Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Part worn tyres

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:24 - 08 Apr 2010    Post subject: Part worn tyres Reply with quote

I've got an opportunity to buy 2 part worn tyres for £20 with about 3mm left on each. Is it worth it instead of buying a new tyre for about £50-£60? Taking into account I'd have to pay my local shop to fit them for me when they wear out... Question
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

B10Hazard
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:50 - 09 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well about 2 weeks ago i got some part worn tyres for my bike.
Just depends on your finantial situation i guess.
Get some to last a few moths and then fork the money out for some new ones, thats one im doing. A little easier on the wallet.
Make sure there okay though mate Thumbs Up Dont want shit tyres or you'll be coming off.

Dan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:38 - 09 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

3mm? Sound's ok. 2mm of legal play, about 2.9 for my standard Laughing

20 for both? or each?

I remember paying 50 quid for a part worn Pirelli Corsa 3 on the Hornet before I crashed. Think it had 3.5mm or so.

More than happy with that.

I think new tyres tend to have 5-6mm, so gauge from that.
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:57 - 09 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:

I remember paying 50 quid for a part worn Pirelli Corsa 3 on the Hornet before I crashed.

Lmao, so you brought the part worn then stacked it?

False economy if i ever heard one Razz

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:01 - 09 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you remember right, I pole vaulted.

Nothing to do with the tyres Razz

So screw you!

(I still have the tyres and are funnily enough still in good nick...)

Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:10 - 09 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yea on a roundabout or something if IIRC?

Laughing

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 09 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

About to enter a roundabout. Razz

TYRES ARE FINE DAMNIT! Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 347 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1