Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How much for this?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

KLR600
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:09 - 16 Oct 2007    Post subject: How much for this? Reply with quote

Right-o, my friend has in his garage a Husaberg FS650 supermoto with about 3K on the clocks with the V5 in generally good condition EXCEPT for the camchain snapped and went out through the top of the head. He's said to me that Dave Clarke can source a new Husaberg head for £650 or an entire new engine for £800, I have no idea if that includes fitting and whatnot.

Aside from that, as far as I know, everything is in good condition so I'm wondering how much it's worth?

I've seen them go for about £2k on ebay in average condition and I think he paid about £2,400 about 18 months ago for it (but it was working fine when he had it).

Kiss_My_Rs
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:21 - 16 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probly looking at £900 if he's lucky.

New owner will need to replace engine and labour charge for the fitting, unless they do it.

So that will reduce the sale price quite alot. If he can get the engine and fit it himself he will probly get about £2100.

KLR600
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 16 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Thumbs Up

Is it definitely an engine replacement job? I've seen the head and there's a big hole in it but I'm not too savvy on engine work.

I know that even if it worked he'd be selling it now as he want's something else but as the engine is in bits at the moment and he has no money to fix it it's just sitting there not doing anything so I was wondering about making him an offer as he probably wouldn't refuse if it wasn't too silly.

Kiss_My_Rs
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:38 - 16 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was my bike id rather pay that little extra and get a brand new engine for it. Makes sence in my eyes when the diffrence between geting a head and a full engine is £150.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 193 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1