BCF: Bike Chat Forums

derestricting speedfight 2 ac

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

DuNnInG_2K5
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:07 - 15 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbh if you havnt done anything mechanically with a scooter before i highly advise against doing this as your first.

just get a garage to derestrict it for you, if you take it to the dealer you got it from he'll probably charge about 70quid but because you bought it from that company it shouldn't invalidate your warranty

jayjayspeedfi...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:32 - 15 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not going to pay for something i can do myself.

p.s i have worked on cars before so i am not a novice to using a spanner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sagiliam
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:26 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
p.s i have worked on cars before so i am not a novice to using a spanner.

well then you should be able to answer this question yourself

Quote:
ok well i dont have an impact wrench is there anything else i can do to take the nut off?

Spanner or socket. They are only 7mm bolts.

Ls
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GeorgeCBR
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:27 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate... you want to drill holes in your airbox so it sounds better... tell me, when does a moped EVER sound good? It's only 60 odd quid to derestrict, so you may aswell pay... And one more thing, dont trust the clocks, usually 30mph, is 30mph on the clock, but once your speed starts to climb, they go further out. My friends Runner does an indicated 70/75, sometimes 80, on the CBR it comes up no more than 55mph.

Previous || Suzuki Bandit 600N - Honda CBR 125 - Gilera Runner 50

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 29 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you messing about with the airbox when i specifically told you how to derestrict it properly so you didn't fuck it up?

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:42 - 30 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think he's one of the 'if it sounds good then it must be fast' crowd

the kind that drive 0.6 litre 2cv's with baked bean cans welded to them
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

mattgirv
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:15 - 30 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah a friend of mine took a saw to the end of his exhaust. It is a tad louder.... Rolling Eyes Apparently it now reaches 150mph, though there are no clocks. Go figure Laughing

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:06 - 30 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

mph is meters per hour in his case right?
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

mattgirv
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 04:11 - 30 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah in all fairness it is a 600, a CBF600 to be precise, but it is still fairly ridiculous Razz

jayjayspeedfi...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:11 - 08 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally ive de restricted my ped. i did it myself and have removed the plate out of the variator (used a normal spanner but with a screwdriver to lock it so it doesnt move). i did the exhaust however i couldnt get a vice so i just hit it with a hammer against a brick which seemed to do the trick lol. if any one would like instructions etc just contact me.

thanks everyone for the help it is much appreciated.

Sean101
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:24 - 20 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Speedfight 2 and I don't think it is de-restricted in the exhaust as it is pretty slow. Someone earlier mentioned removing a backplate, is this the backplate (circled)?

https://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i648692_DSC00404.JPG

Also, somebody mentioned removing an extra chamber on the exhaust, is this it?

https://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i648707_DSC00405.JPG

Thank you.

Sean101
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:24 - 22 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please could somebody help me? If those aren't the backplate and the extra chamber then please could somebody show me where they are?

truslack
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:04 - 23 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pay £60 and get it derestricted at a garage, then you don't risk messing up your ped.

Sean101
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:18 - 23 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just asking to see if my exhaust had been derestricted already, I am getting a sports exhaust soon anyway.

truslack
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 24 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it can do more than 35, the chances are yes - it's been de-restricted.

Sean101
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:07 - 28 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

New question now. I have ordered a Leo Vince ZX sports exhaust for my Peugeot Speedfight. I have heard that they have restrictors in them to make them legal, so does anyone know how I take it out?

Catalyst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:57 - 28 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

why buy a sport exhaust with restrictors in?!??! The whole point of buying an exhaust is to get one without them in, hahahahaah Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sean101
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:55 - 28 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because then they are legal, and the restrictor is supposedly quite easy to remove. Anyway, I'm not 100% sure if it has got a restrictor in it, I have just heard that most sports exhausts do.

But thank you for your helpful comment.

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:45 - 08 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think the best thing to do is keep your 50cc restricted or buy a 125cc. If you are 16 like me just wait until you're 17 and stay within the law. If you really want it de-restricting take it to the garage like everyone is saying. £60 is cheap compared to the Peugeot dealer near me that de-restricts for £100.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 7 years, 319 days between these two posts...

Liam_K
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:01 - 21 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reversing the restriction.. Reply with quote

Hey dude...
You know what you are talking about so here goes. I bought a bike two years ago here in Spain, a 2004 Speedfight 2 LC and it was derestricted. All good except now I have the national bike test and it is going to fail. I got the plate that was taken out of the variator kit, refitted it and while the top speed is less now (60km from 90km) the acceleration seems to be almost quicker to me and I guess that it is still too fast for 49cc. Having read your post, I see that the previous owner chopped the exhaust so that explains why it is still too quick. Is there anything I can do short of buying a new exhaust?

Thing that makes me wonder is...he obviouisly did this years ago and it passed numerous tests since then, so how was that? Is it ok for the 49cc level with just the polate back in and the exhaust still hacked?

One more thing: I didn´t change the variator rollers. Should I, and which ones will slow it down a bit?

Thank you very much...
andys675 wrote:
ok, i'm gonna post this so you don't screw it up because you're going to mess with it anyway aren't you?

if you remove the washer from the variator all you will do is derestrict the drive train, not the whole bike, therefore your engine will not rev higher this only allows the wheels to spin faster

on a new speedfight they don't have a washer in the variator, its the backplate of the variator you have to remove, (so there's no back on the variator), then you have to remove the exhaust, and you will find a secondary blanked off chamber by where the exhaust bolts onto the head, (this chokes the engine, therefore restricting its revs), you can either get it chopped off and welded up as if it was never there, or stick it in a vice and crush it, i recommend if you crush it that you do it a couple of inches away from where it welds onto the main part of the exhaust or you can break the weld, and you will have to get it welded anyway

if you do it this way you will not need to mess with different variator rollers

if you change the exhaust, good luck! it will then need rollers and a bigger main jet in the carb (as you will have done away with the catalytic convertor) , so don't bother as it will take an age to set up properly

you must do both of these together, remove the backplate to derestrict the drive speed, and crush the exhaust secondary chamber to derestrict the engine

don't use an air gun to get the variator off, you'll eventually screw up the thread on the end of the crank doing it like that!

oh yea, i'm a fully qualified peugeot scooter mechanic with all the certificates from peugeot uk (three cross m/c) so this is the only post you can believe, I know it might not be the sensible thing to do letting you know how to deresrict your ped, buy i'd rather you do it properly as I know you're going to mess with it anyway

PS after you're done, please bear in mind, the lighter you weigh the faster it will go, in my experience if you're 8 stone it will go into the red on the speedo, the bit after it ends at 55mph, if you weigh 16 stone you'll be hard pushed to see 50mph, its due to the power to weight ratio

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:39 - 22 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, now you have restricted the wheel speed with the variator the engine will be doing 10000 rpm at 50kph and will wear out very quickly

you still need to restrict the engine, so fit a washer between the engine and the exhaust that makes the hole smaller where the gases from the engine go into the exhaust, this will stop the engine revving so high although you might have to experiment a bit with different size washers to get the max speed to where you need it to pass the test

Liam_K
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:53 - 22 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....im willimg to do that. And yes i noticed it was revving too high, even when i stopped accelerating it sounded too high.
So, thw point you are talking about is the join where the exhaust meets the engine, where it is bolted on? Is there a gasket at that point, and would i need to buy a new one? Any advice or directions as in the rough size needed would be a great help..forst timer at this, but ill put my hand to anything..

quote="andys675"]great, now you have restricted the wheel speed with the variator the engine will be doing 10000 rpm at 50kph and will wear out very quickly

you still need to restrict the engine, so fit a washer between the engine and the exhaust that makes the hole smaller where the gases from the engine go into the exhaust, this will stop the engine revving so high although you might have to experiment a bit with different size washers to get the max speed to where you need it to pass the test[/quote]
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 363 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2