Three men and a dog - project h100

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fawbish
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:59 - 04 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. No probs, its interesting mate.

And if you think of this as doing work....cant wait till you join the real world mate Very Happy but not really Sad

I just got my black visor last weekend at the NEC, and tried it on a small ride last saturday. I had my mate on the back, and we were making our way back past driffield when it got dark - 30 odd miles in pitch black in a dark visor = NOT fun! lol I kept having to pop my visor so I could see properly, and at around 110 (cruising speed) it fucking hurts the ol' eyes. Laughing

Bandito
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:14 - 05 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a H100SII... J reg

was a great little bike, especially once I took off the chinese tyres and put some half decent ones on. Served me well...

only problems I had was the amount of times I had to clean the plugs... and the one time it felt a bit sluggish.. so my dad rammed a garden cane up the exhaust to clear it out and it seemed to add an extra '0' onto the 100.... wheelie tastic!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stalk
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:29 - 06 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chaps!

I think you will find that ratchets are excluded from lifetime warranties due to moving parts and potental for abuse. (we have all put a bit of pipe over the handle for that bit extra at some point)

Halfords pro ratchets appear to be similar in design to the old snap on ratchet, and like snap on you can get a repair kit, its 2.99.

Hope that helps.
Cheers
Stalk

foldy86
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:35 - 22 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I picked up my H100, look at my thread h100s-j!!! theres only 1 pic on there at the mo but more to come! I guess your projects halted till your back at uni after crimbo???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Endless Nameless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 25 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, the frame wouldnt fit in the car (damn corsas) for the journey home, so it's something else to play with when we get back to uni. Frame should be cleaned up and painted fairly soon after, and we'll get the wheels done.

Strongly considering trying to pick up a secondhand engine to bung in and get the bike running, then maybe rebuild our engine over the summer. We arent sure we have sufficient mechanical knowledge to do a full (we think the arse end probably needs a fair amount of work too). Come summer we'll have Spearson's garage to work in, which beats my bedroom, a far better selection of tools and the knowledge that is Spearson's dad!

Next progress update will be in the new year- back daan south on the 7th!

*wanders off to look at foldy's pic*

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:26 - 25 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

puh! this bike will be nothing compared to my RXS100 bought for the same price...

the race is still onnnnn...
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 26 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top thread!

You guys are cool - I want you as housemates!!! Laughing

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 26 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait till January Mudskipper, I could show you photos of my flat and I'm sure you'd take that back Razz , anyway as Matt said we're on holiday at the momnet. Though it's hardly a holiday since my racing printer's broked so I'm stranded in the sticks with nowt to do other than put off doing coursework.

Oh and (other) Matt, when it comes to the race I'm pretty certain our weight advantage will carry the day, since you have an extra two letters on your trim.

Endless Nameless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:48 - 26 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, you would never ever want Tristan as a housemate. He is quite probably the most untidy person I've ever met.

The H100 is in my bedroom. If it was in Tristan's we'd probably loose it... and his room is half the size of mine!

Adam (Spearson) kinda makes up for it by being very tidy and organised though. It's probably worth pointing out that we arent housemates and in fact I live about 10 mins one side of Tristan, and Adam is 10 mins the other side!
Kinda explains why less work gets done when it's pissing it down and Adam cant be arsed to walk to mine.

Spearson
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:57 - 06 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, ha the uni term starts tomorrow, and so does project H100. We have hopefully sourced a secondhand engine in good condition for £75 inc p&p. So once its here the project will really get rolling. Hopefully we shall patch up the frame in the week and get the engine before next weekend. Watch this space.

Oh and any ideas for little things we could do to the bike to make it stand out from the croud will be epic, just remember nothings too insane. Help on a colour scheme would be good too. Very Happy

Endless Nameless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 17 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor update: There are now a pair of honda h100 engines in my room, and I'm still hiding from my landlady. There is also a frame hanging off the washing line with one coat of primer on, before Plymouth did it's thing and rained. Weather's been bloody 'orrible, so not much progress still sadly. Still got a pile of bits to clean up too, but it's starting to look like it might start to look like it's coming together now. I aint got a camera so no piccies, but we'll probably get some at the weekend.

I'm waiting to get paid (should be another 2 weeks) so I can afford my CBT and insurance on the CG. Also needs a new back tyre, then I should be rolling. Tristan's working on getting his test even though neither of his bikes are working, and Adam will get his CBT again (as it's run out) when the H100 is more or less together.

I think that's all the news for now, should have a decent update sunday night, weather dependent. This new engine needs testing!

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 20:47 - 19 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

random plug, but I have a brand new exhaust for one of those, never got round to fitting it before my baby H100 got nicked

Interested at all? I make good price for you.
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Spearson
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:38 - 20 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we took delivery of a shiny new honda H100 engine mid week

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/Spearson18/012008105329.jpg

i lie, we took delivery of a fairly grubby well used honda H100 engine mid week and of course we were anxious to test fit it and see it running. So saturday afternoon was spent fitting the new engine into the frame and getting most of the ancillaries fitted ready to get this beast started Very Happy . Unfortunatly it went dark before i could finish so a tarp was thrown over it and we left it untill sunday. At the start of sunday it was looking a bit awesome

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/Spearson18/012008105311.jpg

as usual everything was made immensly complex by our incompetence, in other words the h100 tank had no fuel in... and the lock is stuck shut, that being the case i swiftly stole the tank of endless namelesses cg and we were in business.

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/Spearson18/012008111129.jpg

Now i know what most people are thinking, those components have just landed there they couldnt possibly be correctly connected, and your right, those soup cans are indeed structual. Anyway after spending a fair while checking everything and putting all the necaccery fluids in etc. it was ready to start. Being good friends wth Tristan we rang him up to say it was ready and did he want to come round to see it started for the first time, he said yeah and he would be across shortly.

...2 hours passed...

when he turned up he was swiftly hit, then we got back to business, connected up the battery turned the key and kicked it over.... and over.... and over you get the idea, rather embarassingly it wouldnt start although there was fuel, oil and compression, but we were unsure as to weather there was a spark due to the thoroughly knackered coil. This is where the project now stands, we will have to get a new coil, ht lead, spark plug etc and hope for the best but soon as the engine is running and we have some nice weather (so i can spray the frame) the project will really get going. Currently its just one stumbling block after the other but it should all be worth it. Hopefully. Laughing

Endless Nameless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 20 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as you can see, the wheels still need a damn good scrubbing too!

Busy few days and a bit of elbow grease required thinks I. Fun!

But yea, mostly weather holding us back at the mo, and the fact that we're househunting for next year, and obviously a yard capable of keeping three bikes is an essential! So that's taking a priority to an extent. Will be continuing with the H100 project as time, money and weather allow. May be a case of throwing it together before we start getting bogged down in revision and aim for working instead of shiny, then when we are back home for summer we'll bung it in adam's double garage (git), strip it down again and tart it all up, just take a week out to sort it properly like. That's the plan anyway.

As for the exhaust, well we'll have to discuss but I reckon we'll stick with ours for now as it's reasonable (relative to the rest of the thing) and will do us for now, we've got enough to throw money at!

Cheers though...

Hopefully another update next weekend.

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:14 - 26 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the fire alarm has kindly woken me up and I need to be up for half six anyway I may as well update this rather than risk sleeping in.

So this thursday we took a trip to the bike breakers, a most excellent place where we picked up a coil/HT lead and a 'seat' (a picture will explain the apostraphies.) Matt went off to lectures for some reason, the odd chap, leaving me and Adam to have a go with our new toys.

I was fairly certain the carb would be solid with muck, so we didnt bother trying to get it running, but Adam is very good with looms, and we rigged up a strange looking way of testing for a spark. Half a dozen kicks later, whilst switching bullet clips around and I got bored so started to clean the engine, another few with still nothing happening and I took a look at the ignition wires, and discovered the brake light was connected to one of the ignition wires ( Mr. Green ) with that in the right place we tried again and got a really really crap spark, but a spark nontheless (with no wiring diagram, which impressed me.)

To top a glorious day as we left Matts house we saw a ped going past, but not any ped. Whilst at the breakers earlier we had seen some tracksuited young gentleman buy it for 'an undred quid' after playing with the levers (without looking at anything vaugely important or hearing it run) and being told it didnt have a V5, not sure why but it was very very funny.

Anyway next on the list I think we shall be cleaning the carb, spraying the frame and giving it a general clean.

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:45 - 26 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys ......Guys..... I dont think that swing arm is connected correctly Shocked

Glad to see the project is up and running again. Keep the write ups and pics coming.

Endless Nameless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pics of yesterday, 'cos it went dark and the CG's 6v headlamps arent much use for, well anything really. But it's now an engine properly in the frame, with wheels and all attached. It's definitely going back together as a working instead of smart bike now; the tidy- up proper will come this summer. Managed to break into the fuel tank (no key for the lock, so I levered it off with a screwdriver and took the lock mech. off, so we can use it at least) and Adam has made a slightly less pikey ignition system. New spark plug and battery also acquired. Having been used to land rover batteries at £60+, i was rather pleased to that this one was more like £6. That said, it's a wee bit smaller...

Need carb cleaner I think, it sparks nicely enough and kicks over fun, but wont run. Gonna have a play with that today, and measure up for some seat brackets. The seat is off an earlier bike, and dont quite fit, but we can sort that out... Adam's in the uni workshops tomorrow and is gonna try smiling nicely. It's got a very solid base with a very tatty cushion, so that's gonna need work too, but it was cheap and decent H100 seat bases dont seem common. Got a 3/4 length fake leather coat from the charity shop yesterday to help us on our mission of seat saving. I might steal it to wear round town in the evening though. That was half price too- I never knew charity shops had half price sales, but apparently they do...

Anyway. Waiting on Adam to appear so we can crack on with sticking it back together (after the all essential coffee and bacon sarnies no doubt) and mebbe having another crack at getting it running. Will get photos today too. The sun's even come out!

Cognitive_Faux
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:43 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys, looks like your avina fair bit of fun, and learning a fair bit too.

keep up the good work :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MrPickle
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:50 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving it guys, I been sitting here gigling for the past 20 mins reading this Very Happy

Best of luck wih it and keep the updates coming Smile Thumbs Up

Endless Nameless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:33 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Amazing what difference turning the fuel tap from "on" to "reserve" makes when the tank's nearly empty isn't it!

Once that was on, it started third kick and runs really nicely.

Photo's later, Adam's just reattaching the front brake, then he wants to do a test run along the alley behind my house. Then we'll probably do some photo whoring out the front with the CG, if it aint gone dark again.

Worth pointing out that, if anything, the bike looks even more of a dog than when we started. The difference is this time round it goes! This thread will be kept going though as we'll attempt to tart it up and turn it from the scruffy mongrel it is now into a, I dunno, prize poodle of summit.

Actually that's a bit camp, and we'd need to tie a bow to it. OK then, we'll turn it into some sort of manly dog that isn't a scruffy mongrel. Possibly.

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:44 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

'ang on... you've got 2 bikes right? would that mean you also have 2 front brake light switches?
if so, £££ for one of them?

oh, and is your clutch fuckered?
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

MrPickle
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:46 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing better than resurecting a dead bike

Congrats chaps Very Happy Thumbs Up

Spearson
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been an interesting weekend of motorbike reassembly, and as usual we have come to the end with far too many bolts left over, but i assume its okay Very Happy . Anyway as Matt said earlier it starts and runs well and having taken it for a quick test ride out back its quite a lot nicer to ride the his CG125 and a lot nippier too.
To keep everyone amused here are some pictures of our escapades;

This one shows our revolutionary new center stand design

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/brianthesnail96/DSC00070.jpg

Heres one of me being confused at the wiring

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/brianthesnail96/DSC00071.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/brianthesnail96/DSC00073.jpg

and finally some arty farty shots of the bikes unfortunately I'm in them which ruins it really

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/brianthesnail96/DSC00077.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/brianthesnail96/DSC00068.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/brianthesnail96/DSC00078.jpg

Don't think this is the end, there is more to come all be it less than what we have been doing. Come summer there will be a full rebuild because we shall be back at home and be able to utilize a garage and a better array of tools so expect more. Finally cheers to all that have commented its been much appreciated Thumbs Up

foldy86
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:12 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realised, your s2 is missing it fancy bolt on frame downtube. A modification only the SJ's had. Made it look i little more like a 'proper' bike. No real purpose though. Well done getting it running. They are pretty nippy for what they are arent they! Does yours hold baack slightly when you first give it a handfull?

Spearson
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:20 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest i didn't give it a handful because the seat wasn't attached, doing so could have lead to hilarious consequences. But from what i have seen when cold it holds back a fair bit, but thats understandable but one its up to temperature its fine
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 95 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4