Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Warning about Jmotos J motos www.minimoto-dirtbike.co.uk

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

jmotosmessedm...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:30 - 20 May 2007    Post subject: Warning about Jmotos J motos www.minimoto-dirtbike.co.uk Reply with quote

Hi purchased a dirtbike form this guy a while back thinking they were a reputable company. The bike was delivered even though it was late but from that moment on everything went wrong with it. He claims he has the bikes and parts in stock but he doesnt i spoke to one of his suppliers who told me that he just buys them after you pay, its cheaper to buy them directly from the main suppliers. Anyway to cut a long story short turns out its not a company but a 15 year old boy who runs it, he doesnt post a phone number cuase of the amount of angry customers he has. He wont send me any of the replacement parts whivh have gone wrong and he stopped answering all e-mails. Im not the firstperson he has done this too, they are quite a few, he supplies rubbish then ignores you afterwards. Turns out as well he is not VAT registed even though he is trading over the threshold, i have spoken to the tax people about this to get his shut down.

Anyone elese had a problem with J motos, jmotos or www.minimoto-dirtbike.co.uk please post. Im super pissed, i have spent hundreds ona bike for my son and it doesnt even work!!

GreatWill
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:09 - 20 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like he is a member of a pit bike forum:

https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/

Under the name of "minimoto-mad" You will be able to contact him via that site?

jmotosmessedm...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:39 - 20 May 2007    Post subject: thanks mate Reply with quote

Thanks mate, will post a review about him on that site as well as what hes doing is just plain wrong. I already had the bike fixed with parts I bought from another supplier so I am down £100 as is, very much doubtfull if he will pay up. Have contacted trading standards and paypal about jmotos and minimoto-mad but they are quite slow.

garyd
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:25 - 21 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you buy one in the first place???? Shocked Rolling Eyes there are plenty of small bikes for kids ,ty50/80 are plentiful and have gears and clutch,and brakes ,just scaled down big bikes,please tell me you ride it on private land?cut your losses and change it ,a world of problems will otherwise take up all your w/ends.good luck.......... Laughing

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 22:41 - 21 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would be better off speaking to your local trading standards department, they'll be able to advice you on what action can be taken.

Unfortunately it looks like it's a lesson learnt the hard way about being more selective about online suppliers as personally quite a few alarm bells started ringing when I had a quick look through the site e.g. no telephone number, questionable warranty policy etc..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 21 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you arrange for a mate to act as a possible buyer, meet up to pay for it and then cut his giblets off?

Especially if say your mate did a whois on the website, said you lived in a place of 5 miles of his location and wanted to buy 5 of them.

Razz

Registrant's address:
10 Roseburn Court
Cumbernauld
G67 3PS
United Kingdom

Doubt he lives there though...

jmotosmessedm...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:31 - 21 May 2007    Post subject: thanks for the info Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I will contact trading stanadrds in the morning as I assume it will fall under not fit for purpose. Might buy a real bike now

Found a link on another site https://pitbike.forumwise.com/pitbike-thread5870.html&highlight=jmotos , seems like he gets most of his business on forums preying on other kids by badmouthing other brands and makes he doesnt sell . I already got an e-mail from 2 other guys as well re j motos he seems to be quite the little con man.

Looking on the his site https:// www.minimotoonline.info he started selling parts........... can also bet he doesnt actually have any of them in stock!!

DOS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:34 - 22 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be good to get him out of the business.It makes others that
are good people look bad.Others hear that there are rip off guys at it
and just think every one is. Thumbs Up

Paddy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UKRobT309
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:32 - 22 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres his email address.
I've sent him an email saying he better defend his actions or pack in trying to rip people off.
Should be interesting.
Sales@minimx-parts.co.uk

jmotos
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:48 - 22 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there,

someone sent me an email informing me about this .

Firstly we need to get a few things straight:

I am not 15 Rolling Eyes
I have just had a meeting last month with the inland revenue about vat and they said everything is ok and we dont need to register for vat as we are inside the threashold.

It actually makes me laugh at why everyone is against someone when someone tells a story ,

this is how lies get made up . Can i ask where you got the age of 15 from Confused

jmotos
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:54 - 22 May 2007    Post subject: Re: thanks for the info Reply with quote

jmotosmessedmeup wrote:

Found a link on another site https://pitbike.forumwise.com/pitbike-thread5870.html&highlight=jmotos , seems like he gets most of his business on forums preying on other kids by badmouthing other brands and makes he doesnt sell . I already got an e-mail from 2 other guys as well re j motos he seems to be quite the little con man.

Looking on the his site https:// www.minimotoonline.info he started selling parts........... can also bet he doesnt actually have any of them in stock!!

The person from that forum you listed,

i actually gave him a vey good price and all it was was a misunderstanding , he said sorry about his post he made to me, couriers were booked for saturday delivery but delivered on monday so i said i would give him £10 back because he paid £10 extra for sturday delivery , couriers didnt pay me back but i have refunded his money .

And about the parts, most arent in stock and it says on the site OUT OF STOCK on the products that arent in stock

jmotosmessedm...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:43 - 23 May 2007    Post subject: J motos warning Reply with quote

Actually mate I got the info about your age from another forum member, but that was a while ago, you might be 16 by now.

I have since spoken to 4 other unhappy customers of yours. One who claims he ordered the bike which was meant to be a newer spec but ended up being the older type and other the other 3 who say you dont care if something goes wrong and ignore their e-mail so they have given up.

You trade out a residential address and dont carry stock, I have spoken to 2 of your suppliers already and they confirmed.

I have also spoken to people who say you have listed their stuff for sale on your site before buying it from them and this has really pissed them off.

I will post the details of all your suppliers all around the internet so people dont get conned by you anymore. Its all well and good running a business at 16 but you clearly dont give a damn about your customers and must be stopped.

When I get enough names of unhappy customers of yours Im going straight to trading standards with the list.

Also as part of the distance selling act you must annouce the name of the owner on your site as the sole trader, which you dont. There are also numerous problems with your site which contravine the DSA.

To everyone reading this one of their supplier is www.mypurerush.com will post details on the others when i have them so you can order directly without being messed around by a child.

jmotosmessedm...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:45 - 23 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the threshhold, I have a funny feeling that your not decalring everything to them so whenever I speak to one of your customers I will send it through to the customs people to make sure!! Im on to you boy

jmotos
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:55 - 23 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is correct about my pure rush , i do have a deal with them . But you are being unfair when saying unanswered emails and dont give a damn about customers. Up to you what you want to think but this iss clearly untrue.

You can also think watever you want about the vat , but i have got nothing to hide.

I do carry stock but i do have a deal with my pure rush on some of the bikes, dont know where your getting 2 suppliers from as its only 1 i deal with . I do stock bikes and have a range of performance spares coming in in about 1-2 weeks time Wink

jmotos
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:57 - 23 May 2007    Post subject: Re: J motos warning Reply with quote

jmotosmessedmeup wrote:

Also as part of the distance selling act you must annouce the name of the owner on your site as the sole trader, which you dont. There are also numerous problems with your site which contravine the DSA.

trading standards were happy with my site and they didnt mention anything about DSA Rolling Eyes

jmotosmessedm...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:47 - 23 May 2007    Post subject: Lies Reply with quote

Just spoke to trading standards now, you DONT COMPLY with DSA I will call your local trading standards now and inform them. About the other supplier, one of the other supplier, why are you lying, one of your customers said his bike came from Venteexpress in europe. Im not being unfair, when your own customers have such a low opnion of your service that they e-mail me back and are willing to join me aginst you, it says something. If you are looking at a bike from J motos order from mypurerush instead

jmotos
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:39 - 23 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw ok . so this was an old sale. back in sumer of last year the suplier of the gen 2 came from ventex but was now changed to my pure rush in the end of last year.

Why are you so against me ?

jmotosmessedm...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:54 - 23 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becuase you scam on little kids on forums and have horrible customer service and no ability to help when things go wrong.
Thats why. There are enough rogue traders like you makeing the industry look bad so I will do all in my power to stop it. I have forwarded this thread to the customers of yours I have chatted to and they will hopefully be posting their experiences to. I have also chatted to my local paper and they are intrested in writting about it especially with all the negative attention about mini motos. As you have no phone number i assume they will e-mail you soon for your reply to their story!

To everyone else reading this thread I have gone out an bought a proper yamaha dirtbike from a delaer and couldnt be happier so thanks for the advice.

Dont buy from J motos, jmotos

jmotos
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:15 - 23 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

little kids forums ???

ok then Rolling Eyes

Laughing

i sponsor the forums , pay money in to them to help them grow.

and about customer service i am always hapy to help customers and even non customers in any problems they have . You are saying there are a few unhappy customers ? ?
even if there is its a very small portion to happy customers Wink

jmotos
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:35 - 23 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

also about phone numbers, the reason why a phone number was taken off our site was because the amount of prank calls and calls from chinease people as they were getting the number from our website

jmotosmessedm...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:49 - 24 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a load of crock, you dont advertise anywhere but forums so you wouldnt have a large amount of calls anyway, you do it to avoid your angry customers.

Your forum sponsership costs about £100 and you call that helping to grow a site I dont think so. I have seen your posts, you wait for a kid to ask about a bike then you reply like a hawk and push them towards your site. There is nothing wrong with this apart from you badmouth the real suppliers and dont have customer service to back up your sales.

You have shown your true colours, there is no point trying to worm out of it now. Yet another cutsomer of yours replied me today saying he wasnt particulary happy with your service.

Its just not on.

I will be posting a copy of this thread on as many complaints sites as possible

jmotos
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:52 - 24 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think someone is telling a bit of lies now .

As noone has emailed me about any complaints .

Would you like to tell me your name so i know who you even are Rolling Eyes

And you do watever you feel like , you obviously dont have a very god life if all you do is go on forums etc telling lies about a company Rolling Eyes

and it costs more than £100 for advertising space Wink
this helps non profit forums out alot , without sponsors there would be no forum . the money goes towards hosting costs , domain names etc which can total up to quite a bit

jmotosmessedm...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:31 - 24 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

its ok will e-mail the forums for the exact cost and will post but i dont think its more that £100....... you have received my e-mails you liar, I have gievn up with you.. Its ok I have asked the other customers to post here so you can defend against them yourself. For my details, trading standards will send you a letter you will have 7 days to respond to it when you get it!!

jmotos
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:16 - 24 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

this has to be a wind up Laughing
your going to check how much my advertising costs are

i think your a litle obsesed with me

and i havent ignored any emails Rolling Eyes

jmotosmessedm...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 04:01 - 25 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now everyone can see you for what you are , a child messing around. You are ignoring legitamte complaint and saying its a wind up, you wont be when you get my letter from trading standards. you do ignore e-mails, other people have posted this fact on other forums.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 339 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2