Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Diablo Corsa III or Pilot Power 2CT?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 28 Mar 2008    Post subject: Diablo Corsa III or Pilot Power 2CT? Reply with quote

Need some new bands for the 900ss.

Torn between the two above

Anyone have any opinions?

Cheers

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 28 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Diablos and Diablo Corsas a few times, never used the Corsa III's though, and always found them to be a nice confidence inspiring tyre. The Corsa's can get a bit lairy in wet winter conditions.

I'm now on my 2nd pair of 2CT's after the recall and have had no problems. I've was quite pissed off with the recall after having 3 sets of tyres in as many months, but to be fair they have been nice easy going tyres. I've not noticed much performance difference between the Corsa, which is a more track biased tyre, and the 2CT with the dual compound. Although the 2CT's look like they are going to last longer due to the harder wearing center core. I can get through tyres anywhere between 1500 miles (Dunlop Qualifiers) and 3000 miles (Pirelli Diablos) on the Blade rear and these currently look like they will do around 4k .

I may be tempted to stick another set on when these are done, although I'll probably be a tart and stick on "the next best thing" instead. Wink

bunglehaze
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:52 - 28 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried both tyres and liked them both for different reasons, for me though I decided to go with 2CT's this time round simply because they appear to be better in wet or damp conditions than the Diablo III's.

When warm both of them offer great levels of grip, both tip into corners well and inspire confidence in bundles ( I get no confidence with bridgestones, not sure why though) but with this countries weather being changable to say the least the 2CT's seemed the better bet.

cheers

leigh Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 28 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got Diablos and can't fault them.

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 28 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2cts at the moment on my srad750, gotta say that they are like bt090's but offer better grip in the wet. i was getting my kneedown at brands when the track was damp. Thumbs Up i only had a couple of slips but nothing breathloosing.
You cannot fault them and everyone I meet who uses them are rating them as the best tyres they've had.

from what mcn are saying the bt016 may be better option soon.

never tried corsa's yet will probably be buying a set for over the summer period.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 28 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have 2cts at the moment on my srad750, gotta say that they are like bt090's but offer better grip in the wet

Sold.

Love 090's.

Thumbs Up

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:04 - 28 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

trust me you be disappointed, forgot to mention you get very good initial grip without having to warm them up like you do corsa's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bunglehaze
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:09 - 28 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to watch though when new they are slippier than a greasy weasel, more so than any other tyre I have tried, powersliding all over the place I was for the first 60 miles or so, looked awesome coming out of a shopping centre sideways though Very Happy

cheers

leigh Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:26 - 28 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never had that problem you must be throttle happy or have revititus. everyone knows to take it easy when running tyres in.

bunglehaze
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:17 - 28 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe I have both, but I do take it steady on new rubber and these were exceptionally slippery... I may have picked up some grease/oil somewhere but the slides were pretty consistant and controllable so I figured it was just the anti-stick coating from the tyre mould.

cheers

leigh Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1