Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

1 in 10,000 riders wears a Helmet.. SHOCKING

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dean12
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:11 - 09 May 2010    Post subject: 1 in 10,000 riders wears a Helmet.. SHOCKING Reply with quote

In Pakistan /India the official figuers show that less than 1 in 10,000 Motorbike Riders wear a Helmet..

Why are we so worried about wearing Special Clothing, When they dont even wear Helmets!

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 09 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, their view on death is a lot different over there, they believe their God chooses when they die... or something along those lines - I'm sure someone will correct me.

Alexio
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 09 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, I think most of their busy urban riding isn't at very fast speeds and they get very good very quickly at riding in all of that chaos.
Leviathan91 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:05 - 12 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also there's a lot of sikhs there, so wear turbans instead.
In this country you don't even have to wear a helmet if you're a sikh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:47 - 13 May 2010    Post subject: Re: 1 in 10,000 riders wears a Helmet.. SHOCKING Reply with quote

Dean12 wrote:
In Pakistan /India the official figuers show that less than 1 in 10,000 Motorbike Riders wear a Helmet..

Why are we so worried about wearing Special Clothing, When they dont even wear Helmets!

I don't know aboiut you but I am not inclined to put my hand in a fire or jump off a cliff just because some other nutjob does... and I wouldn't recomend anyone else do it either.

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

supZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 13 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukeVFR wrote:
That's one to many tbh

i laughed Sad

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 15:33 - 13 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

What it doesn't tell you is all those 10,000 go to work on the same bike. only the ride where a helmet.

crowe
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:20 - 13 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that the most common bike in that country will probably be less than a 200cc, so less 'major'( Hurt ) crashes will occur?

el_oso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 13 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with crowe. car taxes out there are ridiculously expensive so everyone has 125cc's that make it to 30-40mph. not much different from riding a bike (cycle). 30mph is easily reached on a road bike.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:11 - 14 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest its a matter of personal safety, you're not harming anybody else by not wearing one, being legally forced to wear a helmet is wrong IMO

Before somebody tries to make the connection, it's not the same as driving without a seatbelt (or at least not when you have passengers in the car) because in a bad crash you're pretty likely to smash into one of the passengers and cause them some pretty bad harm.

c_dug

aciduzzo
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:42 - 14 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

yeh, how RIDICULOUS.

Alexio
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 15 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

aciduzzo wrote:
bhinso wrote:

yeh, how RIDICULOUS.

It's either non-discrimination or racism (once you look at their increased casualty rate) either way you look at it Laughing Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 343 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1