Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Opinions on this purchase.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Rig
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:56 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Opinions on this purchase..... Reply with quote

Hi all,

thoughts ??

This is the ad available........

THIS IS A 1987 GSXR750 SLABSIDE STREET FIGHTER.

BAD BITS
WHEN BOUGHT IT HAD BEEN STANDING SO WAS VIRTUALLY A NON RUNNER. I TOOK IT INTO MY LOCAL SUZUKI MAIN DEALER WHO GOT IT RUNNING AS THE COILS HAD BEEN WIRED IN WRONG. I THOUGHT IT SOUNDED LIKE IT HAD A BIT OF A RATTLE BUT ASSURED BY MECHANIC ITS FINE AS THEY ALL SOUND LIKE THIS. SINCE THEN HAS DEVELOPED AN INTERMITTANT FAULT. MOST TIME ITS FINE AND OTHERS IT CONKS OUT AFTER A FEW MINUTES. NOT SURE IF COILS BREAKING, FUEL STARVATION OR LEADS. DON'T THINK ITS MUCH AS IT GOES LIKE A DREAM WHEN IT GOES. JUST NEEDS SOMEONE WHO KNOWS MORE THAN ME. PROBABLY SIMPLE JOB LIKE CARBS NEED BALANCING, TAPPITS NEED ADJUSTING ETC. JUST A SERVICE. THE MECHANIC SAID IT WAS A GOOD BIKE AND SOUND. I HAVE RECEIPT FOR THIS WORK.

NOW FOR THE GOOD BITS
IT HAS A NEW CHAIN AND SPROCKETS, NEW FOOT PEGS, NEW PADS, NEW SWINGING ARM AND WHEEL BEARINGS, SUSPENSION OVERHAULLED. NEW BUG EYE LIGHTS, NEW RENTHAL BARS AND MIRRORS. ITS HAD A PAINT JOB - BLACK BUT IN SUNLIGHT SHINES MAUVE/PURPLE. R1 SEAT UNIT WITH LED BACK LIGHTS AND INDICATORS. ALSO 2 BRAND NEW TYRES. POLISHED FRAMES.
AS I SAY NICE LOOKING BIKE JUST NEEDS TLC TO FINISH. RIDES NICE AND GOES WELL BUT OWING TO THE FACT THAT THE INTERMITTENT FAULT THERE WOULD SUGGEST TRUCK/TRAILER FOR COLLECTION AS YOU WOULD NEED TO BE NEAR HOME AS WOULD HATE THE FAULT TO CATCH YOU OUT. ITS AN IDEAL WINTER PROJECT WHICH WOULD BE NICE AS 7/11 JUST HAVEN'T GOT TIME TO SPEND ON IT. BOUGHT ON A WHIM. I HAVE TRIED TO BE AS HONEST AS POSSIBLE AS I AM A GENUINE EBAYER WHICH MY FEEDBACK SHOWS AND HAVE TRIED TO TELL YOU AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. I PAID £800 FOR IT AND HAVE SPENT OVER £100 ON IT SO SELLING JUST TO RECOUP MY MONEY OR AS NEAR AS POSSIBLE.
IT HAS 6 MONTHS TAX AND 11MONTHS MOT SO IT SHOWS ITS A GOOD ROAD WORTHY BIKE. ITS DONE 52KM WHICH I THINK IS AROUND 34,000MILES.

Right,im guessing its an import, im in the UK.

its an 87 bike,1st registered in 1999.

anyone know much about how i can tell if its an import,engine number/website etc ?

Hoping on it for £700.

cheers

https://i23.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/17/18/2649_3.JPG

https://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/17/18/4d29_3.JPG

https://i9.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/17/18/fe37_3.JPG

https://i1.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/17/18/ea29_3.JPG

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks sweet, I'd personally get rid of the stickers on the forks though they look a bit naff.

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:03 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does look like a steal though, he could buy it and then sell it if he didn't like it.

NiteMare
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:02 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

if that bike can be rode away (i haven't read all your post) it doesn't look too bad a deal ...

according to the pictures it looks tidy enough and pretty well presented, i'd be tempted if i wanted a bike to play with as the price doesn't appear to be ridiculous

i wouldn't buy it at that price if i intended to 7/11 it tho, i'd be looking for a cheaper bike

i ain't fixed it enough

Steve-D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it the other day I was tempted its a good base to start with I think, apart from the seat unit looks like it needs a cover or something on it looks to flat.

TAX MY BRAIN
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:41 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bike looks sweet as,

but before you buy it ask yourself this.... why the hell is he selling it
he knows what the problem is as its been to a suzuki garage im guessing the engine will blow within a week,

all you will end up with is someone else's troubles, but if ya got plenty of time and money go for it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 152 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1