Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Project "minty" stunt bike... NOW UPDATED

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 23:18 - 04 Apr 2008    Post subject: Project "minty" stunt bike... NOW UPDATED Reply with quote

I came across a crash damaged 600 F Sport going cheap and decided to build a minty stunt FSport rather than spending out on a 600RR (I'm kinda saving for a house..) ..... cue a trip to Watford to collect it! Result! Yes its the same bike I've had for the past 2 years... but...

"The vision Laughing"

I hate random people who say "If I had a stunt bike I'd learn to do that...." and stuff like "it's easy with no fairings and stuff, nothing to break..." and "look at the size of that sprocket, wheelies must be so easy" etc Laughing dumb ass n00bs who have no idea!

So my plan for this bike is for it to be fully faired with clip ons, and keeping it looking like a "stock" bike as much as possible... obviously a crash cage and dented tank won't look stock, but they are neccessities.. but for fairings and stuff I want them looking good.

"What I'm starting with..."

01 F Sport, front end collision... suspected damage - forks, radiator, undertray, been stood for year so service and battery charge/replace

https://www.sparksfreestyle.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/crashdamaged-1.JPG
https://www.sparksfreestyle.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/crashdamaged-2.JPG
https://www.sparksfreestyle.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/crashdamaged-3.JPG
https://www.sparksfreestyle.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/crashdamaged-4.JPG

"First things first..."

Before anything I wanted to make sure it would start, don't want to do all this work then find I need a new motor as well!

In typical honda fashion............. I charged the battery up, and after a year of being sat under a tree out in the rain Laughing ................................ it started FIRST time... no fresh petrol, no work done, just charged battery up and hit start Laughing couldn't run it up as no radiator etc.. but it starts so let the work commence!

Stripping...

All the broken fairings removed, tank off and clean air modification done (to stop the bike from hydrolocking when it's on it's side...) whilst the tanks off it's getting a 2nd idle cable fitted as this is easier to adjust and produces a much stronger idle speed without effecting how the bike runs...

https://www.sparksfreestyle.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/project-stripped-1.jpg
https://www.sparksfreestyle.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/project-stripped-2.jpg

"Replacing broken bits..."

Forks were bent to fuck so needed replacing, managed to get a very cheap pair off someone on visordown Smile I also got a radiator from someone on there too for an okay price..... so the broken stuff came off

https://www.sparksfreestyle.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/front-end-stripped.jpg

banana forks anyone?

https://www.sparksfreestyle.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/bent-forks-removed.jpg

and the new radiator and forks fitted:

https://www.sparksfreestyle.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/new-forks-radiator.jpg

I re-fitted the front wheel that was on the bike, but unfortunately it is buckled to fuck!!! so I need to sort a new front wheel as well Sad

"To do..."

Arrow Replace front wheel
Arrow Find & fit front mudguard
Arrow Braided front lines
Arrow Find & Fit good condition rear seat unit
Arrow Spray & fit undertray with LED lights
Arrow Fit round 12 bar
Arrow Fit crash cage
Arrow dent and spray tank then fit StompGrip.
Arrow Fit a cut down stock exhaust
Arrow re-inforce radiator
Arrow fit 2-way switch for the radiator fan for perm. on or by sensor.

probably some other bits too!

I did a test fit on the fairings as I wanted to see what the paint scheme is going to look like... it looks a bit rough in the pics, but I think it's going to look awesome when finished!

https://www.sparksfreestyle.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/fairings-test-fit-1.jpg
https://www.sparksfreestyle.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/fairings-test-fit-2.jpg

What you guys think of the test-fit? Personally... I think it looks unique, but stock.... (the side fairings are from the banana seat F4i model) and the tank doesn't match but I think it looks good.

I'll keep this thread updated when I do more work to it... kinda relying on money now so might take a while before any major updates Sad

Last edited by Sparks! on 21:31 - 11 May 2008; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 23:22 - 04 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice man.

Looking forward to reading it.

Bike looks clean in the test fit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rezzin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 04 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fresh! Niceone. Thumbs Up

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 14:28 - 05 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dragged it out the garage for a better pic...

I really like it.. does look a bit like an NSR125 though? but it looks unique but stock to me... one thing though, I'm not really feeling the black wheels Confused what do we reckon ... white wheels, or just white pinstriping?

eddclarke
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:06 - 05 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be a daft question, but why do you dent the tank ?

Matty21
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:07 - 05 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice bike bud, id say white wheels and red pinstriping Wink

Will look the dogs!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 19:34 - 05 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddclarke wrote:
Might be a daft question, but why do you dent the tank ?

So ya don't slip off so easy when doing wheelies sat on the tank....

And white wheels with red pinstriping does sound rather cool Cool

Shaane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 05 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really good mate. Look forward to reading on. Keep up the work.
EMRA Roadstock #92 - Paperwork Permitted.
Previous: 1992 DT125R
Current: ~ 2005 ZX6R C1H

highland biker
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:29 - 06 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks kind of wierd without the front mudguard Confused. Nice bike though Thumbs Up. Wont the cage effect cornering? or are you using it purely for stunting?

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 15:33 - 06 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

highland biker wrote:
Looks kind of wierd without the front mudguard Confused. Nice bike though Thumbs Up. Wont the cage effect cornering? or are you using it purely for stunting?

Yea it's a pure stunt bike, not really into corners any more... I will ride it on the road though.. but I'm not a nutter on the road to be very honest!

highland biker
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:34 - 06 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:40 - 06 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say red wheels. White is nice(like my bike) but unless there's any other white bits on there, it don't go.

Needs a front guard and no, doesn't look like an NSR125. But it does look lush. Real sexy.

Now, get a 6RR Mr. Green Razz Drooling Wink

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 19:47 - 06 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
I'd say red wheels. White is nice(like my bike) but unless there's any other white bits on there, it don't go.

Needs a front guard and no, doesn't look like an NSR125. But it does look lush. Real sexy.

Now, get a 6RR Mr. Green Razz Drooling Wink

I plan for a red or silver mudguard.

A black hugger

A red undertray.

thanks for the comments Very Happy

AS for the wheels, I've decided to leave them black with white pinstriping, mcgay and I were up late last night photochopping and white looks so wrong... red looked okay but I wasn't keen, black with white pinstriping is my favourite (and coincendentally the cheapest hehe)

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 04:42 - 07 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those fairings really are sexy as buggery. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Was watching my teaser DVD of Judgment Day 3 yesterday which is quite old but i was still just like Shocked

You gonna make another vid after you're done?

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 17:10 - 07 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

quacker_boy wrote:
You gonna make another vid after you're done?

Should be filming a bit this weekend.. but when this minty bike is done I'm making a vid jsut of me. .. I've got a few ideas planned, so watch this space....

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 01:35 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo, looking forward to it dude Thumbs Up

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 18:40 - 12 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a pictorial update but....

I got the bike running today! It started first time Cool

then I realised I forgot to put the exhaust on Laughing sounds loveeeeeely....!

Seems to run okay but haven't ridden it yet.. no odd noises and sounds smooth and CBR like! Mr. Green

I have decided.. I'm going to get it finished as a road bike to start with, get it MOT'ed and insured, I'll keep stunting my other bike for the time being, use this one on the road a bit whilst saving up the £££ for the crash cage and stuff... then I can add the stunt bits as I go on and eventually sell my current stunter...

So.. all I need now is a front wheel, an undertray and some indicators and it should fly through an MOT.... watch this space Smile

Kel
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:41 - 14 Apr 2008    Post subject: Re: Project "minty" stunt bike... Honda CBR600 F S Reply with quote

Just noticed this thread - its looking good!

When you get chance get some more pics up, and did you do a vid over the weekend?

Kel

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 15 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That, is looking sexy.

Mmm. I generally prefer the 6RR/07 Fireblade style but, well. Thumbs Up

Shaane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:49 - 16 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the the white pin striping really sets it off mate.. Amazing look bike there. Keep up all the good work and effort bud.
EMRA Roadstock #92 - Paperwork Permitted.
Previous: 1992 DT125R
Current: ~ 2005 ZX6R C1H

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 16:43 - 16 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought a new front wheel for it, its white so I need to spray it black before fitting it. The fairings are on, I need a seat unit and undertray before I can even get it MOT'ed but I've ran out of money! so I'm slightly fucked! I can't sell my stunt bike until I've bought the stunt parts for this.... so I'm just going to have to be patient and wait a few months before I can get out on this Sad

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 16 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparks! wrote:
I've bought a new front wheel for it, its white so I need to spray it black before fitting it. The fairings are on, I need a seat unit and undertray before I can even get it MOT'ed but I've ran out of money! so I'm slightly fucked! I can't sell my stunt bike until I've bought the stunt parts for this.... so I'm just going to have to be patient and wait a few months before I can get out on this Sad

Can you not swap the parts over? from your stunt bike to you new stunt bike?

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 16:56 - 16 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

XlonewolfX wrote:
Sparks! wrote:

Can you not swap the parts over? from your stunt bike to you new stunt bike?

No because I am selling the old stunt bike as a stunt bike, and won't get as much money for it without a crash cage etc...

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 16 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

quacker_boy wrote:
Was watching my teaser DVD of Judgment Day 3

Free with Superbike Magazine yeah?

I still watch that...

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 16 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should buy all of the judgement days, they are good.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 15 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3