Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

aprilia sr 50 help wont start oil light comes on????

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

rs_1978
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:36 - 22 Jan 2007    Post subject: aprilia sr 50 help wont start oil light comes on???? Reply with quote

hi i have just bourt a aprilia sr and i carnt get it to go i charged the batt as was dead it did try turn over 1st time but now when i press the elec start it clicks and the oil light come on anybody know how to sort this or what the problem is it starts fine of kick start???? plz help thanks
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

finpos
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:40 - 22 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd heartily recommend putting a new battery and some oil in it. Also, full stops.

finpos.

rs_1978
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:44 - 22 Jan 2007    Post subject: sr Reply with quote

yes sorry for my spelling didnt think would matter lol, it is a new battery in it and it has full tank off oil..

finpos
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 22 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this new battery also the very same dead battery that you charged up and won't turn the starter? If so, it's not new, it's dead and you need a new, new one.

Can't really help you with the oil light, I'm afraid. Are you sure it's just not going OFF for the duration of time you are holding down the starter button?

finpos.

rs_1978
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:02 - 22 Jan 2007    Post subject: sr Reply with quote

hi yes its a new batt that was got for it, the 1 that came on it was dead i charged it, but also got a new 1 forgot to say sorry. well whats happening is i press the elec start and the relay clicks and the oil light come on and stays on untill i let go of the elec start i have cleaned all earths and checked all wires but still no luck:(

rs_1978
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:10 - 22 Jan 2007    Post subject: sr Reply with quote

hi yes its a new batt that was got for it, the 1 that came on it was dead i charged it, but also got a new 1 forgot to say sorry. well whats happening is i press the elec start and the relay clicks and the oil light come on and stays on untill i let go of the elec start i have cleaned all earths and checked all wires but still no luck:(

finpos
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:10 - 22 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the thing that's making the clicking noise. Follow the thick cable from the +ve battery terminal - it should be the first thing you come to. It's called the starter relay.

The starter relay will probably have four electical terminals on it. 2 Big ones and 2 small ones.

If you have a multimeter, check you have 12V on both of the big terminals when the starter button is pressed. If not, the starter relay may be buggered.

If you do not have a multimeter, but do have a negligent attitude towards safety, short the two big terminals together with a huge screwdriver or something similar. This should cause some sparks and also the starter motor to spin. If so, the starter relay may be buggered.

finpos.

rs_1978
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:27 - 22 Jan 2007    Post subject: sr Reply with quote

ok thanks alot ive just been lookin on aprilia site aswell. looks like its a coman fault with them, i will take starter off and try direct to battery, it is the relay clicking so must be a dead starter motor or like you say dead relay thanks alot for your help

russ

rs_1978
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:19 - 22 Jan 2007    Post subject: sr Reply with quote

hi thanks for help. i tryed sorting it an no spark so i took starter of and stripped it to find the bushers had worn an stuck with dirt so i clened it all out an wd40 it an works like a dream now thanks alot:DVery Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 69 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1