Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I want a supermoto, don't fancy another R1.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

JBurrows88
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 08 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am told the 604 (Rotax) can be a lot of hassle. Its alot better to go for the 644 (Suzuki engine), with i just had a ride on today. Great fun!

I just sorted out the front forks on the DRZ; they were on the hardest settings! Thumbs Up The DRZ is a really nice 400cc (not very fast, but still good fun)

chrisstone
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:55 - 20 Mar 2008    Post subject: sxv 550 supermoto Reply with quote

the best super moto out the by far is sxv 550 aprilia,
i collect bikes got all the race bikes and street fighters & supermoto and this thing is just amazing.
It will shock the hell out you and keep up with any thing even beat most sport bikes, i mean i'm not talking top end but in real terms on the road in the right hands these things are crazy they corner and pull better then any race bike ive ever had again i'm talking up to 130 mine will do and will hold any thing off to 100 mph (thats safe on track not on road officer).
it does come at a price but if you can service it yourself its not that bad,
i change oil every 200 miles gear oil every 500 and plugs every 1000.
Mine got silmoto exhaust & k&n air filter and go faster sticker kit (well you got look the part).
I did put front sprocket down one this helps wheelie in every gear but take loads of top end and a bit too mush stress on engine so ive changed it back and i thing its just perfect for the road oh yes engine ment to be stripped down @ 5000 miles for rebuild bugger.( about £600 worse case) but i dont care the time spent on it is just amazing you will not be disappointed with it just before i got mine i brought brand new mille factory and i dont use it i cant keep off this bike i tryed many diff supermot before buying new husky not bad new ktm no good for me so it had to be the aprilia the buzz is awsome you wont stop smiling it well worth the money i ride with mates on new r1 new gixer new zx10 its that good even they are shocked how fast it is.
Im not saying it will beat but its not far off up to 130mph and what you loose top end you make in corners and braking.

buy one you will never look back or at superbike again

out of breath

Last edited by chrisstone on 13:37 - 20 Mar 2008; edited 2 times in total

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:25 - 20 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisstone wrote:
bleurgh

Breathe.

chrisstone
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 08:47 - 21 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you only spending 2k then husky 610 good choice fun bike,
best out the supermoto of old or if you can get xr650 which has been converted, then thats got some awsome power only down side its kick start and can be a pain
the engine is solid no daft service bills very cheap to run & bullet proof.
have got pics up in gallary of my new supermoto

Acid
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 03:53 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glynn you Want a Cr500 Sm like mine Smile

A stock Cr500 engine is very very strong and has long service intervials compaired to many 4 stroke Sm and makes the same power is lighter and easier to rebuild and fix too

they Do have one problem tho Getting one as ther are getting very hard to come by I have tryed to get 3 now and they were crap ( I want to build an alloy frame one now!!)

Jenks
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:51 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a go on an xr650 supermoto (i think its an xr600 with a 650 engine) And it was amazing, makes me wanna sell up and get one!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chrisstone
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:55 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm going to take back what i said about my sxv550 dont get one unless you wont to spend all your time in the garage
getting the plugs out is a b*** air filter box a B*** to put back on
sick of changing the oil the run cost are worse then any bike on the road and mine has only done 2000 miles its had new
starter motor
new oil pressure switch
chain & sprockets
service x5
set of tyres
think also bit of delay in power looking into this bugger Crying or Very sad

only thing is without a doubt when you ride it the feed back is amazing the power the handling / brakes just the best thing ive every been on but what a sh** to keep on servicing now other super moto compares to it..

still cant bring myself to get rid just need to watch how much i use.

new ktm 690 is poo (well it was standard, so with a bit of money may be ok)
husaberg 650 very good bike
xr650 just sold mine very good just bugger to start
cr500 got one even bigger bugger to start but amazing had
best one owend yet is a husky610 and cant fault it very good bike Thumbs Up
this has just been about my experience with these bikes.
but i think best road supermoto is husky 610 when it comes to all round cost and running deff buy husky,
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2