1980 Suzuki TS50ER..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Rig
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:58 - 03 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great restoration !

i remember doing my TS50ER i go it from school, for £50,covered in paint,only had 300 miles on it, was when the school did bike training yrs yrs yrs ago.

anyhoo, if you fit a big bore kit like i did,still have it funny enough,make sure you increase the oil pump supply !

its only a case of adjusting the cable, 2 min job, ididnt, and the result was the 1st diesel er on the road ha ha

it lasted forever still but i did replace the conrod bearing in the end.

another tip is to put a 1 tooth bigger front sprocket on, it made it much more fun to ride, wasnt so much of a screaming bumble bee !!

happy motoring

satelliteone
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:56 - 04 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ta Ant, my DTR is on hold for a couple of months, due to the GP100 renovation. Its on a seperate thread.

I hope it comes as good as yours. Very tidy TS. Respect!

Ant132
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 04 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks matey Smile

Ive gone down the big bore route before, couldnt get it right, i had a 49mm kit, which i am led to believe is rare as i think they used to come in 45mm. So i had issues with the piston hitting the head and gasket issues. It resulted in me having to double up on base gaskets which i think might have threw the ports out a bit, i never could get it running right, it was all abit too hit-and-miss which i eventually decided was best left alone, so i bought a new piston kit (actually won 8 full piston kits off ebay for £2 Laughing Cool ) And rebuilt the top end with the original spec, standard filter and carb set-up and the only mod being a gianelli front pipe and 13t (+1) front sprocket. I never rode it on the standard front sprocket but all in all im really happy with, and now even though im 17 and just passed my test, im strangely reluctant to stop riding it and get a bigger bike. Laughing

Hope it bought back some good memories for ya Smile

Satellite: Just spotted the GP thread update, looking good mate Thumbs Up Cant wait to see the finished product! Vive la 2-strokes!

Ant Thumbs Up

Xenocide
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:34 - 04 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looks fab. What you thinking of getting next?

Mine bike got wrote off - made 140 quid out of it so i'm not too sad. Got my full test... err next week - shit!

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 04 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

TS50ER looks like ''tosser''
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

Ant132
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 04 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenocide wrote:
Still looks fab. What you thinking of getting next?

Mine bike got wrote off - made 140 quid out of it so i'm not too sad. Got my full test... err next week - shit!

Bad news Sad Not sure tbh, just going to finish my year on the insurance and look for a 250/400. Are you on the look out for a bike after your test? Good luck for your test btw Thumbs Up Smile

mattsprattuk wrote:
TS50ER looks like ''tosser''

Have you honestly only just realised that? Clapping Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 148 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2