Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My bike got nicked :(

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

panpan
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:57 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: My bike got nicked :( Reply with quote

I was at college yesterday and left my bike with all the others. At the end of the day, I came out to find that my helmet was nicked and some had tried to hotwire it. The ignition barrell and display was broken! I phoned the police and they told me to leave it there so they could send some people to take forensics. Later on in the evening I went past it to find that the bike had disappeared! I immediately phoned the police to see whether they had taken it but they hadn't.

I am furious!! I don't know what to do now. It has been repoted stolen. If anyone around Brighton sees my bike I would much appreciate it if you could let me know. It's a silver supermoto style Chinese bike. Registration is GX57 EHP.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Joeb46
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:15 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
such a nice looking bike.
stupid pigs if they had been there to check it for prints it woulndt have been taken
hope you get it sorted man
such a nice bike too Sad

panpan
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:26 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. yeah me too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make an official complaint to the police.

Unless people complain, the police will continue to act so slowly when crimes are reported whilst allocating manpower to things the public doesn't consider a priority (like traffic).

Ghost
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:46 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's out of order on the police's behalf for sure, it's directly their fault your bike got stolen because they weren't there doing their job as they said they would on the phone. I'd kick up some shit about it if I were you Sad

Cigaro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:48 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

feck. Not good Sad Hope you get it back.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:51 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit dude, that sux. Ive noticed more threads about stolen bikes across several forums since chrimbo, bearing in mind i only joined about 4months ago. But still it makes me think we need our own secure parking where we work or goto college/uni.

Hope u get it back matey.

CaNsA

panpan
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:30 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate all your comments guys. I don't really see how I can blame the police to be honest because they did what was probably the right thing in that situation (tell me to leave it for forensics) but I just got extremely unlucky to have it nicked as well Sad I am not even covered for theft under my insurance so things do not look good.

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:31 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh noo. I know how you feel. Stolen at college!! At such a crowded place... So they broke the key cylinder, left the bike once, and returned to the bike again to nick your bike Evil or Very Mad What were college guard men doing Mad
Can such thefts enter your college parking area freely?

Last edited by kawashima on 18:03 - 16 Feb 2008; edited 1 time in total

tutton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in touch with the security guards at college
pester them for cctv on the bike area,
our college has cameras all over it, so spect yours would too.
Might possibly help.

Guessing it was all locked up ye?
what lock etc?

Regards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ghost
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:46 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in my opinion it's obviously the same people who buggered up your ignition barrel first time, gave up and went back to steal the whole bike later. Surely the police should've realised if the bike had already been attacked once there was a high chance of a second theft attempt?
Anyway I feel for you and hope you get it back no matter what happens.

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:49 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting the helmet off a bike is often the prelude to nicking it. They see you come to the bike and are hattless so they then know that they will have a hour or so to load it into a van whilst you sort a new lid. Major scam in London I believe.

tutton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:50 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the lid with you in future then?
or is that not a option for you.

im guessing how lock had the helmet through it..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really does confuse me. After half term I shall get some pics of the bike areas we have at mine, and then you will be able to see my disbelieving mindset about how lax security can be.

Pyro
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

Jenkinz
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:01 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks man, even more so because your not covered by it in the insurance -.- Hope its tracked down.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 19:03 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you get it back but I can't understand why some people don't get at least TPF&T cover, especially when leaving it somewhere full of scrotes like college.

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:40 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about cost Joe. Some peole just can't afford TPFT. Sometimes when you buy TPFT the excess is so high it's just not economical.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 19:43 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
It's all about cost Joe. Some peole just can't afford TPFT. Sometimes when you buy TPFT the excess is so high it's just not economical.

True, I suppose with a cheap bike it's not worth it. Especially if you're young and face the next five years being hit with even higher premiums.

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 20:40 - 16 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

1930 Ariel wrote:
Cutting the helmet off a bike is often the prelude to nicking it. They see you come to the bike and are hattless so they then know that they will have a hour or so to load it into a van whilst you sort a new lid. Major scam in London I believe.

As Ariel says, its a very commonly used method by bike thieves, they render the bike immobilised (nick your helmet/cut your HT leads/let down your tyre) or what ever so that they know the bike is going to be left for some time. They then come back prepared to take it whilst you are sorting out the problem they caused.

I certainly would not have left it after seeing your lid had been nicked after they also had a go at the ignition. The police should really have advised you of this as they should have seen similar scenarios.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

panpan
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:06 - 17 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

My crappy college doesn't even have a bike parking area. All the bikes are parked outside on the main road with no CCTV. I am so angry!

xymon
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:48 - 18 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for you man. I hope those people who ticked off your bike will really pay big time with the feds.

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:56 - 18 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sucks Sad.

thanks for the scam tips though, i'd have just blamed chavs if i returned to find the tyre flat etc

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:01 - 18 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww sorry to hear that panpan, it's gutting mate, rather nasty empty feeling. A lot of us have been there.

Hope you sort something mate, you've got enough worries on your plate with that egg man after you... Confused

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=138088
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 115 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1