Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

upjetting carb on NSR to 150

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

wcr
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:36 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: upjetting carb on NSR to 150 Reply with quote

NSR 125 (2002) French import

Mods so far -
Intake restriction removed
Boysen reeds
Tyga 150 full exhaust
Cdi bridge cut
150cc piston and cylinder fitted
carb fitted with 138 main jet/45 idle/42 power

What is the correct jets for NSR 125 standard carb running 150cc? Or bigger carb?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

alains
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:41 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will try 145 & 150 main , 45 slow is correct , 70 power (42 is too small) . which kit have you got ? polini or tyga

wcr
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 02:07 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

alains wrote:
i will try 145 & 150 main , 45 slow is correct , 70 power (42 is too small) . which kit have you got ? polini or tyga

Thanks, have now ordered these from dellorto

150 kit was from stan https://www.stanstephens.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 03:40 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

*RE*jetting FFS.. Rolling Eyes

alains
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 10 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes , it's polini 153cc . piston diameter 60mm good kit , probably the best because valves are in it .

wcr
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:41 - 11 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:

Save your spamming for another topic numb nuts Very Happy

Oh and in my garage we class re-jetting as part of a carb overhaul, replacing the same size OEM jets with the same size jets.

Up-jetting is going upwards in size of the jets when modifying the carb. Increasing something in the tuning world tends to be called 'upping'

Back on topic....

I'm looking for a billet clutch basket and uprated plates, anyone know where to get them?

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 05:09 - 11 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know how you get on if you ride over some nails & down-air your tires... Rolling Eyes

wcr wrote:
Up-jetting is going upwards in size of the jets when modifying the carb. Increasing something in the tuning world tends to be called 'upping'

Thank fuck you told me that! I've only been building race engines for thirty fucking years..

wcr
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 03:19 - 22 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:
I've only been building race engines for thirty fucking years..

Laughing

Building lawnmower engines in your back garden doesn't really count...

30 years, huh? You must have a huge wealth of experience then. With an attitude like that I'd say you couldn't even spell detonation, let alone know what it is...

[Que- ZRX61 visits Google to search for "detonation"] Laughing

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 22 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:03 - 22 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:

Yes it is re-jetting not up-jetting always has been. Think it was the ped bois that started that off.

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 21:13 - 22 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcr wrote:
30 years, huh? You must have a huge wealth of experience then. With an attitude like that I'd say you couldn't even spell detonation, let alone know what it is...

And posting up some bollocks about a Supra makes you an expert? If the vehicle is as you claim perhaps you could enlighten us with a small treatise on slot-gap geometry of the dual element wings?

Try to reply in less than 11 days this time please.... maybe learn to think a bit quicker? Wink

wcr
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 02:39 - 23 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:

And posting up some bollocks about a Supra makes you an expert?

No, not at all. I will happily bow down to anyone with a greater knowledge on any given subject.

Quote:
If the vehicle is as you claim perhaps you could enlighten us with a small treatise on slot-gap geometry of the dual element wings?

Go back to your lawnmower engines mate, that doesn't make a ten second car Thumbs Up

A lot of mods I wont go into but the basic spec is-

Head
Decked flat
Titanium valves
Double springs
Ported and polished
Vernier pulleys
APR studs
Tri-layer metal gaskets

Block
Decked flat
Low comp forged pistons
Total seal piston rings
Lightened H beam rods
Billet steel crank and flywheel
Uprated shells and bearings with APR studs
Block wire rung

Turbos
Twin dual ball bearing T34/T35
Internal wastegate
Cut back blades
360 degree bearings

Management
Motac
4 way switchable from in car
Variable valve timing adjustment
Rev limit adjustment
Boost limit & level adjustment
Four maps for use with different fuel grades & types
Water Injection
Nitrous oxide progressive injection
Variable induction control
Launch control
Full throttle gear changes
Road speed limiter removal
Shift light
Idle speed stabilisation

https://www.caldermotor.co.uk/cars/org_K1200HP_6.jpg
https://www.caldermotor.co.uk/cars/org_K1200HP_4.jpg
https://www.caldermotor.co.uk/cars/org_K1200HP_2.jpg

Quote:
Try to reply in less than 11 days this time please.... maybe learn to think a bit quicker?

Unfortunately, we don't all have the time to sit on Internet forums and play the big man, some of us prefer to practice what we preach on the track...

Last edited by wcr on 02:52 - 24 Nov 2007; edited 1 time in total

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 06:12 - 23 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcr wrote:
Unfortunately, we don't all have the time to sit on Internet forums and play the big man, some of us prefer to practice what we preach on the track...

Impressive list. how much did you do yourself?

Still down a bit on the kind of engines I normally fuck about with tho. One of them just won a race at an average speed of 478.394mph (no, thats not a typo) & it wasn't even running 100%. The Nitrous bottles are about the same size as UK emersion heaters & the blower is probably bigger than your entire engine, the carb is about as big as an R1 engine...
As for track:
My local track is Willow Springs. Feel free to show up any time, I'll probably be there at least one day this weekend, maybe both. Wink

wcr wrote:
Go back to your lawnmower engines mate, that doesn't make a ten second car Thumbs Up

Having a quick think about it, that seems to be an awful lot of work you did merely to get a 10 second car. My brother in law managed it by simply dropping a 700hp 454 Chevy crate motor into a '73 Chevelle, strengthening everything between the flywheel & the tires & pouring a bunch of concrete into the bottom of the quarter panels.

wcr
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 02:44 - 24 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engine build and set up by myself, CNC machining and management set up contracted out. The car is now for sale for a fraction of the build cost Cool Yours for £39,995

I guess your doing top fuel/funny car then? Any pictures or videos?

The reason we need more power for a 10 second car in the UK is because big events like TOTB (Ten of the best) state we must run on road tyres (no slicks) so grip is limited. As you know, you can win or loose on the launch alone. Putting over 1000 hp to tarmac through two wheels on road tyres takes a fair bit of practice - my best is 9.130 ET. We also build them to go round corners, the three timed events are-

1/4 mile run
Top speed run (over one mile)
Handling course
Arrow https://www.totb.co.uk/home/

I hear you guys in the US are running 7 second front wheel drive cars ? Shocked The best we can do is a 10.2 with 850bhp on road tyres by Andy N in an MG ZR Arrow
Quote:
His MG ZR with a T series turbo

The run was done with hub packs

The run was done with 2bar of boost and no nitrous

535bhp & 510 lb/ft at the wheels..

another run returned over 600lb/ft

A futrther run was done at 2bar with a 200shot of nitrous, and the dyno packs shutdown due to overload, they max at 800bhp, but the overload was probably too much torque

when the car is run on the strip, it runs at 3bar and 100 to 150bhp of nitrous.. he doesn't know how he is going to get a dyno result for that..

https://www.dragtimes.com/MG--ZR-Drag-Racing.html

Its always going to be easy to build a fast car intended to go in a straight line only, building a car that's fast in a straight line
and also go's around corners is a different matter Thumbs Up

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 00:38 - 25 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcr wrote:
I guess your doing top fuel/funny car then? Any pictures or videos?

Unlimited class air racing. 55 litres. 18 cylinders with turbo compound/super blowers........ & a 1500shot of Nitrous.. Smile (yes, fifteen hundred)

wcr wrote:
I hear you guys in the US are running 7 second front wheel drive cars ? Shocked The best we can do is a 10.2 with 850bhp on road tyres by Andy N in an MG ZR

Don't take much notice of front wheel drive cars TBH. Most of the import stuff is run by mexicans & asians. We do have fairly "stockish" 4 wheel drive diesel pick ups running 10's quite regularly tho.
Guy here in town has a '78 Suburban with a (petrol) 454 running in the 13's. My truck will only run 14's... but thats not too shabby for something weighing 3 tons Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 160 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1