BCF: Bike Chat Forums

It's the little bits..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 16 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally took a pic since the work. And as for the NSR sign, can't be bothered to change it, plus it's not a bigger difference as someone put. Laughing

Not the best of brightest pic but.....
(I know theres a few fairing bolts missing.)

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 16 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should give it a total stripdown and clean everything with some autosol (autosol company would love you to Very Happy )...spray the block, get frame powercoated, swinging arm etc.

Oh and you could of masking taped the front tyre up first Laughing

Hehe, joking aside. For its age it still seems in reasonable nick (cosmetically anyway Wink Razz )

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:34 - 16 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cosmetics are the worst part, wirings sorted and I fix(or bodge) the mechanics on as "as they break" basis. Thumbs Up Laughing

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 16 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, sounds better than mine.

Mine seems to be on a 'as they fall off' basis Laughing

Nah, i need to spend about 300/250 on mine and it will look grand Wink Cool

Gonna give it a respray?

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 16 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah Laughing I sorta like it now, plus its unique. Not only have I never seen another NS in the flesh, never another bike in these colours.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:21 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of half decent pics, how does it look from any of your point of views in general as an overview?

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks alright, still got paint on your front tyre though Wink Razz

Oh, where is your rear brake lever? Confused

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:09 - 20 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my parts tray. Laughing When I came off mid KD, it failed to hold up and my replacement hasn't arrived. Paint on the tryres gives it that extra flayely race look. Cool

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:58 - 20 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Stev3. Thumbs Up

I feel compelled to tell you though that I find your model of bike ugly as sin. Not just 'ugly' ugly but ugly as in I want to put a gun to my head and blow my brains out so I don't need to think about it ever again. I like to think that I don't give a shit about what the bikes I ride look like but I draw the line at that one...

What made you buy it out of courosity?

I guess it could be one of those things that grow on you. I used to think the Suzuki SRAD was ugly until I owned one... Smile

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:56 - 21 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it under the impression it was an NSR.

Now I've grown to love it and it's not ugly Middle Finger Mr. Green it's kind of like a grand old lady. Cool if you get me. Laughing

konsoli
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:27 - 21 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
I bought it under the impression it was an NSR.

Now I've grown to love it and it's not ugly Middle Finger Mr. Green it's kind of like a grand old lady. Cool if you get me. Laughing

..Needs new hip every 6 months,
Her teeth keep falling out,
And she can't stay awake for more than 30 minutes at one time?

I'm joking, I would easily have your bike right now. I'd have a CG125 so.. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:19 - 21 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

konsoli wrote:
I would easily have your bike right now.
Hands off. Wink

konsoli
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:24 - 21 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
Hands off. Wink

Swapsies? lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:35 - 21 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't do them. CG not my style. Wink

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:16 - 27 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I never won he Carbs on ebay so now I'm stuck for a bigger carb unless you want some beer tokens EVO? Wink

Also, Keith, what do you mean by move/fiddle the needle position? And finally, is it better to get a small K&N style air filter or drill holes in the standard one?

https://www.fast-cars-uk.com/images/induction_kit_new.jpg

Not doing bad tho, needs a new chain and I still got her to 80MPH today a few times(private land officer), also broke my single seat cowl thing(wheelie-ing)..... so need to bodge that, Laughing They're way too expensive to replace for what they are. One of the nipple things that holds the back faring has snapped and I think the other one's on it's way out. I seem to have lost my right chicken strip too... My sparky sliders are seeing the road too. Very Happy Cool

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 16:53 - 27 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Slide in the carb holds the needle. This is located with a small clip in a groove. There are a few grooves to choose from. Move the clip to a groove closer to the sharp end of the needle to richen the mixture in the mid throttle positions.

You use the idle mixture screw to adjust the mixture on idle and just off idle, and the main jet to adjust the mixture on full throttle.

K&N might well work OK, but then you have other problems (such as them being a pain when they get wet).

All the best

Keith

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:02 - 27 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, richening the mixture in the way you suggest, is there any performance gain?

With the 'open' filter, I gather there may be damp related problems, but as it'll be in the confines of the fairing I doubt it'd be too bad... Confused will it? I think I have a 26 carb, so by putting a 28 on instead, will that be ok?

Thanks.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 18:10 - 27 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
So, richening the mixture in the way you suggest, is there any performance gain?

Only in so much that if you fail to do it while running a single filter / drilled airbox then you will be running lean and liable to seize the engine rapidly.

All the best

Keith

Evo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:45 - 27 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have the carb anymore st3v3, you said you were sorted so sold it.

And as Kickstart says, K&N types can work well but have to be protected from the elements.

And the leaner a bike runs the faster it is, Though go past a "certain point" (Unsure there) and you will basically ruin your engine. Richer is slower though won't fry your rings ect.. (I may not be totally correct on the consequences but essentially you want your plug to be in the Best condition. Lean you get white spots, Rich leaves oily plug.

Compare to this guide

Whichever you choose filter wise, go for a quick blast on a road then stop and check your plug against the guide. Adjust your carb settings accordingly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:53 - 27 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough EVO Thumbs Up

So, to cap off... I need a bigger carb, around ?28?.

I need to either buy a K&N or drill current airbox(might just buy K&N as then I still have standard one as standard) and adjust carb needle for full effect.

Evo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:45 - 29 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-CONVERTER-NS125-NS125R-NS125F-NSR-NS-125-NSR125_W0QQitemZ270157551350QQihZ017QQcategoryZ10460QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:20 - 29 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the lad selling that is a BCF-er!!! Laughing

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:24 - 30 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've already arranged a dodgy dealing with him. Wink Laughing

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:20 - 12 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

F*ck me, new chain and sprocket set fitted last night in under 2 hours, that DID chain was a b1tch to do with only a flat screwdriver and hammers/mole grips. Laughing

Oh, and can anyone sell me a rear brake pedal thing before my test in October? Cool

Forgot another thing - My new rear sprocket was soon demolished as the chain wasn't the right size, the links were too small to fit between the teeth properly, so I had to buy a new full set @ £70, 2 hours and a fresh DID chain it's fine again, now my front fairing brace mirror mount has snapped, needs re-welding Brick Wall no doubt due to my over-tightening and dodgy fairing placement Razz Anyone taking bet's on it being ready, functioning and available for this test? Laughing Very Happy

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:02 - 21 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a little while on and my test planned for 4th October is out the window.... still not got a rear brake pedal, need a number plate mount Cos mine's snapping and my seat convertor peg that I bust mid wheelie after losing balance and sitting on it is nowhere to be found on scene. Then.... sat in town during working hours some fvcking m0ngified absolute fvcking tw4tting mvppet(s) ripped my wiring harness out my fairing and it looks like they tried hotwiring it, the wires on bottom of ignition were pulled apart(even tho it doesn't look like it), and all lights etc wires dis-connected. Was most fecking p1ssed off, Reported to police but not much hope finding the responsible partie(s) Cool pics..... of wiring loom at the time, and the sprocket I went through in no time.

https://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/stevenns125/DSC00722.jpg

https://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/stevenns125/DSC00724.jpg

https://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/stevenns125/DSC00701.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3