Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Skyjet 125cc CBR replica bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

rudoza
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:11 - 13 Jun 2007    Post subject: Skyjet 125cc CBR replica bike Reply with quote

hey ppl i have my CBT this saturday and was thinking of buying this bike.

https://www.avalonialtd.com/breakdown.php?hdnVersionID=54&hdnModelRangeID=33&hdnTypeID=39

I was just wandering if anyone who has this bike could u's please tell me whats it like and how reliable it is and whats the max speed on it and could it be modified?,
if anyone has any videos or pictures of it could u link them please. thx
urs rudoza

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:14 - 13 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piece of shit

Get a real CBR125.

T

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 13 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't buy it, you will regret it, it will fall apart on you for no reason due to low build quality.

You get what you pay for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:15 - 13 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this one, for £250 more.

https://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/BIKES_popup.jsp?id=200722287225390

iloveriding
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:01 - 13 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load of Cr*p mate if there build type is the same as there quads, they wont last 5 minuets and are death traps.
Tony

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:59 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a used CBR instead. A mate has one of them sky jet things and its falling to pieces.

I have a 2005 cbr 125, i have done 20,000 miles on it and it has never let me down. Just needed a new battery last month. Thumbs Up

Dalemac
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen a swing arm on one of those things rust throught in 3 months.

Avoid at all costs!

Get a ybr then up the front tooth by one....then it is as fast as a cbr, just nekked.

LeeR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:49 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a reply what I wrote earlier (Posted: 21:02 - 12 Mar 2007)

LeeR wrote:
Skyjet...hmmm my sister's boyfriend bought one about 18 months ago, he rates it and really enjoys riding it however, couple of problems:

Firstly - some muppet reversed into it breaking the side-stand, foot peg, and clutch lever, these parts were ordered at around £100 total and took an eternity to arrive and this from an "authorised" dealer.

Secondly - when he took the bike to have it repaired the dealer found that the rear-hub assembly was missing a bolt, one bolt had sheared and the third remaining bolt was in the process of rattling itself loose. He has had the bike serviced from new with the dealer!

Though covered the bike has been left outside since purchased in all weathers and shows little signs of deterioration, which is a positive.

So I say make up your own mind, personally I think the Chinese are on their way to global domination and would therefore rather buy Japanese as they appear to have slowed down a bit. Eh?

Last edited by LeeR on 19:18 - 14 Jun 2007; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DaveW
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:26 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the Chinese are doing what Japan did 40-50 years ago - copying western stuff and selling it cheap and it can also be nasty!!! Some is OK but some is really cack.

I've got a Scooter I'm fixing at the mo from a friend who bought it off ebay for £300, bargain as its done 131miles only and is a 55 plate. But fook me, its very Fisher Price!! It won't run more than 5 mins, the handle bars had come loose (only held on by 1 bolt!!!!! and no none are missing!!!) The throttle works both ways!!!! Except it only opened a 1/4 of a turn due a screw which had come loose and stopped the throttle opening. Just need to find why it doesn't run, seems like fuelling either too much or not enough, choke is fine and works, fuel is going in, next is see what compression is like. Its a 4 stroke.

But its only done 131miles!!!, but looks like its 10 years old with a rusty exhaust.

I think if you buy one with an open mind that you may wait months for parts, if you can source them and it may have reliability problems and shocking resale value, then it should be OK as they're cheap. Very Happy Throw away after a year. Very Happy

DaveW
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:30 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and that rear disc brake looks like one of those false discs that chavs cover up the drum brakes on Novas.

It looks really cheap, like a bottom of a paint tin with holes drilled in it.

It might look tempting, but I would definately think twice. It maybe fine though.

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those skyjets are minging in the flesh, really cheap & horrible. I wouldn't want to ride on one.

YGWYPF

Mudskipper Mr. Green

vector74
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:12 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Quote:
false discs that chavs cover up the drum brakes on Novas
Please tell me people dont do that... that is the worst "modification" ive ever heard of Surprised

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveW wrote:
Unfortunately the Chinese are doing what Japan did 40-50 years ago - copying western stuff and selling it cheap and it can also be nasty!!! Some is OK but some is really cack.

Totally agree. What I'm curious is whether chinese bikes will acquire good quality some day or not.
They don't seem to think about qualities, assurances, safety of rider who bought their products, at all.
And they often hide the truth that their products are made in china in their advert. I couldn't find "china" or "chinese" at all.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:21 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawashima wrote:
DaveW wrote:

Totally agree. What I'm curious is whether chinese bikes will acquire good quality some day or not.
They don't seem to think about qualities, assurances, safety of rider who bought their products, at all.
And they often hide the truth that their products are made in china in their advert. I couldn't find "china" or "chinese" at all.

Japanese bikes were created by businessmen, Chinese bikes by profiteers.

T

Last edited by veeeffarr on 19:51 - 14 Jun 2007; edited 1 time in total

iloveriding
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:54 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if China are producing these crap unsafe bikes and quads in a attempt to cull the over population of China.
Tony

LeeR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

iloveriding wrote:
I wonder if China are producing these crap unsafe bikes and quads in a attempt to cull the over population of China.
Tony

Apparently not their hypocrisy knows no bounds, a few Chinese cities most notably Guangzhou have banned motorbikes, Seattle Times - China Bikes

rudoza
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:27 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all ur replies guys i decided not to buy one, and instead i'll go for a aprilia rs 125 2007 model. thanks

urs rudoza

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:30 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

you see? YOU SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE NOW???

you've just convinced someone to buy a disgusting RS SCREEEEEmobile. skyjet is a much better bet! RS is the bane of the earth.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

h00dwink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:04 - 15 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudoza wrote:
thanks for all ur replies guys i decided not to buy one, and instead i'll go for a aprilia rs 125 2007 model. thanks

urs rudoza

don't be a fool Shocked
if you're actually serious about biking, buy a 2nd hand one at least. or a CG125. use it, pass your test with it, sell it making almost no loss.

you will more than likely (almost certainly) drop it.

if you buy new; when you come to sell it (which you will) in a matter of months time, it won't be worth a pittance compared to what you bought it for.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:29 - 15 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 125cc twostroke sports bike is a crap choice for a new rider.

You will either bend it or destroy it with mechanical ineptitude.

CG125 all the way.

T

LeeR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 15 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:

you've just convinced someone to buy a disgusting RS SCREEEEEmobile. skyjet is a much better bet! RS is the bane of the earth.

hmm I would hope "we've" convinced someone to spend his money wisely, keeping it in the EU, and denying the Chinese a few bob Mr. Green

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 15 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeR wrote:
mattsprattuk wrote:

hmm I would hope "we've" convinced someone to spend his money wisely, keeping it in the EU, and denying the Chinese a few bob Mr. Green

Buying a Triumph then is he? Rolling Eyes

LeeR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:21 - 16 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:

Am I being slow or something? I thought he said he was buying an Aprillia, Italian hence EU, hence money not going to China, or did you mean the "wisely" reference and that he should of spent it on a Triumph not a "fragile" Aprillia... Eh?

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:26 - 16 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeR wrote:
Toby R wrote:

Am I being slow or something? I thought he said he was buying an Aprillia, Italian hence EU, hence money not going to China, or did you mean the "wisely" reference and that he should of spent it on a Triumph not a "fragile" Aprillia... Eh?

Italy doesn't count!

They do make exceedingly good cakes tho

Giffer2
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:15 - 16 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:

They do make exceedingly good cakes tho

I thought that was Mr Kipling?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 309 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2