BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ccm 604e

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

steveh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:01 - 30 Aug 2007    Post subject: ccm 604e Reply with quote

Well should be getting myself a CCM 604e sm soon, so im after peoples views on them ect.

CCm 604e sm
talon wheels
crash bobins, forks, swinging arm
remus can (loud)
re jetted
1998 with 8k on the clock

great condition for 1400 (were i work)

i think its about right, anyone had one, ridden?

im hoping its a wheelie machine, if not its gearing time.

Steve.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:19 - 30 Aug 2007    Post subject: Re: ccm 604e Reply with quote

Haven't ridden that one, but been looking into CCMs a bit recently.

It's the rotax engine which is a bit more powerful than the Suzuki but less reliable as well.
It weighs an acceptable amount, but not proper supermoto low (around 135kg).

It's no where near a 'decent' supermoto but should make an acceptable road machine if you can keep it running ok.

It won't wheelie as easily or well as a decent sports 600+ or a comp bike based supermoto - however it should be at least acceptable.
My Suzuki DR600 which weighed similar but with less power wasn't massively easy at keeping wheelies up, but the fact that you had to work a bit improved my skills doing them.

As it's not too heavy, should also be ok for some green laning if you get some trail wheels for it (not too expensive usually).

CCMRiders is worth a look, just don't mention you know the keyboard short "Ctrl+C" Smile.

steveh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:43 - 30 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah its the rotax lump, are there anythings to look out for?
I really love the look of it, and will be using it to play with really, wheelies stoppies and practise "backing it in"

plus it matches my sports bike in colour Cool

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:49 - 30 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure myself as I was looking at the Suzuki engined bikes.
Do check prices though. My 404e with supermoto and trail wheels was £2k for a 1900 mile 04 model. A very good price compared to similar DR400s which share the engine with worse suspension, however it may mean there's some even better deals about for the older bikes, especially with the one set of wheels (though as I say, the trail wheels shouldn't be too much if you do want them at some point.)

Their bikes (especially the 404) do seem to fit in a niche that there aren't many other options - not stupidly powerful or tuned and neither light weight nor really heavy (though the 404e's 119kg claimed isn't doing too badly).

As I say, it's not going to be an amazing play bike, but then nor should it be too bad either.

steveh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 31 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

well stepping from a sports bike, it should be okay, btw, its a 2001 model with 8k, was thinking of a different bike.

aslong as can hold its own im not to fussed, im a fairly quick rider on the road so i might have to boss it alittle.

but for the price and age its okay for now, cheers for your advice buddy Thumbs Up

Lanny
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:49 - 31 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to change the oil regularly (use mineral oil) and check wether the cambelt has been changed (due at about 6000)

Oil change is a bit of a pig to do, but you can download the method from the owners club

I`ve got the 640RS and it wheelies like fook Shocked

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 21:37 - 31 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanny wrote:

Even with a man of your 'stature' onboard? Blimey, must be good. Wink

Lanny
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:44 - 31 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

McJamweasel wrote:
Lanny wrote:

Even with a man of your 'stature' onboard? Blimey, must be good. Wink

TART Middle Finger

Laughing

steveh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:43 - 01 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the bike first came in, i did oil changes ect in the workshop, so i know exactly whats been done, if theres anything wrong ect, before i even thought of buying it.

all that catches my eye, is the fork seal may need doing at some point, its not leaking, but gets a little bit of residue on it now and then, nothing major.

Steve.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 232 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1