Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Engineers Reports

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

gmanxiii
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:26 - 12 Sep 2007    Post subject: Engineers Reports Reply with quote

Im looking around for insurance companies at the moment that will insure a Cat C written off bike but does anyone know of any that will cover but without an engineers report?

Just had a little chat with carol nash who wanted one so i said, as long as the bike has a new and current mot then its road worthy so what would an engineers report add? They couldnt answer me...

I'm very close to completing rebuilding my little 30 but abit reluctant to throw anymore money at her. If I opt to get a report, do i get the Engineers report done first and then MOT or the other way round or does it not matter? And how do i go about getting the report? do i just ring the guys up and they come take it away?

Im split now whether to carry on throwing money at her and with all the hassle or just breaking her and selling up even though ive spent hundreds putting her back together again with new panels and stuff. Sad

VFR400NC30 > ZZR600 > CBR600FX > CBR1000rr

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 12 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

track bike?

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 12 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

My NSR has just been declared a cat c, if I get any hassle insuring it I'll track it.

gmanxiii
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 12 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:
track bike?

i'd love to at some point but im i feel im a bit too new an inexperienced to start yet even though it would be an ideal bike to do it with.

At the moment im thinking of just using it as a cheap bike to get back on and commute with. Only thing is its not really getting very cheap at all now... could of bought another bike with what ive spent so far!

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 12 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

track bike's are easier than road bikes as you don't have to worry about lights and that.......just the bare essentials....

gmanxiii
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 12 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, its about 99% complete and ready got all electrics and stuff, but im a fairly new rider, know absolutely nothing about going and participating on a track. and the bike was my only form of transport so its not like i can go carting it there myself Sad

think if i decided to track it, it would be sat in my garage for years until i think right im ready i'll go do it. or just end up breaking her anyway. if you get what i mean? I'd love to start but i just dont feel im in a position, skill and money wise to start doing it yet...

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 202 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1