BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hyosung xrx 125 any good?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 01:06 - 30 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I could google, the Hyosung makes about 70hp at the rear wheel - which isn't far off what I expect the current SV makes at the rear wheels.

Dry mass of the Hyosung is listed at a rather scary 208kgs, rather than the SVs listed 172kg.

The carbed Hyosung engine, if it's anything like the SV, will probably only suffer at extremes of temperature in comparison to an injected bike - ie losing a bit of midrange on really hot days.

To be fair to Hyosung, the RRP they have listed now is actually significantly cheaper than the Suzuki, though I believe it's not usually discounted so much. If they could get it down to £3k new, then I think it'd definitely be standing on a lot firmer ground.

76Blade
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:24 - 31 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

zunkus wrote:
Take it from me mate, I've got both a 650cc and the Hyo, speed trills aside the Hyo is a better trill to ride. Hate to admit it as I love the SV650 to bits, the noise, the power (0-60mph in 3.2sec) but the joy of canning a low power bike to its limits is brill. For the Maltese roads it's the better bike. As you said its new, low priced, upside down forks which work great, a modern dual cam single which came from the same designers/engineers at Suzuki and you've got a year's guarantee. Try to top that with an old heck which you wouldn't know its history and in what state it was ridden or maintained. I was also tempted to buy second hand but the above reasoning ruled it out. Oh, I've got nothing to gain from you buying Hyosung but I think it's the best buy at the moment in its price bracket.

Do you by chance know how much seconds from 0-60mph for the hyosung xrx maybe you tested it ?.

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 31 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 4 stroke 125, if it makes 60 it ain't gonna be quick.

76Blade
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:32 - 31 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that . I was thinking that maybe he did a test , Ok maybe from 0-40mph?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 02:36 - 01 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, if you're bothered, it's probably the wrong bike for you Smile.
It will probably get to 30mph faster than cars that aren't trying Razz.

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 01 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MZ used to make it in about 11-12 seconds. That's got a good 3-4 hp advantage on the XRX, which don't sound much off hand but its about a third more power again.

76Blade
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 02 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Basically, if you're bothered, it's probably the wrong bike for you Smile.
It will probably get to 30mph faster than cars that aren't trying Razz.

I am prepared for its limits - its just a curiousity

stathisgeo
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:22 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: xrx 125sm/d Reply with quote

hi. i live in malta too. i been driving since im half maltese and laws r different outside malta. i wanted to buy a bike but prefer second hand cause of money wise. but i checked round and 2nd hands in malta are or 1) VERY old,2)rented bikes,3) a lot of km on d counter,4)sold out,5)if u come across maybe one that u can close an eye 4..will brk down and cost in total more den new wid repairs + parts expensive from malta + they will take time if u buy from ebay.. but then its up 2 u.den 2 buy a second hand bike from abroad we have a nice rule as maltese know called dazju (taxes) which in total it would cost almost as a new bike + repairs + cant try unless u go abroad..but then again up 2 u..i dnt actucally know which bike i wanted between street 2 offroad. now the thing is i was looking at yamahas hondas and those..here in malta once again the bikes that u find of 125 of gd makes like thsoe in my opinon suck..im not gonna go around wid a crypton r and i look like a pizza man or a kfc dilever hehe..(my opinon) and den d other 125's r so fucking small and slim...so i changed mind(as i dnt want a scooter or a gay little looking bike) to get a road bike or offroad..didnt find much was looking 4 aprilia rs125 2stroke though no deal in malta and went looking if some1 can order 4 me and he said about lm3000 way 2 mcuh 4 a 125 so no thanks..den i spotted dis hyosung...gt125r / gt 250r / xrx 125sm / xrx 125d...basically d gt250r cant get cause of insuracne and age...so between those 3...d gt125r in my opino is nicest though that nice looking bike wid a 125cc (taqa naqra ghan nejk ux)+ cause of d weight a pizza dielievery can beat u although its a 110cc...(not in straight but in maltese roads)..so basically its between d xrx125sm and d xrx125d...not rly big difference..have friend that have them and der quite gd in practically everything was skeptical about hyusoung but when checked around and mechanics..dey actually recommened tehm...there cheaper...d only thing that they have different from yahama and honda is that there not well known in malta...top speed if u compare d bike wid a yamaha same cc and 4stroke..yamaha will beat it at the end but acceleration is d same just final speed...so if about 5-10km/hr difference matters 2 u and price about lm500 more den go 4 yamaha...if it doesnt matter and want 2 save on fuel go 4 d hyusong..in malta u wont need more power as d speed cameras and sleeping policemen will keep slowing u down u need acc which its got...(hope it helped u) in other words its up 2 u...i dnt know how long the engine will last as its d 1st time im looking at hyosung i usally go 4 yamaha ;;..
den u can change some parts which will make it faster if u know about bikes it will be no problem and acutally if u invest and take care of it and cahnge parts instead of stock will make it = 2 yamaha if not better...again dnt know if it will last in engine wise...in frame it sure will...+ d xrx 125sm has more advanced technology
also last thing parts arive 2 malta faster then yamaha and are cehaper 2 exchange so if u crash or have damage its np and after sales is gd..im going 4 xrx 125sm i dont have my own yet as i was using another one of my friend...and imwaiting 4 d container to arrive...and i been swearing looking around 4 insurcane cause i need a car wid it...can any maltese guy help me....?? i hope i have helped u...sry i wrote alot hehe

76Blade
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:36 - 05 Jul 2008    Post subject: The wait is over!! Reply with quote

after a long wait the bike finally arrived!! the ride is fairly good and for the first bike I am happy with it. One problem is that the tyres seem to have little grip - by the way I bought the sm model (started lessons and began to enjoy more on the road Smile )

Any suggestions to what to do ?

garyd
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:31 - 06 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell it and get a Honda

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:46 - 06 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, the obvious thing to do is to get better tyres Smile.
If you list the size of tyres it takes, people might be able to offer suggestions.

Poor quality suspension may also be part of the problem.

76Blade
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:44 - 08 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

the current tyres are shinko nylon tyres. In Malta the roads are glass like surfaced . A friend of mine suggested the Continental Conti go since they are soft and are specially made for light motorcycles.

Well my other new bike is waiting for me in the showroom (New Honda Hornet) Smile , but for now I have to settle with the hyosung which I am enjoying exceept for the tyre problem
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 295 days between these two posts...

zunkus
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:24 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the Hyo's tyres are not high quality items but they do surprisingly well on Maltese roads given that it's not raining or wet with dew. My brother and I always have the throttle on the stop, even round turns and haven't had a moment yet.

The cam chain's started to rattle pretty bad now though. I need to sort that. Think I'll give Stephen, Benny's mechanic a visit next week and see if he can help me sort this out. I'm thinking that most probably it's just a case of changing the cam chain tensioner. The timings also starting to play a bit on idle and even causes the bike to stall at times. All's well when the bike heats up after a mile or so of riding.

Now done over 11,000km and the exhaust can is starting to rust too. I'd like to change that into something a bit better. Maybe eek some more power from the little engine as well.

76Blade
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:56 - 01 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have a new Honda 919 and the Hyosung. The only problems I had is a defective speedo which was replaced after 6months:) after rectifying the fault. When I took the bike for the first service the chain was set too tight, to which I took the bike to steve (mosta ) who readjusted it . I take great care to both bikes since beleive it or not give me equal riding satisfaction (when I go to Apple's eye I feel a bit out of place with the hyo, but what the f**k its my bike and I love it). For riding with friends its not that good (slow).

I don't use it for work and is mostly garaged - rust so far is on the foot pegs. the bike needs about 10 mins work to run smoothly.

also a friend had the same problem (tyres) on his hyosung 250 racer

let me know about your problem (maybe the chain was set too tight!)

satans_BIG_helper
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:10 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mrs has a hyosung RX 125, altho it hasnt been far or done too much (yet) it seems quite decent for the money always starts doesnt miss a beat only set back is trying to get parts for it at times cant be the easiest task Sad.... but so far so good and its not a bad starting point for anyone if you ask me...

o and its not too shabby on the beach heehee not got it stuck yet... where as my 640 ktm is a pig down there Sad
TS 50er >CG 125>AR 125>TZR250> z200(shit heap)> ZXR750 H2 > VT500 FT >XLR250 > Mito125mk1 (unlucky strike) > TZR250 3ma > GS550 > TDR250 > GSXR750 >GS1000 > Elefant 650 > GPZ750 > FZR600>z1000 (03) > KTM 640 LC4
(Yeah i forgot some too :S )

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:23 - 06 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that this thread was posted absolutely ages ago, but i have to post something.

This is one hell of a good bike for the money.

I couldn't be any happier with mine.

Done just over 6600 miles and it's never had a problem at all. The body work is great, the whole bike isn't held together by play dough bolts, it's a well built bike, with a very reliable engine.

Just a fact that i found out before i got the bike:

Suzuki actually signed a contract with Hyosung in the 70's and the engines the Hyosung's have are exact copies of Suzuki engines.

It's got amazing suspension, great brakes, decent top speed (mine does 70mph) it starts first time, EVERY time, the fuel consumption is superb, can do about 170 - 180 miles on 1 tank, it hold 8 litres and does 90mpg. Very good when it comes to petrol.

Extremely cheap to run. Tax is about £20, Insurance £251 and i've still got 3 years left until my next MOT.

Mines a 57 plate, and it truly is a great bike. Don't be fooled by the name, it's not Chinese, it's South Korean, and as i said, is closely connected with Suzuki.

Lots of people are saying to get a Honda, well it's all up to you mate, you probably have one already as this thread was posted yonks ago.

I just want to say as truthfully as i can, this is a bike that won't let you down, look after it and it will go a very long way.

Hope whatever you have now is going good for you mate Very Happy Thumbs Up

Here's a pic of my XRX:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 318 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2