Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Actually Starting Motocross .

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

sammurphy
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:02 - 09 Aug 2007    Post subject: Actually Starting Motocross . Reply with quote

I have been looking for motocross tracks in kent and found a few and great . I have not looked round any of them yet but i will hopefully do that on saturday ( Canada Heights if anyone is gonna be there )

Im wondering on how i actually get started in motocross . someone told me off road experience would not be good for me as i havent road a bike before but i thought the experience was to teach you to ride one ?

Im not interested in buying one at the moment im just looking at going to places to hire a bike and riding to get a feel of what motocross is actually about . then move onto backflips and whips . you know normal stuff Razz ( joke btw. if no one got that Very Happy )

Wondering if anyone can help and if you got msn please give it to me to talk on there aswell .

Thanks alot .

saM

Blink
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:45 - 09 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll soon learn how to ride quick enough, even if you haven't before.

It'll be a while before you're doing flips though! Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:28 - 09 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know anyone that could lend you a bike to mess about with on some waste ground or similar?

If not, I'd be tempted to look at getting a very cheap bike to do this - even something like a properly geared pit bike would probably do and can be got from just over £100 second hand for a working one these days (but not great quality). Or something like a field CG125 if you can't find a cheap off-roader.
This would probably be cheaper that paying people a lot of money for bike hire and tuition to learn the basics that aren't very complicated.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 257 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1