Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

chain adjustment?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Gary SuperSprint
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:20 - 17 Dec 2008    Post subject: chain adjustment? Reply with quote

hi all,
i have got to adjust my chain for the 1st time soon as i just noticed it is really, really slack. Is there a way i can do the job without using a paddock stand? The NSR's on got a side stand. step by step would be great. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:10 - 17 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are supposed to do it on the side stand anyway , as if you have the rear wheel off the ground it isn't in its natural resting state , and therefore it maybe the correct tension with the rear wheel off the ground but when the wheel touches the ground it compresses the shocks and puts it out of kilter yet again , on the CBR I adjust the chain on the centre stand, put it on the side stand check and put it on the centre stand again to adjust.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

olliecpisx08
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:49 - 17 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

best way is to loosen your main wheel nut but not talke it off just loosen and then count the turns of the smaller bolts on the sides as you turn them (do both the same amount Very Happy ) best thing is to be sitting on it then look with your foot or hand if you can reach or get somebody to see is if there is enough play in the longest part, its about half an inch, to an inch isnt it ?

then tighten them all up and your away. hope that helps?

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:00 - 17 Dec 2008    Post subject: Re: chain adjustment? Reply with quote

Gary SuperSprint wrote:
hi all,
i have got to adjust my chain for the 1st time soon as i just noticed it is really, really slack.

Your also supposed to check it weekly and make sure it is at the correct tension as if it comes off and locks the back wheel up you will be off.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 171 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1