Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Thoroughly fed up.. *updated*

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:11 - 13 Feb 2008    Post subject: Thoroughly fed up.. *updated* Reply with quote

I feel I need a mope. It's not like me to get so fed up about things, but then it's also not like me to have such a run of rubbishness. Please bear with me...

My car practical test was on Tuesday. Except it wasn't, because there was fog. Not loads of fog, but enough for them to decide to cancel.
I've been given a new date for it, but my instructor has someone else doing a test at the same time, so that's no good.
I need my test before the end of Feb because my theory test expires and there is *no way* I'm sitting that again.
What are the chances of them having *2* short notice slots to fit me into, given that everyone else out there who had a test cancelled is also trying to fit in...

I'm about to start a Masters part funded by my work. I also have a mentor at work, as I'm a trainee, and we get on really well, and he's a great help with Masters research discussions. I was told he'd be my mentor until my training was finished. Or maybe make that just until they decide to forget all that and move him to another team, so all that help is now not very accessible.

BF and I are looking for a new flat to rent, saw a perfect one advertised, phoned up, someone had taken it that morning.
Saw another one, owner has put the price up because they think they can get more. More than we can afford.

Am having a website built, company said it would be finished today, it's not (no surprise there for those who already know the epic story).

BF currently has a great job at a gym working and doing personal training. They have a new (inept) manager who has decided they're not going to get to do PT while working any more, they have to do it outside of work hours. Which takes away the main enjoyment of the job for him, so he's fed up (which makes me fed up).

I know there must be good things happening as well, but I'm being unusually swamped with things going wrong (especially the car test) and it's wearing me down.....

Apologies for the rambling rant, it's not like me Confused

Last edited by izzi81 on 18:51 - 27 Feb 2008; edited 1 time in total

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:16 - 13 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first, Get on the phone every morning and see if there are any cancellations.

Secondly, tell the web guys to get a fuckin move on, how long has it been now?!?!?!

Then, sort out you other problems one by one. if you do them all at once or try you won't really get anywhere fast, bu the former way means you have less to worry about and it's more motivation.

The only thing you can't help is your BF's case at the gym, that's his end, no offense,

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:15 - 14 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it when everything messes up at once. Usually something good comes out of it though.

Get on that driving instructor and rag his ass about a new appointment before theory runs out.

About the apartments, remember if you didn't get it it wasn't the right one and the right one will come up for you. Just a matter of time.

Think you just need to kick some poeple up the ass to get a move on. Hope things get better for you, we all have times like this and it passes.

Lady P
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:10 - 14 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well so far this year has been bad for me or last as it started

My son was involved in a hit and run on his bike ( he not badly injured ) then his lappy broke then he had his phone stolen

As for me the heating broke on 26 12 07 so no hot water either overflow on the toilet

Need a new front door windows need replacing kitchen ceiling fell down due to water leak ( or several ) after new boiler was installed on 14 Jan its is now right after many phone calls and them coming out several times

New fire was installed they put the plaster down the drain which then became blocked up there was also a leak from the old water tank onto the bedroom ceiling

But 1 good thing things are getting better as I now have my license back after it was revoked last year

I have also been put on permanent sick

Hope this makes you feel better

The flat you went after wasnt right for you and another will come along get onto those guys about the web page as that is not your fault

Try to keep in contact with your mentor if you can

Sorry about the car test but keep on at them or see if your instructor can help out as he may know someone else to help with that

Good luck and dont worry it will sort out in time
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 22:16 - 14 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence but if they are your problems then fuck theyre pretty easy to deal with. Stressful no doubt, but hardly life threatening.

You are going to sit your car test some time in the near-ish future. Doesnt the theory test last a year?

You have enough financial security and trust in your partner to get a new fucking flat. People are always moving in and out of places, something else will turn up, and youre studying a masters, what does it matter who helps you, the other guy isnt gonna sit your masters for you. Sure you can still call and speak to him as well can't you?

If your bf isnt happy with the new work arrangements then get a new job.

No offence, but grow a pair.

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 13:42 - 15 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Reuben, that was nice of you. Don't recall seeing her implying her problems were life threatening or anything of the sort, was just a rant to vent some stress.

Can't help with the rest but as for the car test, if you still have the postponed test date available i'd either explain this to your instructor that you need it (more than the other candidate who's theory doesn't expire).

If that doesn't work, then ring other car training firms and see if any can supply you with a car and instructor for test day and possibly 1 day before to get used to the new car. Otherwise it's just ring the test centre every day to get a cancellation. I remember my HGV instructor doing this constantly as they apparently hardly ever tell you if there is one, you have to keep ringing every day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:51 - 15 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben: Um... don't think I ever said my problems were huge in comparison to what other people are going through, I just said I needed to vent a little. And I felt better after doing so... no need to be so harsh. I've been through worse in my life, and of course I know that on the grand scale I'm doing OK. It's just right now I'm a bit weighed down that's all! Are people only allowed to be fed up if their problems are huge?

To everyone else who made constructive posts: Firstly, thanks Smile
It's not my driving instructor who was being difficult, he is very helpful. It's circumstances outwith anybody's control (well, if DSA gave me an extension on my theory test that would be someone's decision, but they don't do such things). However, slightly better news on that front, there's been a cancellation for next Thursday so I'm booked in for then. Here's hoping there's no freak weather this time and everything goes OK!

Hopefully you're all right about the flat too, and something even better is going to appear shortly....

Steve - I guess being fed up helped because I sent the company a very grumpy email saying the end of this week or we want our deposit back to go elsewhere. Suddenly I'm getting emails from them now Rolling Eyes

And lastly Lady P, here's hoping all your stuff starts improving too!

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:07 - 15 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

izzi81 wrote:
no need to be so harsh.

He is ginger so it's understandable for him to be so angry at the world. Rolling Eyes

kitty kat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 15 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to rant once in a while, sometimes it puts your problems into perspective.

Hope you find the flat of your dreams soon izzi & Ladyp, how the hell have you got through with ceilings falling down around you? Hope things start to improve for you too Thumbs Up
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lady P
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:36 - 15 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased things are sorting out

IIRC years ago a mate of mine had her bike test but couldnt do it due to bike being nicked so had it postponed re booked ti but it was after March 31 82 ( 2 part test) they tried to argue that she had to take theory as it was after said date but in the end only took the riding part

I did lend her my bike for a few days so she could get use to it as it was different to hers and she had not really riden 1 for a few weeks so they can help under unforeseen circumstances

Good luck hope you pass and dont give up

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:51 - 27 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are on the up.

Arrow Passed my driving test Very Happy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
I'm not sure I've ever been more relieved when he told me I'd passed! Only 5 minors too so I'm really pleased.

Arrow Have persuaded my boss to let me keep my previous mentor on as a 'Masters mentor', as well as having the other 'work mentor'. Quite impressed with this as no one else has managed to persuade them they need 2 mentors! So it means middle management can't complain if we need to have meetings now and then to talk MPhil stuff through.

Arrow BF has been given the opportunity to cut his working hours and work PT instead. We still have to work out how much he should cut, but I think he's going to do that which means he still gets to do the part of his job that he loves.

Arrow Told the web company to get lost because they are inept. Am now looking for a better company.

So at least some things are moving in the right direction Smile

Lady P
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:00 - 27 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news really pleased for you Thumbs Up Laughing Laughing Razz

Well done on passing your test good score but at the end of the day a pass is a pass

Well done on the job front good luck with that

Pleased that your B/F has got sorted out

You will find another web company who is better
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1