So the FZR project is for sale...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:49 - 14 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

XlonewolfX wrote:
I was untill i mocked it up and it looked wank, then i decided that i should just restore it. And its an 80's bike Wink
I dont mean to sound like a wanker mate, but its not a fighter to me is all, and the back ends of the FZR's are the ugly part in my opinion, if you've not finnished it then why post "finnished" when i replied.
It is a little confusing you must admit. Thumbs Up
Looking forward to the take on of the seat.

I smell beef which isn't edible.
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:47 - 14 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyroforlife wrote:
XlonewolfX wrote:
I was untill i mocked it up and it looked wank, then i decided that i should just restore it. And its an 80's bike Wink
I dont mean to sound like a wanker mate, but its not a fighter to me is all, and the back ends of the FZR's are the ugly part in my opinion, if you've not finnished it then why post "finnished" when i replied.

I smell beef which isn't edible.

Brush your teeth then.

My bike is an 88' model... And i am looking forward to his take on a seat unit, so the bullshit isn't coming from me.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 21:49 - 14 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

XlonewolfX wrote:

Does it really fucking matter?

Get over yourself and stop picking petty fucking holes in peoples threads.

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:53 - 14 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sharing my opinion like the rest of you fuckin cunts do, why dont you do yourself a fuckin favour and shut the fuck up for once.
You dont like reading my posts? Add me to enemy's and dont fuckin read them.

The seats fuckin hidious, always have been.
And a fighter isnt a set of fucking renthals, and twin headlights. Thats a crashed bike disguised poorly.
eat my fuckin balls Middle Finger Mr. Green Middle Finger

Shaane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 14 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

to cool the thread down abit like... Well done or sorting the bike out mate Smile
EMRA Roadstock #92 - Paperwork Permitted.
Previous: 1992 DT125R
Current: ~ 2005 ZX6R C1H
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

400bandit
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:24 - 15 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, cheers. I really do think some people are getting the wrong idea here (not mentioning names...) but it cost me about 600 quid to buy and finish, it's a cheap bike that a little different than an old GS500 or similar (which is probably what 600 would stretch to) It's the first time I have ever done anything major to a bike (I say major, you know what I mean) and it's taught me so much. I know I asked your for your opinions and all and I knew some people wouldn't like, not a problem, at the end of the day I've just polished a turd. I wasn't hoping people to be like OMG you are like a god bike builder OMG OMG OMG.

However, for someone who clearly has seen this thread in its earlier days, knows I said I'd change the seat if funds allow. All was needed to be said was "what happened to the seat conversion" (or similar) to which I would have said it will happen probably around easter - don't think there's need to say "The seats fuckin hidious, always have been.
And a fighter isnt a set of fucking renthals, and twin headlights. Thats a crashed bike disguised poorly.
eat my fuckin balls"

For what it's worth Karma

Joe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:50 - 15 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bike has potential mate and i think you could make it look real nice Smile As for what you've done so far.. Well Done Smile and now... for future reference.. you know what your doing Very Happy

400bandit
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:09 - 15 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a little up date on how I got it to its current state;

After going through the grades of wet and dry it was time to move on to autosol and here's me just starting

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/JoeSnowden/Project%20FZR750/100_0773.jpg

Here it is without flash (looks much better like this, lol)

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/JoeSnowden/Project%20FZR750/100_0774.jpg

After I did it I realised the cast bits looked wank so out with the 80 grit it was and a lot of elbow grease later the cast bits were made shiney

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/JoeSnowden/Project%20FZR750/100_0814.jpg

The polishing is far from perfect (one side is noticably better than the other which gets on my tits) but I was well chuffed considering I've never polished a thing in my life before

After the polish I had to amend my risers as the edges were not bevelled like I asked. I propped a belt sander on its back it worked a treat taking the edges off. After that I just went over in the 120 grit to give it a brushed look (didn't want to polish everything and I think done in the same direction the 120 grit looks quite good) - It's a crap pic mind

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/JoeSnowden/Project%20FZR750/100_0812.jpg

Next on the agenda was the jack up kit. A piece of piss to fit once I got the nuts undone - fook me they were tight. It's not too aggresive like some of the german fighters , I think it makes the bike sit quite well

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/JoeSnowden/Project%20FZR750/100_0813.jpg

The exhaust was in a bit of a sorry state but being stainless it did clean up quite well. Here shows the stages of cleaness

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/JoeSnowden/Project%20FZR750/100_0819.jpg

Santa was good to me this year Cool

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/JoeSnowden/Project%20FZR750/100_0821.jpg

Here's the motor just before putting it back in the frame, it's a little dusty but it shows the area I painted quite nicely

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/JoeSnowden/Project%20FZR750/100_0820.jpg

Now I have a tendancy to get "into it" far too much and thus forget about taking pics. All I can say about putting the motor back in on my own is I was touching cloth most of the time as it was balanced on the trolley jack Shocked

Here she is with her clothes just placed on to keep my morale up!

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/JoeSnowden/Project%20FZR750/100_0827.jpg

She can almost see!

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/JoeSnowden/Project%20FZR750/100_0828.jpg

After much thinking over where to put the indis I noticed that the thread on them was the same as the bolts that held my headlights in place... tada, I just used the indicators instead of the bolts (which were odd any way)

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/JoeSnowden/Project%20FZR750/100_0833.jpg

And then the "current" state is posted a little earlier in the thread. I didn't get any pics of me sorting out the wiring, I just got to it with the old soldering iron and cracked on with the job, found all this quite satisfying really, I didn't think I'd get the front end to look as clean as it does compared with what it was like before, eek!

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/JoeSnowden/Project%20FZR750/100_0743.jpg

Thanks for all the help and advice I got from members on here, would have taken me even longer without you Thumbs Up

Joe

Shaane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 15 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Prefer it with the Twin Headlights to how it was standard Smile Well done <3

Karbon Kid
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:36 - 25 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 400bandit
Just been reading through your project so far and it's looking superb!!! Can't wait to see the finished job.
Nice One Smile Smile Thumbs Up
StevieH

400bandit
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 26 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers StevieH, unfortunately things have slowed down a little as I'm back at uni and have been pretty busy, I've got this weekend to tinker though which is good. I don't think the seat will get done now until i go back home over easter as I just don't have the time, tools or space up here but it will get done I can assure you.

Joe

400bandit
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 06 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now for sale, insurance has basically told me to bend over (to which I reply no...)

Comes with 11 months MOT - Had an advisory on front wheel bearings but I have them here and they will be fitted at the weekend.

Also now has R6 blue spot calipers and new pads on the front, stops really well now (could do with a braided line if you want the brick wall hitting effect)

Open to offers at the moment. A cheap bit of summer fun. Goes well, I'm gutted it has to go, I really don't want to sell it.

Joe

400bandit
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 06 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and get some more pics up at the end of the week (ones out side that don't blur!)

Joe

Karbon Kid
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:06 - 06 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 400 bandit
That is a real shit,that you have got to sell it after all that work.
I'll tell you what mate it looks really nice.How much do they want to insure it.And how much do you want for it?
Karbon Kid

400bandit
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:22 - 06 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm gutted, I really want to keep her. I've got the Bros now for cheap insurance. I got insured on it for like 2 days and then they rang me and said I had entered my claim on there wrong, they said that a theft claim is my fault (I had ticked the no fault box) - what a load of shit. It went from £570 pounds to £1500. It's just not worth it/I'm a student with a shoe string budget.

As for how much I'm looking for, I really haven't a clue. I really don't know what sort of price to put on it. It's not perfect and the final pictures make it look a little better than it is. Things like the polishing, it could be better but it certainly isn't bad IMO. Also, it really needs something doing with the thermostat, I might have a go at doing something with it before I sell as I think it will make all the difference. I've been told that it should be fine to run without one but it might run a little cool (also, apparently you can get around it by putting a reducer in the coolant pipe to slow down the flow) I't would also mean I would need to either get a radiator with a filler cap or get one welded on.

Joe
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 359 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2