Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Not long to wait now, Im getting anxious....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:28 - 27 Nov 2002    Post subject: Not long to wait now, Im getting anxious.... Reply with quote

It seems to have taken a life time but two weeks this saturday and my little NSR will be fully paid for and will leave the workshop. Very Happy I cant wait but im getting quite anxious, I am scared that I will be scared to ride it when I finally get it. (That may sound weird) But it seems as if I have talked about the day I get my first bike for years and very soon that day will be here and I wont know what the hell to do with it. A bike all for me! Laughing I will be spending this winter with a duster and some polish it's going to look as good as new when Lucky and I are finished. I promise you all lots of photo's of us doing it up. We all know how quick two weeks goes by.... Cool

M
Less Clutch Slip!

PostPosted: 19:37 - 27 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I cant wait but im getting quite anxious, I am scared that I will be scared to ride it when I finally get it. (That may sound weird) But it seems as if I have talked about the day I get my first bike for years and very soon that day will be here and I wont know what the hell to do with it.

I know exactly how you're feeling.

Having never ridden a bike before but always wanted to, I passed my test in September. After some serious saving (with a little help from the bank manager) I finally got my first bike in November VFR400 NC30 (bought of Stew who wanted a bigger bike).

At which point I just kept looking at it thinking I'm not sure I can go out on my own I'm too scared. Ride it once and you won't look back. I'm out on my bike now more than Stew is out on his bike. Laughing Laughing It's great Very Happy

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:43 - 27 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew so im not the only one. It sound stupid I love biking I love being pillion I have only ever riden a cg 125 and a hayabusa. Very Happy I enjoyed my CBT and my lessons and I feel at home on a bike. I find it much easier than I do driving a car it feels more natural. I think I am feeling like this just because its been a while I havent seen the NSR for a few weeks when I sat on it even though I wasnt allowed, I felt confident enough to take it for a ride as I was all psyched up. It is just a strange feeling ME owning a bike. I will go out for my first ride with Mr Lucky and hopefully it will all come back naturally and I will love it. I just need to get the feel of the bike and what its like. I hope it is easy enough to get used too.

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 20:12 - 27 Nov 2002    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

yay for miss lucky Smile,

my nsr will be paid for in....2 years lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:53 - 27 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Lucky wrote:
I have only ever riden a cg 125 and a hayabusa....

Shocked ..... and the prospect of an NSR scares you????

Laughing

mad, totally mad Wink

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:58 - 27 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Smile enjoy it when it comes, and take it carefully. Roads a are slippy, and its raining all the time Sad

Although its proberbly the best time to buy Very Happy

cg 125 and a hayabusa? quite similar bikes Razz How you blag that one then?

bikes4life
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:29 - 27 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww cool, best of luck with the bike Miss Lucky. Wish i could afford a new bike to get off my moped Sad!

make sure you post plenty of pics of it!

best of luck
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 11:01 - 28 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun Miss Lucky, there's very little to be afraid of.

Just remember that every other road user is a complete prat and you'll be OK Confused

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:57 - 28 Nov 2002    Post subject: 1 Reply with quote

yeah i know that feeling of having to wait ages. I actually bought my NSR 6 months before i could ride it, had to lock it away. I bought it then cos NSR's are rare over here and its the bike i really wanted, got a good price to! long time though, went quite fast

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:29 - 28 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
hehe i had to ride my bike up and down my steet for 3 months before passing my CBT it was sooo frutrating Sad

I remeber when i first stat on the NSR and started it up, scraed the shit out of me and was making my hands tremble, not any more though Very Happy, now ive ridden a VFR, RVF, ZXR, and a cbr 600 Very Happy and i was fine, its just that first leap thats scary as hell

luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 15:28 - 28 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when i first got mine, must be about 3-4 months now, (its gone quick).
I already had a bit of experience on a scoot so i knew what weather conditions and the roads where like before jumping on the NSR. So i wasnt to nervous.
But saying that i had to lie to the Trade and say i had a full lisence and i had rode other bikes before...

I never been on a geared bike and was praying to god i wouldnt look like a tit as i pulled off the forecourt...

Thank god i never stalled it... was definetly different to the scoot. i had gears to play with now, and i speant a good week trying to think what gear i was in when coming to islands.

after a few hours of ridding i got the hang of the gears,
a day later it was fluent stoping and starting changing up and down. no problems...

then came the playing about, let see how fast i can go. lets see how fast this thing is... woooo look a stoppie.
wonder if this can wheelie,,,crunk,,,nope it cant, lol.

I did managed to stall it in 3rd on an island though,, which was a bit embarrasing an a little scary but all you gotta think is not to panic and you'll be fine.

Well Hope You And the NSR will have a good time!
i know i'm having a good laugh with mine. and no problems so far, so its fairly realible,

Scotty

tanner18
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:36 - 29 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck with your first bike. i was exactly the same when i got my first bike i was scared id drop the thing before id even pulled off. every 1 gets nervous when riding for the first time. just take care on your bike coz the temperatures are dropping. i always stay off my bike round the christmas period when the weather is really bad, black ice is the wost. take care Cool

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:01 - 29 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the stories and the advice. It seems I am not being stupid and it is just normal to be a bit scared. Im getting more and more excited. It will be a while before I ride it, I need a bit of a re-spray and some new NSR stickers then Mr Lucky is going to give it one of his 'pull it to bits and polish everything on the polisher services' For a while I suspect I will have to just bring it out the garage and practise clutch control or something on the drive way so I too could end up waiting months before I can ride the thing. Role on the light nights and the lovely weather..... Very Happy

Cool

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:45 - 29 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Why not ride the bike for a bit first? You have at least until Jan / Feb before it gets damn cold. Plus, if you drop it in the first few weeks of riding then you were going to paint those panels anyway Cool

Go on, get it on the road for a bit

All the best

Keith

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:20 - 02 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart I am going to try and start to pay my insurance straight away so if the weather is ok I can pop round the block and get used to it. It is getting delivered to my house a week on saturday Very Happy I had a tiny little ride of it yesterday if you can call it that in the back of the work shop. Laughing I also had my first scare, with the CG i used to get off keep the break in and then put it on the centre stand. Well I tried to get off the NSR the same way and Mr Lucky was stood beside me and I expected him to get hold of the bike for me like he usually would he didnt and I felt the bike leaning to one side he stepped back so I could learn my lesson. I managed not to drop it but it scared me enough so as not to do it again I soon realised that it is a tiny bit heavier than the CG and it needs to be put on the stand first theres one lesson ive learned already.... Cool

DUG
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:50 - 02 Dec 2002    Post subject: new nsr Reply with quote

ello,me has nearly dropped mine the same way but when locking it up at night.last night i slipped cos it was wet Embarassed ,but i managed to keep it up. Cool ive only had my nsr fromnew since may and its been fine fingers crossed.but ride it around ur area every now & then to get used to it and u will end up gettin more and more confident,just make sure u dont get over confident Laughing .HAV FUN

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:55 - 02 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Get it on the road and have some fun

The worst experience is when a bike falls away from you, and you know you either have to let go and send it crashing to the ground or instead try and keep hold of it and most likely fall on top o fit yourslef

All the best

Keith

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:08 - 02 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is what learning to be a good rider is all about I dont like the sounds of it. Laughing

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 00:51 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

soo when you fitting nos then miss lucky?? Laughing

raps
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:23 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: I know the feeling Reply with quote

Hey Ms Lucky, Funny enuf I got my new NSR last night. Got a custom paint job and beefish exhaust. I was totally crapping it cos I had to ride it back 20 miles all by myself (never riden a sporty bike b4).

Plus it was like 6pm (total darkness). But you'll be surpised as was I, how easy you take to the bike and learn what it can and cant do.

Just remember, that doing a full lock aint always possible cos your hand hits the mirrors. Other than that, have fun.

Raps Smile

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:05 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks raps and Good for you. Very Happy
I am not sure if my hand will hit the mirrors as we took the brand new mirrors off the CG that I was buying first before I saw the NSR they look quite good actually maybe they are further from the throttle. Confused

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 19:10 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

well on the unfaired bikes the mirrors arn't on the fairing ....as there isn't a fairing to attach them to.
So the mirrors move with every angle you turn. so that wont be a problem.

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 19:46 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum raps, come join the chelsea+stockley usergroup Smile

good to see another west londoner Very Happy
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 15:28 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you get on that NSR Miss L, you will not look back! Enjoy it, and don't worry - there really is no need (though I understand why you may be!)

Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

raps
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:35 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: chelsea+stockley usergroup Reply with quote

hey WildGoose,

Whats the chelsea+stockley usergroup and how do i join that?

Raps
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 150 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2