Three men and a dog - project h100

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

Endless Nameless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:13 - 26 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, cheers!

We are starting to get places, but I've got a new 2 wheeled obsession (watch this space) and the weather's kinda turned against us again. Does have a nice new rear tyre and brake shoes though.

And tit here managed to get the bits we got off eBay, mudguard, pegs etc, sent to his home address, not Plymouth. Drat! Should be here next week, then all thats missing is: 2 indicators, centre stand (ours doesn't seem to be H100- it's too tall and, with the fatter new tyre, bounces off the tyre when it's up!) and technically a seat base that fits, although our silver duck- taped wonderseat will fit with some bodgery, and will do for now. Oh, and for some reason the headlight points in a totally random direction, so we'll need to do some tweaks.

Should be MOT-d by Easter. Will get some more pics when a.) It stops raining, b.) lecturers stop setting in class tests and coursework and c.) Adam and Tristan stop hooning about on my CG/ Tristan's CB500...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pugwash
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:59 - 26 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep at it , this is a great read Thumbs Up

Spearson
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:26 - 22 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Righ now w are ack from uni i have had some time to work on the h100, and good news everybody, its almost finished. If you have read the workshop section you will know im confused by how much suspension fluid is needed but hey ho. Got new rear mud gaurd, frame downtubes and footpegs and i have borrowed the headlamp and a set of indicators off the cg for mot purposes. So now all it needs is the seat sorting, ill have a go at making some brackets, and the stand, which someone has bodged poorly and rubs against the rear wheel. Hopefully over this weekend it should be ready for an mot. Pictures to follow.

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 22 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still watching the thread too...get them pics up as your getting on!! Good luck with getting it on the road!! Very Happy

Spearson
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:13 - 23 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good to hear so many people are following and enjoying this thread, and the good news is its almost road worthy!!! Anyway i have spent the past several days working on the bike its mainly been small jobs but im finally getting there. Finally got my hands on the delivery of parts we ordered ages ago the downside was he forgot to put the bolts in so i have to go get the bolts to fit the freme downtubes and the footpegs, but i have fitted the rear mudgaurd. And here it is sporting it, looking good Cool

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/Spearson18/P1010575.jpg

As you can see theres not much to see difference between now and when we bought it, infact the the sharp eyed among you will realise that it infact now looks alot worse but the important thing is that it works now and works well.

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/Spearson18/P1010574.jpg

A rundown of the things i have done are, Suspension drained and refilled with new suspension fluid, the front suspension is now nice and firm whereas before it was horrible and soggy. Indicators and headlight all wired up and working. Rear mudgaurd, rear light, numberplate, grab rail etc all fitted. Im halfway through making some brackets to fit the seat (still if anyone knows where i could get a second hand h100s seat from it would be appriciated). And today i cleaned the baffels out, good god that made a difference lets just say i now believe people who say these things can power wheelie Shocked .
Just a few odds and sods left to do on it now. The front brake lever could eithr do with replacing or straightening, needs a new headlight bulb because high beam blew. Chain could do with tensioning. Need to get the bolts to fit the pegs and the frame downtubes. And then i finally need to sort out the stand which is horribly wrong, it rubs against the tyre and is vertical when you put it on the stand so it just rolls straight back off again, so if anyone happens to have one lying around send it this way lol. So yeah we are almost there im really looking forward to getting this out on the road now. More updates over the next week or so hopefully it will be booked in for mot by the end of the week, fingers crossed.

Spearson
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:44 - 24 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small update today. Managed to get the seat bodged on, using parts of an old push bike stand Very Happy . But its firmly attached so im happy, also tensioned the chain up. So we are getting ever closer to that mot. I have a feeling that the front forks will need some more work because theres a bit of a sticky bit in the suspension, as in when you push the suspension up and down it doesnt run smooth. So thats another job to be done, its probably something trivial but ho hum.

Spearson
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 26 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i think m there now, just cleaning and presentation left to go, always gives a good impression to the mot guy if your bikes clean Very Happy . Today i have managed to sort out the stand. The previous owner had welded a chuck of metal to it for what i can see no good reason, after about 30 mins of destroying it with a hammer it came off, this also sorted the problem of the stand rubbing against the wheel so all sorted there. Then i went out down to the local fixings shop and bought some bolts to hold the pegs and downtubes on and fitted them. Then it was a short trip across to the bike shop to get a new headlight bulb. And here is how she stands...

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/Spearson18/P1010577.jpg

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/Spearson18/P1010578.jpg

Only real job left to do now is eith buy or straight the brake lever, then its in for an mot. Thumbs Up

AJI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:50 - 26 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin' good, nice to see it running and in one piece after so long. Good luck for when the MOT comes around Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:55 - 27 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me or did someone forget to spay the frame black? Not sure primer grey is that good a look Laughing

Endless Nameless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 27 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bladerunner wrote:
Is it me or did someone forget to spay the frame black? Not sure primer grey is that good a look Laughing

It rained.
We gave up, the new engine turned up, we wanted to test it- and we had a dry afternoon so we just bolted everything together quick!

It'll get painted properly in the summer hopefully, all of it, or next winter when we are in our new student house with garage! For now we just decided to get it working.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

daytona750
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:08 - 15 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh up guys, its been great to read through this project!
i once owned one of these, and it was an absolute loon!
SOOOO easy to wheelie! could keep the front wheel up in second!
but it got a bit tiresome in the end, so i turned the bars over, so my weight was a little more over the front end,turned the gear lever round, and modified the rear brake, so i could use the rear pegs.stuck a cone filter on the carb, and removed the baffles,looked shit, and sounded shit( not really) but i loved it!
i also once was pushing it abit too hard round a long lefthander when the rear lost traction, and i found myself going round speedway style!i wish i could have been one of the people stood at the bus stop on the other side of the road, cos it must have looked ace!
oh happy days!

Spearson
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:44 - 23 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the lack of updates recently had exams at uni so i have been concentrating on them rather than the bike. Anyway got home from uni for the summer on monday and imediatly booked the h in for an mot, i had replaced the parts it had failed on (front forks). Took her down and she passed Very Happy Very Happy . So payed for some insurance and got some new grips scince the old ones were no good and shes ready to go. I'll get some pics up soon its had a new seat fitted as well instead of the ugly silver duck tape seat it had before so its looking alot better now. Thumbs Up

foldy86
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 01 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, youve done well by this little bike!
Not sure if your interested but Im selling mine. Will be on ebay, abit cheeky putting a link to it in your thread so if you want the direct link look at my old thread Wink Good luck guys.

Endless Nameless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:15 - 01 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our's (Adams now) is still waiting on a few bits. Like a bottom end rebuild... I've got a buggered CG to deal with, Tristan has a small fleet of Honda's in varying degrees of buggered so I reckon we'll probably pass on it- but cheers for asking, and good luck with a sale!

foldy86
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:18 - 01 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Wink Wink Its okay Wink Wink Wink

Devans
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:38 - 01 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome read, jut spent a good hour reading through.

Nicely done!

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 01 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great read lads, i have sat here for a good hour just plodding through mainly because the girlfriend is ignoring me but thanks for providing me with entertainment.

This thread is great i would love my own little project but due to me being incredibly skint and only have engineering knowledge of a 1.2 nova engine which mainly consists of taking it apart and then going okay shit what have i done.

But i think its about time i did this thanks for the read lads.

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:50 - 02 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl_steveo wrote:
This is a great read lads, i have sat here for a good hour just plodding through mainly because the girlfriend is ignoring me but thanks for providing me with entertainment.

This thread is great i would love my own little project but due to me being incredibly skint and only have engineering knowledge of a 1.2 nova engine which mainly consists of taking it apart and then going okay shit what have i done.

But i think its about time i did this thanks for the read lads.

With a Haynes manual you can do anything. Especially with something like a H100, very simple engines.

Last edited by ms51ves3 on 14:38 - 03 Jul 2008; edited 1 time in total

Endless Nameless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:32 - 03 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're also incredibly skint and have bugger all knowledge, I say go for it!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4