Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I love engine bars....but bloody hate women!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 19 Sep 2007    Post subject: I love engine bars....but bloody hate women! Reply with quote

Yep, i came a cropper again.

Going to college, started raining and then realised i had forgotten my bag, turned around and headed home.

About 1km from my house is a longish straight (750m or so) that is a 30 limit, on a slight hill (i was going down). Now, i was doing the speed limit, if anything slightly over by about 3mph max.

Well, checked my mirrors and my clock as i do every so often, look up and there is a big muff off 4x4 scenic thingy reversing out of her drive...i was thinking WTF, anyway rolled off the throttle and went onto the rear brake (road was getting a bit wet now) and thought 'i aint gonna stop in time, oh fuck'. So i grabbed a handful of front brake like a right mongoose.

Well, all i remember is me shouting 'oh crap here we go' and me doing about 10-15 rolly pollys down the road and seeing my bike slide further away.

I'm laying there with my eyes closed just thinking to myself 'i am alive aren't it. Or am i? I must be because i'm talking to myself'. Well i hear this 'oh know, are you ok', sounded like a youngish bird...open my eyes and there she is, in her dressing gown.......result!

Anyway, the silly bint came accross and didn't even say 'are you ok'...i just felt like punching her in the tits (and grabbing the fit birds tits at the same time i must add). She fecked off and moved her car (wtf) while this nutter phoned an ambulance and my dad.

The reason i said 'wtf' about her moving her car is aparently my bike slid into her car. The cops turned up (hey i even got an unmarked car aswell..better than my last off, i only got 3 cars, this time it was 4 Cool Laughing )..well they turned up about 2 mins after the ambulance....no spinal board or neck collar this time. Only i couldn't feel my left hand, all down the right hand side of my body was hurting and my bollocks hurt (hmmm ok, oh and before you ask....i'm pretty sure i can still have kids Laughing )

Went into the back of the ambulance and got my pulse, BP and chest reps and stuff taken...got given this huge muff off form and told the cops want to see me (was thinking oh balls....what they gonna do now)

Well, he asked me to get in the back of his car and said 'right sir, i am gonig to talk to you about your bike and your insurance'

'firstly the bike, i noticed the front tyre has a lack of tread depth' (this is where i said 'you fucking what?' and i think it set the tone a bit) So got a bollocking there.

The tyre was 100% legal but was trying to say it wasn't, when clearly he can't read the depth thingy me bob. Then he said my rear brake doesn't work...hmm, i can assure you it does you tit! Because i started slowing down when i applied it before i tummled off. He then said 'i know it doesn't work as i road your bike from there (points to middle of the road) to here (where my bike was now)'

I was thinking touche..got you now 'so officer, you rode my bike without my permission, you rode my bike with no helmet and no insurance, and most likely not a valid CBT or full license....all on a public highway!

Well, he shut up and got my insurance details, i got hers (in this funky RAC book with a free pen i must add Cool )

My dad turned up, moaned at me and started giving my abuse as usual lol...and then the tight cunt made me push my bike home!!! (i only live down the road but still...he missed out on the fish butty on the way home Smile )

Anyway, fully inspected the damage when i got home, the list is -

Even more ground away axhaust
Ground away engine bars
Ground away rear crash bars/pannier holder thingy
2 totally destroyed panniers (hard plastic you see)
Minor scuff on bar end (i almost cried Razz)
Nice big flat spot on front tyre (now replaced with a new bt45 which seems weird Confused )
Mangled reg plate
Mangled l plates (F+R)
Nice big hole in my frank thomas goretex jacket (hey it was free...old man gave it me after i came off in it the first time...but the armour did its job Smile )

My head appears to have gone down but very likely as there are only 2 'deep scratches' on it. I am reluctant to use it again but i have no choice until i can afford to buy a new one (and the old man says he has paid for enough so i can buy one myself damnit)

Anyway, we are reluctant to go at the silly bitch for insurance, as she was at fault for reversing out without looking but then her insruance would say i should of been able to stop in time/going to quick for the conditions.

And if they get hold of the silly cunt coppers report, they will see he said i had a defective rear brake and dodgey front tyre.

Gonna go pay her a visit tomorrow, see what she wants to do. Oh yeah, regarding her 'damage'. There are about 4/5 really light scratches on her rear bumper (it is one of them matt black plastic bumpers), she said there was some red paint on her car from my bike, hmm i doubt it bitch there is no paint been removed from my bike.

I dunno what to do, anyway, sorry for the long ramble but i am bored, i've eaten to many spogs and crap and needed somet to do so there you are.

Have a nice evening and get the beers in Smile

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 19 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, here is a big off google maps.

I am the red square, she is the blue square. Bearing in mind it was wet, and she didn't exactly reverse out slowly, she was on a mission (if a car had been coming the other way, it could of been a lot nasiter!

The road isn't really wide as it looks, there is a pavement (on the top of the picture) so on my left (i was going to the right of the picture). The pavement is actually wider than the road.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:02 - 19 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

unlucky ,

but

If this is a common occurance (I can't recall your last off) I think your next bike should have ABS
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dabigginger
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:16 - 19 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your accident, bud. It may be worth getting an opinion from a proper bike garage about your tyre (if you still have the old one kicking about) and rear brake. If your front tyre is below the limit, that probably won't work in your favour. One thing definitely worth noting is that it is illegal to reverse onto a main road (this includes reversing out of your driveway) for the very reason that you can't see clearly when doing so!

I don't know what other advice to add, but I hope it works out for you.

I would definitely get a new lid pronto, even if it is a cheap £30 to tide you over until you get some money together for a better one.

nynfortoo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:51 - 19 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the mechanical nonsense aside: are you okay? You said you couldn't feel your hand. I assume it wasn't anything serious.

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 19 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy - my last off was in the wet aswell, bus pulled out and the car in front slammed on. I tried to avoid and locked up and went into her.

I really do think i need ABS Laughing

I don't know if you could call it a main road (its Ravensthorpe road in Thornhill Lees, Dewsbury if your wondering) The old tyre was a bit on the worn side but i am told it was 100% legal (1mm tread on 75% of the tyre or something silly like that)

The rear brake definatley worked before i came off, but when i got the bike home and into the garage, the lever went all the way down without even operating the cable. Pulled off the drum and looked at the pads and stuff, put it back on and voila, it worked Confused

About my hand, yeah i regained feeling after about an hour (quite awkard signing the ambulance form thingy though...good job i can use both hands hey Smile )

I do have another lid kicking around but its a bit to small for me (its weird, it fit me perfect when i got it...came off holiday and it was to small for me, gives me headache after about 15/20 mins)

I need to go produce my documents and stuff tomorrow, or friday aswell. Oh yeah, as the copper got her details at her house, she was able to give her policy number etc there. But, i wasn't able to (no normal person knows their insurance policy number off by heart do they) so will she get that off the police or will she have to contact me for it?

I was thinking the insurance probably will say its 50/50 (i was going to fast for the conditions or something and she should have looked).

Oh yeah, regarding the tyre and rear brake, the copper said if they are going to take action regarding 'me not keeping my motor vehicle in a roadwort condition' then i will get a fine/court summons through the post within 90 days, if i don't hear anything (which i bloody shouldn't!) then good.

But, if i do end up going to court, i will state the fact that he rode my bike without my permission, no helmet, no insurance and no doubt no valid CBT/full license.

Its a shame HG won't give me credit, i need some new leathers and a lid Mad

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:16 - 19 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it with these people who have to drive into their drives and then cause havoc when trying to reverse out. Also what is she doing reversing right across the road ?

Could be if you have a hydraulic rear brake that while its been laid on its side its lost some braking effect. If the tyre was illegal they would have done you for it. Best guess is it was close to limit.

Push her for replacement parts as she is at fault for reversing out without making sure its safe to do so. If she won't cough up go the ins route, making sure your injuries play up a bit.... When you see her.

MoshizZ
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:33 - 19 Sep 2007    Post subject: Re: I love engine bars....but bloody hate women! Reply with quote

MattHirst wrote:
(in this funky RAC book with a free pen i must add Cool )

Im sure you get a keyring with the AA, you missed a trick there mateyy..

Get some pics of the damage if you have a spare min?

Im sorry about the bike, i hate bints who do that, someone without lights on at 5pm in december slammed her brakes on yet i got the blame AND a freakin claim...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Noxious89123
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:52 - 19 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact the copper said "your rear brake doesn't work" make me think wtf....

My response to him would be something along the lines of "it's just been down the road, what do you f'king expect!"

St0rmer66
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 19 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noxious89123 wrote:
The fact the copper said "your rear brake doesn't work" make me think wtf....

My response to him would be something along the lines of "it's just been down the road, what do you f'king expect!"

My thoughts exactly, it's just been crashed; what did he expect?! Rolling Eyes . Also, did you keep the front tyre? Might need it for proof of it not being too worn if it goes to court.

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:31 - 20 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not if the rear break worked or not that is the issue here IMO (which should be working.. ), Glad you are ok btw Razz, but why did you use the rear brake to slow down when theres clearly a hazard, easy to say as i wasent there but straight onto the front brake, shifting weight forward gradually/exponentially increasing the pressure till you stop, even in the wet the front brake is your best bet in a straight line as it seems to be in this case, unless there are man-holecovers/potholes/etc...

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:50 - 20 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

k'inell matt, you at it again? Razz Hope your ok, and this goes through quickly in your favour. You will get her details from the coppersm, as she will yours. (Could of blamed grabbing her tits on shock) keep us posted. Laughing

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 20 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i already have her details (inc ins policy number) but all she has of my details is name, address and ins broker name (i didn't have the policy number to hand)

I don't have the tyre still (which is a bit stupid of me). If anyone knows national tyres in barnsley...its probably in the tree by now Laughing

I have removed my panniers and stuff (which were the most damaged) but i still have them in the garage so can take pictures.

I don't know what to do to be honest.

Oh, regarding using the rear to stop....i am scared of using the front in an emergancy stop situation when its wet, due to what happened last time i did that Crying or Very sad

Edit - Regarding injuries, i felt ok this morning but now my hip clicks (look down below this paragraph) and my shoulder aches like mad after being at work all day (lifting 'cylinders' into machines all day...they are fairly heavy Laughing ). Oh yeah speaking of work, i turned up at 6 and the supervisor said 'what the fuck you doing in? You're meant to be off sick' Oh thats nice you of, he could of told me before i went in lmao.

Anyway, about the hip, when i came off in october 06, ever since my hip has clicked when i walk and if i walk any excessive distance it gets quite uncomfortable. Well, it clicks even more than it did before now Laughing

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 20 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bollocks

You are being intimidated.

Screw them, go for the insurance.

As for the rear brake being defective - the point is that the bike had just had a crash - so it shouldn't be expected to be right.

Oh, yes that reminds me. Take the collar number of the Officer fuckihng around with your bike and make an offical complaint. Especially as the Bike was no longer in a road worthy condition.

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 17:54 - 20 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattHirst wrote:
...Oh, regarding using the rear to stop....i am scared of using the front in an emergancy stop situation when its wet, due to what happened last time i did that Crying or Very sad

Stopping in the wet IMO is 60% front and 40% back brake.
Squeeze the front until it bites and then squeeze some more. Use the rear to control.

Hope you're ok and bike gets sorted Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:03 - 20 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:
Bollocks

You are being intimidated.

Screw them, go for the insurance.

As for the rear brake being defective - the point is that the bike had just had a crash - so it shouldn't be expected to be right.

Oh, yes that reminds me. Take the collar number of the Officer fuckihng around with your bike and make an offical complaint. Especially as the Bike was no longer in a road worthy condition.

i got his number (he put it in the rac book as the officer that took details etc'

But if i make an official complaint...he really will screw me over for everything he can Sad

dabigginger
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:45 - 20 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattHirst wrote:

I don't know if you could call it a main road (its Ravensthorpe road in Thornhill Lees, Dewsbury if your wondering)

By definition, a main road is one that is bigger than the one that it is connecting to. So, reversing from your driveway onto the road, be it a country lane or the M25, is a main road, which is illegal.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:49 - 20 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattHirst wrote:

But if i make an official complaint...he really will screw me over for everything he can Sad
If you make a complaint, this might go in your favour, as he will probably inform the ins co. of his "conclusion" anyway, he had no right, legally or morally to be using your bike, technically TWOC.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 21 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabigginger wrote:
MattHirst wrote:

I don't know if you could call it a main road (its Ravensthorpe road in Thornhill Lees, Dewsbury if your wondering)

By definition, a main road is one that is bigger than the one that it is connecting to. So, reversing from your driveway onto the road, be it a country lane or the M25, is a main road, which is illegal.

Is that true? Shocked

Peter3hg
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:54 - 21 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:

Is that true? Shocked

It is a common myth that it is illegal to reverse onto a main road. It isn't but they may do you for driving without due care and attention if you cause an accident because of it.

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 21 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:
Stopping in the wet IMO is 60% front and 40% back brake.
Squeeze the front until it bites and then squeeze some more. Use the rear to control.

I'd say 50/50 front/rear - and just like everythign else i the wet the aim is to keep it as smooth as possible.

You aren't going to get away with not using the front until you are profficent in engine braking - not something you really be doing if only because the closer you ride to test standard now the fewer bad habits you'll have to shake before taking your test.

You need to use the front - it is where most of your braking potential is located for all sorts of reasons - physics being a mjor one.

i got his number (he put it in the rac book as the officer that took details etc'

But if i make an official complaint...he really will screw me over for everything he can Sad[/quote]

Nothing any worse will happen to you, and what he did was out of order. He shouldn't be shovelling shit your way then make a complaint that he is vicitmising you because you've made a formal complaint about his behaviour.

And this is what you do each and every time until they realise that you aren not just going to give up and go away.

Ghandi made Britain give up India using passive resistance - you've just got to deal with an organisation that is concerned about its public image.

Sorry I had to go do some worek just then.

Right what I was going to say was that the bike had just been in a crash - there was no way it should have been ridden by anyone until it had been given a safety inspection - especially as it was ridden on the road by the officer.

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S

Last edited by Kal on 17:35 - 21 Sep 2007; edited 1 time in total

gadfium
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:11 - 21 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is illegal (I am 95% sure) to reverse onto a main carriageway/road.

WTF didn;t that useless t1t of a plod not throw the book at th driver? You would have been better off to have ploughed into the side of her car...at least then it would be 100% her fault.

it boils my p1ss that if you drop your bike taking evading action, then she walsk off scotch free (assuming that I have read your post right?)

Peter3hg
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:14 - 21 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

gadfium wrote:

WTF didn;t that useless t1t of a plod not throw the book at th driver? You would have been better off to have ploughed into the side of her car...at least then it would be 100% her fault.

it boils my p1ss that if you drop your bike taking evading action, then she walsk off scotch free (assuming that I have read your post right?)

From the Police National Legal Database (whatever the fuck that is supposed to be).

Quote:
It is not illegal to reverse into a main road but it is not advisable. This is for safety reasons. The main road is likely to be very busy and there will be an increased chance of a collision due to the presence of more cars on the road. If an accident occurred due to you reversing onto a main road from a minor road then there may be the possibility of you being prosecuted for driving without due care and attention.

gadfium
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:21 - 21 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter3hg wrote:

Quote:
It is not illegal to reverse into a main road but it is not advisable. This is for safety reasons. The main road is likely to be very busy and there will be an increased chance of a collision due to the presence of more cars on the road. If an accident occurred due to you reversing onto a main road from a minor road then there may be the possibility of you being prosecuted for driving without due care and attention.

Cheers mate....well spotted.

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 21 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

gadfium wrote:

I don't know what the police said to her but i have her insurance details and she has mine (apart from the policy number but i have produced my documents now at the copshop)

I thought afterwards i would of been better just t-boning her but i would of probably broken my neck or something crazy Surprised. And, my bike would of probably most definatley been off the road and i need it for work (and as i am on L plates, i believe they don't give you a courtesy bike) Sad

I don't know what is happening, i don't know what to do. My dad said he is gonna see her and see if she just wants to ignore it (let her repair her damage and i repair mine), but i must add, my dad is a complete arse bandit. I don't want to let it blow away.

But then again, if i get the insurance involved (unless she is willing to cough up a nice bit wad of cash) then they will see the police report which states (according to pc fender bender) that i had a dodgey front tyre and defective rear brake.

Speaking of the police report, they haven't even taken a statement off me (they did last october when i came off)

Heeeellllpppp (no, i'm not a fish!)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2