Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Farewell Party.....HELP

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

YUN
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:08 - 22 Feb 2008    Post subject: Farewell Party.....HELP Reply with quote

Dear all,

I have just been delegated a task by my company director to arrange a farewell party for my boss.
I guess it would be somewhat a surprise party as it hasn't been announced that he is leaving.

There is no budget as the company WILL NOT pay for it and therefore out the expense of everyone else in the office - which is a problem since no one knows he is leaving so I can't ask for advice or recommendations from the staff.

As much as he is my boss, he is extremely nice, fair and patient and has taught me a great deal - I would definately want to give him a good farewell party to honour his good work.
The office holds approx 34 people so I would need a fairly large venue. I was thinking maybe drinks on the London eye? But we'd all have to be in seperate pods.

I'm totally clueless to what to do, and Ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance
YUN

Last edited by YUN on 12:29 - 22 Feb 2008; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gmanxiii
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:23 - 22 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

get everyone to bring in party snacks and sweet talk your way into several crates of beer on the company credit card....

cheese and pineapple hedgehog FTW!

VFR400NC30 > ZZR600 > CBR600FX > CBR1000rr

YUN
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:28 - 22 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
I can't sweet talk anything as my boss made it clear that it will be a PRIVATE party so NO BUDGET allowed on company cards Evil or Very Mad

cheese and pineapple hedgehogs has been rinsed to the max already since I hosted a cheese & wine party just before xmas and also another small finger buffet (with cocktail stick cheese nibbles).

damn it....this is proving more difficult by the second.
Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gmanxiii
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 22 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

~ * YUN * ~ wrote:
Laughing
I can't sweet talk anything as my boss made it clear that it will be a PRIVATE party so NO BUDGET allowed on company cards Evil or Very Mad

cheese and pineapple hedgehogs has been rinsed to the max already since I hosted a cheese & wine party just before xmas and also another small finger buffet (with cocktail stick cheese nibbles).

damn it....this is proving more difficult by the second.
Mad

Well looks like the only option really is just to whip an email/notice out inviting people to the pub to get wrecked. Sneak a cheese and pineapple hedgehog into the pub in your handbag, you can never have enough cheese and pineapple hedgehogs.

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 22 Feb 2008    Post subject: Re: Farewell Party.....HELP Reply with quote

~ * YUN * ~ wrote:
no one knows he is leaving

Including himself?

YUN
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:17 - 22 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Including himself?

Laughing
probably!

Icey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 22 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a pot and go around explaining to your colleagues the situation and buy him a gift, but also arrange something at the local works pub, just like a presentation type thing - nothing full on - just light hearted and funny.

gmanxiii
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 22 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about......

KARAOKE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

YUN
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:09 - 22 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Get a pot and go around
Quote:
KARAOKE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

we are all buskers!!

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 01:47 - 26 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wants you to organise a party, but the budget is the fat end of sweet fuck all?

Give him a roll of polo's. Rolling Eyes

YUN
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:51 - 26 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
polo's? That's a bit gyp.......surely Rolo's are a better option?

Might have to consider giving my director the Middle Finger
I hate my job....i always get dumped with shit! Thumbs Down Evil or Very Mad

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:13 - 26 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the director wants a party for this guy, yet won't chip in?

Tell him to put up or shut up Imo.

YUN
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 02:17 - 26 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd love to tell him to go nibble on a pair of hairy ones...but unless I want to lose my job, the only option is to actually deal with the request.

Might have to consider the old fashion pub - can't go wrong with a pint Thumbs Up

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 12:31 - 26 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

~ * YUN * ~ wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
polo's? That's a bit gyp.......surely Rolo's are a better option?

Might have to consider giving my director the Middle Finger
I hate my job....i always get dumped with shit! Thumbs Down Evil or Very Mad

No harm to the boss, but he should take a run and f*cking jump. You're to organise a leaving do with no money and you can't tell anyone? Is he out of his f*cking tree? I'd go back and ask for some cash or else refuse.

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 12:43 - 26 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could use your main thinker?

Get everyone to meet at a Pub at a Certain time on the same day?

Everyone pays for what they consume.

Easy.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 35 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1