Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ouchy boob! :(

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

MementoMori
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 14 Jul 2007    Post subject: Ouchy boob! :( Reply with quote

Gah. OK so the other day I felt something wet and cold and I looked at my boob and there was like crap collecting either side of my nipple piercing which isn't all that uncommon but this time was extra bad and my nipple had swollen up to about 3 times that of the other one.

So I took the bar out and gave it a good wash, and gave my nipple a good wash but couldn't get the bar back in, not with the bar itself or even a taper. Something was obstructing it, so I had to leave it and hope it didn't close up over night.

So I have another go in the bath today but it's just not happening and the taper just draws blood so I'm like grr, wtf, I will have to retire that piercing, so I have done but now my left side around my chest hurts.

I have not retired a piercing before so I don't know if this is normal or not. It's still swollen so I am guessing that whatever was obstructing the taper and bar is what's causing the problem here.

I don't know if this dull ache is normal or not. It feels almost like I've had it re-pierced.

Anyone help? Or do I need to go sign up with a doctor and get it looked at? Would rather it didn't come to that. Eeek!

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 15:18 - 14 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a qualified Nippleologist. PM me the pics and I'll have a diagnosis in no time Thumbs Up .

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 14 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, you know the answer.

If it hasn't "righted" itself within a week, I'd go to the doctor.

It's most likely only be an infection and/or a blocked milk duct. But ... boobs, piercings, strange swellings/redness: you know the score.

Ow, though Shocked

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 14 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go back to piercing place, or the local hospital. Might just be a local infection....

Also as above Shocked

MementoMori
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:47 - 14 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellkat, I definitely wouldn't have posted up something about breasts if I could help it. Just the knowledge that you can get mastitis from nipple piercings keeps niggling away in the back of my mind and although I am 99.9% sure it's not that, I just need convincing.

Just didn't expect an empty hole to hurt so much. It is probably just a small infection as both of you have said.

Yeah, it'll be alright...

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 14 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah agree with the others...sounds like an infection. Doctors on Monday for you Thumbs Up

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 01:59 - 15 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

MementoMori wrote:
Just the knowledge that you can get mastitis from nipple piercings..

I can sort that out in cows......

MementoMori
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:58 - 15 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's calmed down a rediculous amount over night. Seems to have fixed itself up relatively quickly. Will just keep an eye on it but think my T cells are handling it as good as ever.

Thanks for the helpful replies.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:32 - 15 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that Thumbs Up

Wasn't having a go earlier ... I'm just very diligent about breasty things, cos my mate who lives somewhere up Coromandel way has recently had a bit of a boob scare as well, so I'm boob-nervous at the moment, LOL.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 261 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1