CRF or CR

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tom6
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:50 - 15 Jul 2007    Post subject: CRF or CR Reply with quote

Hi all

Am looking to buy a 250cc. But don't know which one to go or CR or a CRF.

I don't know much about bike, but i use to have a 1997 CR 250 which i sold and now i wish i didnt. And now it time to get another bike. Just want some thing to have some fun on.

so what you you lot recommend

ATB Tom

rufusw
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:53 - 17 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats easy, if you're riding purely for fun the smoker wins every time! 2 strokers are harder to ride but way more fun, i had a road legal CRE500 and it was just a blast, pure fun everywhere you went, theres a factory road legal 250 if road legal floats your boat too, the CRM, its more or less an enduro tuned CR 250 with autolube Very Happy

Most people say the 4 strokers are better for racing and easier to ride but.. IMO they're a bit boring, none of that 2 stroke noise and power delivery

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:25 - 17 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 250cc 4 stroke will usually be compared to a 125cc 2 stroke, with the 250cc 2 stroke being compared to a 450cc 4 stroke.

So a CRF250 will have a fair bit less go than a CR250.

From what I've seen, the CRM is far from being an enduro-tuned CR. It's more a enduro biased trail bike.
The gas gas and KTM offerings in this area are considered much better for off-road riding.

What are you intending to do with this bike?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 163 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1