Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Production Streetfighter? Sachs MadAss 500

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

AJI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Production Streetfighter? Sachs MadAss 500 Reply with quote

Discovered pictures of this today in my huntin' on the net:

https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/homeforsummer/bikes/madass500.jpg

Dunno if it's a mockup, pre-production, concept or what but damn it's nice! Drooling
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Saul Good
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:46 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool Thumbs Up

very different eh?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:01 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the 50s and 125s purely because they just look like bikes with engines.
Saying that it looks bloody awesome Cool

I wouldn't say no to owning one.

rezzin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it 2stroke? Mr. Green

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 31 Mar 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

rezzin wrote:
Is it 2stroke? Mr. Green

I wish Laughing

.Chris.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the madass, sat on one at the bikesafe show on saturday and I bet it would be a laugh to ride. Only thing is the build quality didn't look fantastic, but then again they are cheap. A 500cc version would be very cool indeed.

Interestingly that engine looks very much like the one used in the new Royal Enfield 'Electra' models.

mr.kris
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:58 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it just me or dose that look scarly like a enfield bullit 500 motor lol
TS50X---CM125---MZ150---Z250---RS125---ZXR250---BANDIT600---TRX850---TL1000S---CBF600---ZX6R---BANDIT1200S---CG125---VFR800---CBR1000F---CG125---CG125---CB900F---CB900F---CG125---TUONO1000R---KLR600---GSX1300R HAYABUSA---VFR400NC30

ZX6R & CG125 & CB900F now in use!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AJI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:13 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Sachs MadAss 500 Concept purports to use the Royal Enfield engine made in India. It's a low-tech carbureted 22 horsepower engine with five speed manual transmission and a top speed of 70 mph on a good day, down a hill, with a tail wind"

From The Scooter Scoop

So yes by the looks of things it's an Enfield motor, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Firstly, they do about 80mpg, which I know isn't the be-all and end-all but it looks like it has a tiny fuel tank...

Secondly, they do versions of the same engine with about 30bhp, so the estimate above may be pessimistic, which should be nearer 100mph. And hop-up kits are easily available to bring nearer 40-50bhp and 600cc+

Thirdly, they sound cool Laughing

And with that frame, I'd expect engine swaps to be a doddle

More pics:

https://www.t5net.de/messebilder/intermot2004/images/intermot2004_042_jpg.jpg
https://www.t5net.de/messebilder/intermot2004/images/intermot2004_039_jpg.jpg Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:11 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

I liked the look of the 50, and to have a proper sized engine in it would be a nice little touch, but the power and speed sounds a little wank.

AJI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best quote I saw for it was the 'Euro Buell' - an outdated engine in a brand-spanking modern bike.

I suppose the engines in the normal MadAss are just developments of the 4-stroke engines in the Honda Cub, so they're keeping with tradition at least.

Oh and I just thought: rideable on a restricted licence Twisted Evil

Madmanx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 01 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suits you sir.

JakeyR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 02 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it, but i've never liked the 50's or 125s, although i did flip a 125. Laughing

Jockey
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:39 - 02 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks so different, although I`m not sure about the seat, apart from that it`s something to be seen on, fast or not. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Smile Smile -Jockey.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 02 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it it looks raw! But i would like to see it after a winter of rain and corrosion! Not sure it would look as nice....
Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0

AJI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 02 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even more pictures. It does look like just a concept as yet, but it would be nice of them to build it.

I'm a big fan of the 50cc and 125cc versions, but it's good that they've taken inspiration from them rather than make it look exactly the same.

Riding position looks a little odd though, check out the sultry German bird in the pic, she's sitting right at the top of the seat. Taller people would have to watch out for their arse on the exhaust...

https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/homeforsummer/bikes/mad2.jpg
https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/homeforsummer/bikes/mad1.jpg
https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/homeforsummer/bikes/mad4.jpg

I would credit where I found these images but I can't find the site again (I saved the pics into my photobucket account). It's a MadAss forum anyway.

400bandit
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 02 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That concept has been around for over nearly 3 years! It's a crap idea though it does look cool. I had a 50cc and I would never buy another sachs in my life. They are made from toffee and put together with monkey glue! In standard form the 50cc would go faster if you pushed it! I had an X-Sport 110cc engine in mine and gutted the exhuast, was kind of cool at the time and not bad to scoot about on but I wouldn't do it all over if I had that time again.

Joe

AJI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 03 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

400bandit wrote:
That concept has been around for over nearly 3 years!

Two years actually after checking my sources again Laughing But it's new to BCF so I can claim it's new...

It's a pity Sachs seem to have dodgy build quality because they do make some really nice looking bikes, the MadAss is a nice little thing, the XTC is a pretty good looking race replica 125 and the X-road is probably the best looking 125 supermoto-style bike of any of them with that trellis frame.

Lone-Wolf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 03 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr.kris wrote:
is it just me or dose that look scarly like a enfield bullit 500 motor lol

Wotcha.

It is indeed a Bullet motor - a late, five speed, leccy start one.

As opposed to THIS ONE which WAS a four speed 500, but is now a rather larger five speed. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TimNorwich
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:41 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd buy one with the girl, bet her poor ass is sore on that painful looking seat!
Speedshite 50cc > Honda XR125L > Kawasaki GPZ 500 S > 02 Honda Hornet > 05 Honda CG125 winter hack > 04 Kawasaki ER-5 > 99 Honda Hornet 600 > Kawasaki GPZ 500 S > 99 Honda Hornet 600 > 05 Honda CBR600F > 01 Honda Hornet

----
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just plain ugly that Sick Thumbs Down

Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the look of it.

If was 17 again, i'd defo want a MadAss 125, I like the look of them too.

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:50 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmyboynorwich wrote:
I'd buy one with the girl, bet her poor ass is sore on that painful looking seat!

Her 'ass' will be sorer after you've poked around in there Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 20 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1