Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Yamaha XT125X question.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

MetalheadA7X
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:17 - 30 Mar 2008    Post subject: Yamaha XT125X question. Reply with quote

Hey guys, getting my first learner legal very soon and i have decided to go with the XT125x supermoto bike.

There is just a few things i need to know about it.

Being of a supermoto style will it have the quick flick-a-bility i am after?
And is it capeable of mega lean angles or is this just bigger SM bikes?

Thanks alot
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:03 - 30 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i have an xt125x and yes, i find it very flickable. I can't compare it to big SM's but compared to what i have ridden in the past, it isn't afraid to get chucked around corners.

You can lean it over a fair way, upto the point my boot touches down when it is tucked nicely under the gear lever or hovering over the brake pedal.

I could get it further over but i'm afraid i'll run out of rubber on the front Laughing

Don't expect it to be mega quick, im around 13 1/2 stone and it is lucky to push 65 on the flat with no wind. MCN say it will do 71 but thats probably with a 2 stone monkey riding it.

MetalheadA7X
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:23 - 30 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbh i am not expecting it to be fast.

Aslong as 0 - 50 isn't too slow then i will be entertained Smile.

I can't wait till i sort it out
should be very soon aswell Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:42 - 30 Mar 2008    Post subject: Re: Yamaha XT125X question. Reply with quote

Power is listed at '10hp' - so that's less than the listed figure for a CG125.

Weight is claimed at 106kg, which isn't too far off 'competition' supermoto bikes. However tyres and suspension will be comparatively lacking for decently spirited riding (as well as the engine of course which will be be about 1/5th power if that).

It should provide plenty of lean and little go.
As far as 'flickable' goes - yes. But then so will pretty much any (non-cruiser) 125 if you counter steer.
I've been riding my Husaberg 501 today (competition Supermoto bike) and I could have turned etc just as quickly on the 230kg BMW Rat bike I owned a while ago - it'd be a bit more effort yes, but there's rarely an occasion you can use that sharp steering decently on the road.
I'd go for at least an MZ125 (think that was the good one) if you're going to stay restricted, or something like the Husky 125 if not (which has the power suspension and general ability to back up it's image.)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1