Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Running in the new paintwork.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 23 Apr 2008    Post subject: Running in the new paintwork. Reply with quote

This week I have been mostly tarting up my CB500.

Random bike stuff I had in my room a week or so ago:
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/PIC_0035.jpg
bodywork all prepped and primed, how many other people prime things and think "damn, that would actually look pretty cool"
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/PIC_0036-1.jpg
and in black, and before anyone says owt, this is not a rat bike, it is a bike which is matt black Thumbs Up
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/PIC_0038-1.jpg
finished article, sans bar ends, cos the ones I bought didnt fit in my new bars Sad will need to borrow a lathe
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/PIC_0040.jpg

Took it out for a spin today towards torpoint for fish and chips
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/PIC_0045-1.jpg
a random picture of the coolest transit I've ever seen, was jacked up about a foot and half, looked like one of the paris dakar trucks
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/PIC_0042-1.jpg
almost finished pic-whoring
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/PIC_0046.jpg
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/PIC_0048.jpg
oh yeah and my new c&s, -1 on the front and +7 on the rear Twisted Evil
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/PIC_0047-1.jpg

further mods are planned to make it louder and stoppier, new front pads, and a braided line to replace my 13 year old hose, and a pair of 130 Db horns, to replace my baby fart one, found the coolest place ever to mount them too.

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 23 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to clean the bike. Laughing It has potential.

I like to make metal parts look shiny. Gimme an hour with those downpipes and you'll be able to use them to comb your hair Thumbs Up

Nice bodywork Thumbs Up
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 23 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be buying motad ss downpipes next septemberish, so I'm just pretending the current downpipes dont exist till then.

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 23 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok cool. I'm just a tart who likes shiny metal things. Laughing

Bike looks cool by the way Cool
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:52 - 23 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the wheels!

Just noticed the wheels!

Come down to my area and they will be grease free and shiny as hell.

PURLEEASEEE!

Shocked

(I like seeing hgue differences)

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 23 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how many other people prime things and think "damn, that would actually look pretty cool"

+1 Mr. Green

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:44 - 24 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad molotov *hits with a stick* leave my dirt alone, I'm used to bikes where the muck is structural, so it feels strange getting rid of it.

but yeah, now the bodywork and engine casings are done it's making the mucky bits stand out when you get closer, the rest of the engine reeeeeally needs painting now Sad dont have access to a hose either, which makes cleaning a considerably bigger chore.

kind of wish I'd got a picture with the primed panels on now, oh and here's a picture of the operation halfway through:

Poor Natalie, sat nude, with her clutch and generator open for the world to leer at Sad
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/PIC_0037-1.jpg
This is the state we pushed her to the bike shop in, to get the chain rivetted on, quarter of a mile uphill Neutral
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/PIC_0039.jpg
you can see my pimp horns in that pic, oh and the rather abysmal wiring will be tidied when the horns are fitted.
Yeesh, I also realised I'm still wearing that damn t-shirt, and it's considerably more oily now than it was in that picture.

h00dwink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:55 - 24 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Natalie you're talking about's a pretty sexy lady Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil_Norwich
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:21 - 24 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks good, could benefit from a clean and polish. Only thing I don't like is the exhaust pipes (you've got that sorted tho) and the black end can. Just don't like black end cans.

tutton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 24 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks quite nice actually,
not sure if it will last very long
as there no topcoat? as its just primer and you dont want a gloss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 24 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

He primed it and then did a top coat of Matt black? Confused

tutton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 24 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

He primed then
based in matt black thats what i ment to say.

So theres still no topcoat laquer, to protect the finish.
so the slightest of scratches might ruin the whole finish and wont polish out like if laquered

AJI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 24 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurt Cobain is alive! And he rides a CB500!

Okay... you don't look too like him. I just thought it would be funny...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:17 - 25 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for commentry bike chaps, must say Kurt Cobain is a new one Mr. Green , can add it to the list along with the old drummer from RHCP, some dood out of big brother 3, and of course the female gender.

dont be too concerned about the finish tutton, the plan is to do a proper spray job (well as proper as rattlecans go) next september, cos our student house has a garage, besides matt black looks considerably better than gloss black, the paint is pretty thick, but since it;s a 20 quid sprayjob, I'm not too fussed if it doesnt stay pristine for long, it looks worlds better than it did before.

In fact speaking of keeping it pristene, literally minutes after we'd fitted the tank I tryed to turn the bars, and wondered why they wouldnt move, gave them a big yank and realised there was a screwdriver wedged under the bracer, which had taken a big gouge out of the paint at the front of the tank Shocked

properly stretched her legs today for the first time with the new sprockets, Twisted Evil they are fun, used to top out at 120, and I never really bother going above the ton much anyway, but down a deserted A38 I pinned it through the gears with her still pulling damn hard untill I hit the limiter in 6th at 110, which is more fun than simply running out of puff and tailing off, in fact it was still pulling so well when it hit the limiter that It felt like I'd slammed on the brakes, so yeah, downgear. Considerably more fun through traffic too.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 13:52 - 25 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bike looks wicked fun mate! Thumbs Up

Things you should do now...

Sort out some sort of stainless can, chop it in half re-revit it and it'll sound like hell! Razz

Sort out a tail tidy on the rear

Cool

eDIT:- Oh and a universal twin headlight if you like that sorta thing. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 25 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate, i dig ur hair with the lid. When i had long hair, people thought that i was a lass on a small sportsbike and used to wave at me and wideboys in their BMW's used to have a long erotic stare at me. Opens visor and says "oorriitee maayte!"

I suggest you do the same just for jokes Wink . Obviously you'd need to beat them at the lights to inflict more humiliation. Looks like a smooth job with the paint.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:25 - 26 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killa, the zorst is the next thing to do when fundage allows, well after some new rubber, used CB cans pop up on ebay now and again, and Beawulf and freeflow still make em. I'd never hear the end of it if I put twin 'streetfighter' lights on it though from my mate whos into old crap, though I'll be replacing the indibricks on the arse with ones like the front, which where nicked off my NTV after a lowside, and look really nice.

Haven't noticed any erotic stares Titz, well from guys anyway Wink I'm wondering if I should get it cut before I start wearing my new lid, dont wanna get it cut then find out my lid is shaped to my long hair.

Ta for the compliments, I went to fit the horns and brake stuff today, only to find the horns sound crap as a pair, I've threaded the hole I was mounting one in (on the radiator Evil or Very Mad ) and the brake resevoir bolts wont come out without an impact driver.

meh.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 20:33 - 26 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a strange urge to buy a CB500. I haven't worked out why though.

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 26 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing that, I bought it as a stopgap, and when I got it home I realised that like a year and a half ago when I was getting into bikes the CB500 was the first bike I ever wanted as a noobie, then I forgot about it for shiner things.

Theyre perfectly good for what they are really, revs up a lot quicker than I expected for a twin, though nothing to shout about compared to an il4, and with the current gearing it's pretty good fun.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 23:28 - 26 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
I have a strange urge to buy a CB500. I haven't worked out why though.

Desperation or stupidity. Or most like a combination of both, 40/60.

Ghost
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:05 - 27 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike looks pretty cool, be interesting to see how long the finish stays like that for with no lacquer, you'll have to update with new pictures in a couple of weeks!
Also 4WD transit FTW! Thumbs Up

Matty21
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ideas dude, i also rekon you should get some BT090's , you will stick to the road well improve handling etc Very Happy

Get some renthal bars Wink

Just beef it up man. haha

I love cb500's

I wanna do the cb500 cup.

Endless Nameless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty damn good!

It was painted and put together in my yard. But I've been away for the weekend and I haven't actually seen it finished... Like it Thumbs Up

I'd probably forgive you if you put twin headlights on it actually.

Jockey
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:20 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Transit looks as though it might just be a 4Wd model.-Jockey.

Reppyboyo
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:54 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`d love to do my own paint job tbh.
Wouldent know how to do it though, not to a good standard anyway.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2