Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Project 98, Aprilia RS125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

RSDanny
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:09 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Project 98, Aprilia RS125 Reply with quote

Well been working on her for a few months now and finally got round to having a very nearly finished bike. thought i would share a few pics with you all.

Heres the Engine before i started, was leaking oil out the pv and exhaust manifold. Was also leaking coolant from the crankcases and gearbox oil

https://www.sportsbikesuk.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2008/post-2-1203033476.jpg

Decided at this point to strip down and rebuild. other than the engine trouble also had a leaking rear shock, front and rear brake not upto much, decided to give her a full respay including calipers. New air filter, full engine gasket kit, new oil pump, new rear shock, new left hand indicator, new left hand switch, rebuild side stand as was loose, polish frame spray exhaust black and replace clutch springs... probably many other thing on the way.

Started stripping her down

https://www.sportsbikesuk.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2008/post-2-1203033721.jpg

not much of her left now but this is as far as i got her stripped down.

https://www.sportsbikesuk.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2008/post-2-1203033795.jpg

replaced rear shock and got swingarm back on, main reason for removing swingarm was a screw that holds the rear brake line and snapped off so had to remove that and pop a new one in.

https://www.sportsbikesuk.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2008/post-2-1203033881.jpg

here she is all cleaned up with some of the panels sprayed gloss black and polished. engine still hasen't been done awaiting bits

https://www.sportsbikesuk.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2008/post-2-1203033948.jpg

Engine bits arived time to strip that down

https://www.sportsbikesuk.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2008/post-2-1203033979.jpg

https://www.sportsbikesuk.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2008/post-2-1203034003.jpg

Her she is very nearly finished, want to give her another coat of black gloss and 3 coats of laquar and she's done

https://www.sportsbikesuk.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2008/post-2-1203034064.jpg

Want to get a few more things but will just enjoy riding her for a bit

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good mate, well done Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 17:21 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see a youngster (no offence) taking care of their bike so well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want a RS project bike!!!!! Why is there non for the right money!!!

Jenkinz
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:23 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, you got any pics of it fully assembled before you stripped it down to compare?

RSDanny
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:26 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

youngster? i'm 31 with 4 kids lol

heres a before shot

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 22:35 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSDanny wrote:

heres a before shot

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Why do you still ride 125s then mate? Not fancy something bigger?

Scouse
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that model/shape RS, nice to see one looking so good. I wants Twisted Evil

JimmyN1NJ4
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:00 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

loved my old rs , great handling lil bike wish i never got rid of mine but needed the money for a deposit on my zx6

tuned the nuts off of it , full arrow system , pipercross conical airfilter ( which sounded amazing )

https://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd102/DynomiteJimmy/picture20006.jpg

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 17 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always had a thing for the pre '98 RS125s - they're absolutely gorgeous. One thing i could never get my head round on them was the sissy bar. A big ugly piece of tube just pinned on the back.

Are you going for factory decals or leaving it plain?

Jack

RSDanny
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:32 - 17 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

quacker_boy wrote:
RSDanny wrote:

heres a before shot

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Why do you still ride 125s then mate? Not fancy something bigger?

this is my first bike, wanted it as we were moving and thought it would be better to have a nice bike rather than drive, didn't move in the end and i normally cycle to work so though i would turn it into a project instead ready for summer. to be honest never thought about riding a motorbike until we though we might move, but now i have 1 i'm loving it would love something bigger but want a bit more experiance before i do. would like to do my das this year then hopfully a NC30 for a year then upgrade to an R6 which i just love then i'll be happy at that.

RSDanny
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:33 - 17 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack_Cheese wrote:
I've always had a thing for the pre '98 RS125s - they're absolutely gorgeous. One thing i could never get my head round on them was the sissy bar. A big ugly piece of tube just pinned on the back.

Jack

don't know yet, might do custom graphics just some writting on the side panel at the bottom Aprilia on the side of the petrol tank and racing on the side of the pillion panel bit

but also want to leave it blank kinda like it like that

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:24 - 17 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSDanny wrote:
Jack_Cheese wrote:

Jack

don't know yet, might do custom graphics just some writting on the side panel at the bottom Aprilia on the side of the petrol tank and racing on the side of the pillion panel bit

but also want to leave it blank kinda like it like that

I definitely get where you're coming from! However, those rossi reps are getting thin on the ground. Another decade and they'll be worth a fortune!

Jack

RSDanny
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:12 - 17 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would have to respray it to get it back to the rossi rep look alike. so if i do every decide to sell which is unlikly as it would be a good mess around bike and something to pass onto my son so we can go riding together

JimmyN1NJ4
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:32 - 17 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

do what i did with mine ( as its the same colour - black ) when my decals started looking abit tired i got a replacement set of chesterfield decals of ebay , they only cost about 30quid and make the bike look like new again.
shame i havnt got a pic of what it looked like after i did it
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 96 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1