Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

need more speed!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

motorbikecycl...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:34 - 16 Jul 2007    Post subject: need more speed! Reply with quote

Hi
i got my first road bike and got it bored to 65, sport exaust an k&n but still only does 50/55 at a push, i just need to be going faster! has anyone got any cheap tips i could do to it?
cheers
louis

Dischord
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:54 - 17 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy a bigger front sprocket

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos

Tom C RX50
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 01:42 - 29 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

putting a k&n filter on it will of made it a lot slower if you havnt changed the jet in the carb yet?!?!?!?!

if you havnt then the engine will be getting too much air and become laggy, change the jet for a larger one and fiddle with the mixture screw till it runs right, you need to check the plug to do this. if its black its running too rich, and if its white its too lean, i bet if you take ur sparkplug out now it will be running too lean, ie not enough fuel.

good luck and keep my posted, btw what bike you got?
**FOR SALE** Aprilia RX50, full system gianelli exhaust, 70cc MK big bore, MK pro race filter, 20mm Dellorto carb, aftermarket sticker set, small plate, carbon look indicators, new rear tyre, years tax and mot, new chain and sprockets, very fast bike. 1200 ono **FOR SALE**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dudeskin
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:00 - 02 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait untill you're 17 mate, n do your test. then get something a bit more worthy of speed. you're doing pretty well to get that out of it anyway by the sounds of it. what bike is it?

dudeskin

Shaane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 02 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ID leave it as it is. By tuning it you will or have most probably decreased the value of the bike. Id wait until your 17 then think about spending more money on your new bike etc. Rather than wasting it on a bike you wont have for very long.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 16:18 - 02 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dischord wrote:
buy a bigger front sprocket

Maybe, or maybe a smaller front or bigger rear. Is the bike revving out in 6th?

Tom C RX50
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:44 - 02 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

how does that make any any sense joe? lol

if he did what you describe he wud be increasing his acceleration and decreasing top end, the opposite of what he wants to do!!

think of a push bike, when you want to go faster you change onto a bigger cog on the front, and a smaller on the rear, so give this a try. It will be slightly slower on acceleration but have a few mph more top end, providing the engine has enough power and can already reach the top of its last gear already?
**FOR SALE** Aprilia RX50, full system gianelli exhaust, 70cc MK big bore, MK pro race filter, 20mm Dellorto carb, aftermarket sticker set, small plate, carbon look indicators, new rear tyre, years tax and mot, new chain and sprockets, very fast bike. 1200 ono **FOR SALE**

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 20:59 - 02 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom C RX50 wrote:

if he did what you describe he wud be increasing his acceleration and decreasing top end, the opposite of what he wants to do!!

think of a push bike, when you want to go faster you change onto a bigger cog on the front, and a smaller on the rear, so give this a try. It will be slightly slower on acceleration but have a few mph more top end, providing the engine has enough power and can already reach the top of its last gear already?

That's why I said maybe. If the bike isn't revving to the redline in top gear then you might be able to get a few more MPH by actually downgearing slightly.

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 21:04 - 02 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom C RX50 wrote:

Just to reinforce Joe's comment somewhat.

I've down geared both my CB-1 & R6 and have gained a couple of MPH on the top end due to the engine being able to rev all the way to the limiter in top gear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tom C RX50
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:46 - 04 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah fair point, i spose we are both right then. If the bike has enough power to reach the top of 6th already, then upgearing it will obviously increase the top end, whereas like you and joe say, if it cnt reach the top of 6th then a downgear will make it easier for the engine to get those few more mph.

I retract my statement, and agree in some respects Razz . though it seems our advice is not worthy as we are yet to have a reply or a statement as to what bike hes riding and an answer to our questions, some people are so ungratefull Rolling Eyes

Cadman
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 240 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1