then come back and judge.

Chances are, you'll still find plenty of overopinionated wankers in need of a slap round the ears, to bicker with ... but NOBODY is likely to take any notice of you until you have got your arse on a bike and got a few years and a few miles under your belt.

*okay, I wasn't all that good ... Shifty

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:52 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all this tits and gary crap. I get it. I like it. I laugh at it. But for fucks sake how is it not sexist??

Of course its not sexist : because you could punch a man in the tits and do him up the gary as well.
Equality, man. Equality Mr. Green Middle Finger
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 74 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12